Break Week If Sanji doesn't have CoC in the future, why Oda give us so many hints?

Sanji will have CoC in the future?

• Total voters
Sanji also produced black lightening effect despite not using black armament haki.... which only makes sense to be king's haki
King's punch also had a black lightning effect on the Anime.
Post automatically merged:

Nah, black lightning isn’t always a sign of CoC, with or without hardening

I am saving that, thx.

I guess they're the same users who once claimed that only Luffy in the crew could have the CoC.
From the creators of: "Since Zoro is fighting Kaido Sanji will join too", we get the "Since Zoro has CoC, Sanji has CoC too".

King's punch also had a black lightning effect on the Anime.

I am saving that, thx.
King punch was already theorized by many to be a CoC attack, so why not!

Afterall, it said that this punch could knock down a Yonko... whether you choose to deny that statement or not... maybe Oda said that ONLY to showcase it in far future in EoS war or some shit where SHs don't need to deal with a Yonko on top of WG... And we go back and say "Oda foreshadowed it since Dressrosa"

Point is King Punch is a davastating attack that even Luffy complemented to never have seen one like it before...

I am not sure if Sanji will get CoC. Oda just confirmed that Zoro has it and we are nearing the end of the story. Also Oda should give more development to Zoro and his understanding of how he wants to utilize CoC. If Oda didn't give Sanji Coc during WCI, then I am not sure when the best time will be. I think when it comes to combat, Zoro will get the major feats before Sanji. That doesn't mean Sanji won't show his skill as a fighter, but I think time is running out for Sanji to have proper development regarding CoC.

There is also a strong possibility that Oda will develop Zoro's combat feats and not give him a more developed backstory. Zoro has always been an actions are louder than words character. Meanwhile, Oda gave Sanji two backstories to develop his character. Sanji may not get strong combat feats as a trade off. Only Luffy will get a more developed backstory and connection to the lore of One Piece as well as top tier combat accomplishments.

There's nothing ridiculous about that, again, as long as you're having these pieces fit into a bigger puzzle. When more of these hints come together and make sense, is when you start to put weight into them.

You start with having Oda highlight those four in that moment, while knowing only that Luffy ended up getting it.
You then add Usopp lying about it, while knowing that all of Usopp's lies come true.
You then add Zoro getting confirmation to awaken CoC as well.

So now you can go back to that scene and see that there was no coincidence for Luffy,Zoro and Usopp to be there.

Or maybe you think that there was and continue to ridicule it. But then after Sanji will get it as well, only then most of you will go back and act all surprised about how Oda planned it all along.

I'm just ahead of the curve :jordanmf:
First and foremost you have to understand what Story telling is. Most of us went to school and learned at least the basic's of story telling.
I don't want to take you back to school but I think you need a reminder.

A story consist of a Plot Diagram:

Beginning – contains the exposition and establishes the story’s conflict.
Middle – contains the rising action and the story’s climax.
Conclusion – contains the falling action and resolution.

Exposition
Exposition in a plot introduces of the story’s setting, mood, the main character, supporting characters, and time. Character development happens during this part of the story.

Conflict
Conflict is the problem, crisis, challenge, dilemma, or obstacle presented to the main character.

Rising Action
The rising action is a sequence of solutions to the conflict that the main character tries; it is all the events leading to the turning point of the story. It can be identified by increasing tension, emotion, difficulty, or challenge.

Climax
The climax of the story is the peak of excitement, the moment when the story changes (a turning point), the main character, and the problem is resolved.

The Falling action is all the plot points wrapping up, the consequences of the climax, and reflection on the changes in the main character. It can be identified by decreasing tension, an approaching resolution, and relaxation of emotion.

Resolution Of A Story
The resolution is the plot’s end, whether that resolution is a happy ending or sad ending, fun or frightening, satisfying or unsatisfying. The resolution might tie up loose ends or leave important elements of the story unresolved.

