What’s the spoiler provider hiding from us?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda is just running in circles with this crap. Kanjuro and momo AGAIN? Also, everyone and their mama knows nothing is going to happen to Luffy so why stall time to create this false suspense instead of just showing us in the same chapter how Luffy is going to get saved. Absolutely god awful writing.

So the spoilers don't actually say that Kaido attacked Momonosuke.

I want to speculate on who Kaido actually attacked. Here's what we know from the spoilers:
  1. Kaido attacked someone that was at Momonosuke's location.
  2. Kanjuro appeared at Momonosuke's location:
  3. The spoiler provider chose not to reveal who Kaido attacked.
  4. Redon hyped up the chapter and said the initial spoilers leave out a lot of juicy details:

The last time the spoiler provider chose to hide a character, it was Oden, and that was a major surprise. Their rationale back then was that they didn't want the casuals to get spoiled through social media. Oden's appearance was big enough that I feel their decision was understandable in retrospect.

If we assume they had similar motivations behind their actions this time, we can rule out a few characters:
  1. Momonosuke
    • He's the natural assumption, there's no point hiding him if he's Kaido's target as he is what people would assume anyway.
  2. Shinobu
    • She's Momonosuke's vassal.
    • Kaido attacking her is a very lame spoiler to hide.
There are many other characters that are outlawed by virtue of their presumed locations, so I wouldn't cover them.

The next major thing to identifying presumed targets is the below question:
Is "Kaido" really Kaido? There are two basic options:
  1. Kaido is a Kanjuro drawing.
  2. Kaido is the genuine thing.

If #1 is true, then I'm guessing Kaido attacked Kinemon or Kiku:
  • Kinemon made contact with Momonosuke and Shinobu and was heading to protect them.
  • Kiku wanted to kill Kanjuro.

Given that this is a Kanjuro chapter:

The "Actor" in the chapter title is most likely referencing him), Kanjuro being responsible for the "Kaido" we see seems plausible.

One way to tell if it's really Kaido would be if he's shown with Zoro's scar.

If #2 is true, then I don't think Kaido's target is a scabbard as that would be very repetitive (he already fodderised them), and it would be hardly live up to Redon's hype.

So characters that Kaido might have attacked
  1. Yamato
  2. Law

Here's where we enter shaky ground.

One reason to think that it might be Yamato is this "hint" from Redon:

If the above was not a troll, but a genuine hint, it might have been suggesting Yamato vs Kaido. Even though Yamato is not confirmed to be Byakko, the supermajority of the fandom expects it anyway:

So even if her DF is not confirmed, Lance could use Byakko to refer to Yamato and expect the fandom to get it.

Another reason to think that it might be Yamato is the extensive setup for an inevitable confrontation between Kaido and Yamato. That confrontation has to start at some point, so it may as well start now.

The main reason to think that it's not Yamato is that the spoiler provider said she is heading to the Rooftop:

I have no real reason to expect there to be caveats to this, so it's probably not Yamato (Kaido remaining on the Rooftop while Kanjuro's Drawing of Kaido attacks seems fine to me).

As for Law, he's about the only significant character that Kaido could potentially run into. Everyone else of note has been spoken for.

To summarise:
  1. "Kaido" is a drawing of Kanjuro's.
    1. He attacks Kinemon or Kiku.
  2. Kaido is the real thing.
    1. He attacks Yamato or Law.

In scenario #2, I would bet on Yamato over Law.

@Topi Jerami, @playa4321, @HA001, @Rivaille, @Oblivion, @Zemlya, @trav.
I would not mind that the clash between Yamato and Kaido happens now. Because, like other, I do believe that this will flesh out the two characters and give us important lore information.

Status
Not open for further replies.