General & Others Is Oda the best Japanese writer out there?

As in mangaka? Well it is subjective.........for me Naruto and Bleach are better than one piece and if you want to talk about world building Tower of god is also damn impressive.......and there are so many manga and each have their own personal fav...........

Obviously it's a silly question because "best" is so subjective. Tbh I don't read all this new stuff, MHA, Stone, One Punch, JJK, etc. I'm really just interested in OP and collecting older manga. Viz releasing Hokuto and eventually most if not all Jojo trumps that modern stuff for me.

And there's more to manga than shonen or seinen. I can absolutely believe that someone is better in their own way. But I think you have to have a decent understanding of the craft to really wrap your head around what makes someone good or bad, or why Oda is so successful for one thing.

Ok, let's be honest, if you think Kubo or Mashima is bad, you need to read some Western comics. Or maybe romance novels. The fact is, 90% of all things are worse than the worst manga you've heard of. Things are dire.
There are great writers and terrible writers in every country. They're actually pretty apples to oranges though if you're talking about America vs Japan.

Obviously not lol. Japan has the population of 126 milion people and a 3000 years old history, there were/are writers way better than Oda.
How dou know
Post automatically merged:

I read it three times , iam a fanboy of HxH but reqlly Oda isn’t comparable,Togashi is a great mangaka of course , Oda isnt way better ,my bad , but he is really better than togashi

Last edited:
There are plenty of manga that has better writting, not to mention games and all manner of other stuff.

One piece does pretty good for a weekly manga that has been going for over 2 decades, specialy considering the lack of major hyatus this series ever had. Lets be real, its not easy writting and drawing that fast.
Post automatically merged:

With those examples, i hard disagree LMAO.
:suresure:
Pandora hearts? you for real mate?
You are really underestimating one piece , one piece is one of the best artworks in history , it is not just a manga of some people sailing lol