Within this Plot diagram a author uses many Plot Devices:
Here are a few.

Plot Devices
I'm not going to type these up with is descriptions cause I know you won't even read most of this post. I just want to get my point across.

Foreshadowing
Plot voucher
Red herring
MacGuffin
Cliffhanger
Deus ex machina

And many more.
This format exist for writers. A good writer utilizing them well and Oda does pretty well in this department.

Now lets get back from school and back to my points.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You insist that I don't see the hints you are seeing or that I'm denying them or just ridiculing them. You insist that you are ahead of the curve because you see these "hints" as evidence.

Well I hate to break it to you but even if you turn out to be right it won't be because you saw these "hints". You were right because you took a leap of faith and everything worked out for your unfounded guess.

As many have pointed out already in this thread there has to be a structure in the story (plot) utilizing these plot devices like how Oda did with Zoro. There was clear Foreshadowing, Red herring and many other plot devices being use in support of Zoro getting CoC.

As I've repeated said already Sanji can and might get CoC it is possible. However there have been 0 "hints" within the plot to support this claim. If you turn out to be right its was because Oda ignored the use of proper plot device standards in story telling. Not because he gave "hints" mentioned within this thread.

Also you've never addressed most of points user Salah WG mentioned. You keep ignoring all these debunked points and pretend no one has called you out on them to address each point directly instead you give vague statements.

In the spread with Luffy, Zoro, Ace, Shanks, Blackbeard, and Nami.

That page was initially suppose to be a joke to describe how nonsensical the "hints" OP mentioned are.

Btw, the Nami example brought in one of those posts is one where she's inserted in that scene as someone who observes Luffy and Zoro and not acts alongside them in a similar manner. Luffy and Zoro are the ones who don't fight back and get beat up in return, not Nami.

In the Rayleigh scene Luffy, Zoro, Sanji and Usopp all have the same role of highlighted observers, there's no distinction made to separate them in that instance.
Why does this point even matter what element or plot device is this? This is your interpretation of this scene and it could be argued 100 different ways for each side to support their claim.

If you are going to make a prediction with solid proof that uses plot elements and devices your claim will have weight.

If you make these vague and nonsensical connections without any plot elements or devices your claim has no weight.

Story telling has rules and standards. Your going outside these rules and standards to prove a point with guesses. Like I said even if you turn out to be right it's not because you know anything about story telling but because Oda ignored the use of proper plot device standards in story telling. Not because he gave "hints" you insist upon mentioned within this thread.

Last edited:
Narratively it makes 0 sense for Sanji to posses Conqueror's Haki, his goal is completely different than Luffy and Zoro. Zoro having it makes sense because his goal is to surpass all other swordsmen, just like Luffy want's to surpass all other pirates. Also people overestimate Conqueror's Haki too much, Garp didn't have it, Akainu doesn't have it, Blackbeard doesn't have it and they are all top tier fighters. I hope Oda doesn't cave in to the whiny fanboys.

Narratively it makes 0 sense for Sanji to posses Conqueror's Haki, his goal is completely different than Luffy and Zoro. Zoro having it makes sense because his goal is to surpass all other swordsmen, just like Luffy want's to surpass all other pirates. Also people overestimate Conqueror's Haki too much, Garp didn't have it, Akainu doesn't have it, Blackbeard doesn't have it and they are all top tier fighters. I hope Oda doesn't cave in to the whiny fanboys.
This goal thing never holds up when you look at every other conqueror haki user:

Don Qinjao - Wanted money.
Whitebeard - Wanted a family
Big Mom - Wanted a country where everyones equal
Shanks - completely unknown goal

The idea that to be a CoC user means you have a want to surpass people is not shown in the manga…

This goal thing never holds up when you look at every other conqueror haki user:

Don Qinjao - Wanted money.
Whitebeard - Wanted a family
Big Mom - Wanted a country where everyones equal
Shanks - completely unknown goal

The idea that to be a CoC user means you have a want to surpass people is not shown in the manga…
All of them are captains of huge pirates groups.

First and foremost you have to understand what Story telling is. Most of us went to school and learned at least the basic's of story telling.
I don't want to take you back to school but I think you need a reminder.

A story consist of a Plot Diagram:

Beginning – contains the exposition and establishes the story’s conflict.
Middle – contains the rising action and the story’s climax.
Conclusion – contains the falling action and resolution.

Exposition
Exposition in a plot introduces of the story’s setting, mood, the main character, supporting characters, and time. Character development happens during this part of the story.

Conflict
Conflict is the problem, crisis, challenge, dilemma, or obstacle presented to the main character.

Rising Action
The rising action is a sequence of solutions to the conflict that the main character tries; it is all the events leading to the turning point of the story. It can be identified by increasing tension, emotion, difficulty, or challenge.

Climax
The climax of the story is the peak of excitement, the moment when the story changes (a turning point), the main character, and the problem is resolved.

The Falling action is all the plot points wrapping up, the consequences of the climax, and reflection on the changes in the main character. It can be identified by decreasing tension, an approaching resolution, and relaxation of emotion.

Resolution Of A Story
The resolution is the plot’s end, whether that resolution is a happy ending or sad ending, fun or frightening, satisfying or unsatisfying. The resolution might tie up loose ends or leave important elements of the story unresolved.

Within this Plot diagram a author uses many Plot Devices:
Here are a few.

Plot Devices
I'm not going to type these up with is descriptions cause I know you won't even read most of this post. I just want to get my point across.

Foreshadowing
Plot voucher
Red herring
MacGuffin
Cliffhanger
Deus ex machina

And many more.
This format exist for writers. A good writer utilizing them well and Oda does pretty well in this department.

Now lets get back from school and back to my points.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You insist that I don't see the hints you are seeing or that I'm denying them or just ridiculing them. You insist that you are ahead of the curve because you see these "hints" as evidence.

Well I hate to break it to you but even if you turn out to be right it won't be because you saw these "hints". You were right because you took a leap of faith and everything worked out for your unfounded guess.

As many have pointed out already in this thread there has to be a structure in the story (plot) utilizing these plot devices like how Oda did with Zoro. There was clear Foreshadowing, Red herring and many other plot devices being use in support of Zoro getting CoC.

As I've repeated said already Sanji can and might get CoC it is possible. However there have been 0 "hints" within the plot to support this claim. If you turn out to be right its was because Oda ignored the use of proper plot device standards in story telling. Not because he gave "hints" mentioned within this thread.

Also you've never addressed most of points user Salah WG mentioned. You keep ignoring all these debunked points and pretend no one has called you out on them to address each point directly instead you give vague statements.

In the spread with Luffy, Zoro, Ace, Shanks, Blackbeard, and Nami.

That page was initially suppose to be a joke to describe how nonsensical the "hints" OP mentioned are.

Why does this point even matter what element or plot device is this? This is your interpretation of this scene and it could be argued 100 different ways for each side to support their claim.

If you are going to make a prediction with solid proof that uses plot elements and devices your claim will have weight.

If you make these vague and nonsensical connections without any plot elements or devices your claim has no weight.

Story telling has rules and standards. Your going outside these rules and standards to prove a point with guesses. Like I said even if you turn out to be right it's not because you know anything about story telling but because Oda ignored the use of proper plot device standards in story telling. Not because he gave "hints" you insist upon mentioned within this thread.
That right there was a violation personally I wouldn't have it.

Ray joined Roger to turn the world on its head.
Ace and kata inherited it.
If it’s something you just simply inherit, why did no other Charlotte have it?

Where did Oden get his CoC from? He didn’t inherit it it seems, he didn’t have a goal to stand atop the world (he actively hated being in charge), and he didn’t join Whitebeard to do something great.