Status
Not open for further replies.
These examples are also back when oda actually showed the progress of the fights.

I think its clear his writing style isn't the exact same as it used to be.
I feel the opposite, this war so far seems more old style like what we get pre ts.
As example Fishmen island was a disaster when it come to great battles, for ability showcase it was great though.
Dressrosa was a set up war to gain a own alliance members who get 1chapter battle with one shoting the villians.
Wci fight where offscrened expect Kata vs Luffy who was over 15chapters.

But this arc you can see Oda try to build up great battles, like Scabbard vs Kaido where 3chapters long.
Supernova vs Yonkou had over 5fight chapters with is insane and yet it wasn´t even the final climax battle.
Even Ulti had many chapters, few little clash with Luffy and co.

You can see Oda try to make this arc very important, Pica vs Zoro in DR was the only strawhat battle who had 2chapter. But in case this arc is more important, more better and having not yet the climax of the arc.
The first Yonkou and the crew going down, that is like Sir Crocodile and his crew get defeated(and each fight had over 3-4chapters), Enies lobby same with the Wg Cp9 had many chapters.

Im sure each fight gonna take 3-4chapters this time.
@Kuro Ashi is not wrong, I feel the same that we going a similar thing like with enies lobby, even Sanji had the same scene with Kalifa/BlackMaria, you can see Oda try to build up a new scenario for this war.

None of those reasons are good and that's why people have their criticisms.

It sounds like jumping through hoops to justify not saying something could be viewed as bad.
Post automatically merged:

Then you can also say the set up was a waste of time if all out did was amount to Tama.

Big mom and Tama meeting wasn't even focused on too long.

If what you say is the case then oda shouldn't have built up that altercation to begin with.

We got neither.

I feel like most bounties will be revealed in a data book
Yeah, I think it'll be 300 - 800 m for the Tobi Roppo.

H

humanbeing

Have we got Ulti's and Page One's bounties? and i feel like at least Ulti is done for.
to be honest i am not convinced that are done for but they are extremely weakened if there is a possibility that they have to fight Usopp and Nami again .
Usopp , Nami , Tama and the gifters will run havoc for now and take as many fodders as possible,. Since Fodders are chasing Tama.

Yup! New World too:

Zoro vs Pica

Fight continues:

On the other hand, Pirate Zoro vs Samurai Ryuma -- albeit it shared half a chapter before this with Ussop defeating Perona and started with the characters saying this fight would be short since they were equal in strength.
You cannot compare a Shichubkai crew(the third one after Croco and Moria) with the first Yonkou crew.
Their is no new world thing, otherwiise Oda wouldn´t spend 3chapters for Scabbards vs Kaido or 5-7chapters Supernova vs Kaido&BM.
Like we see in Alabasta or enies lobby, this is the firsttime that a Yonkou crew get fallen down by a Supernova like Luffy, this is a major event, a build up of 400chapters(Dressrosa was just a set up arc only for this major arc).

I

Indigo

to be honest i am not convinced that are done for but they are extremely weakened if there is a possibility that they have to fight Usopp and Nami again .
Usopp , Nami , Tama and the gifters will run havoc for now and take as many fodders as possible,. Since Fodders are chasing Tama.
Poor Ulti should stand down.

She gets up everytime to get defeated again, it's getting boring. She is like Luffy but we all know she is not gonna win in the end, so it's just cringe watching her get up to get defeated one more time.

Same thing for Page One.

Both already got defeated 2 or 3 times, it's crazy. Let them rest.

I feel the opposite, this war so far seems more old style like what we get pre ts.
As example Fishmen island was a disaster when it come to great battles, for ability showcase it was great though.
Dressrosa was a set up war to gain a own alliance members who get 1chapter battle with one shoting the villians.
Wci fight where offscrened expect Kata vs Luffy who was over 15chapters.

But this arc you can see Oda try to build up great battles, like Scabbard vs Kaido where 3chapters long.
Supernova vs Yonkou had over 5fight chapters with is insane and yet it wasn´t even the final climax battle.
Even Ulti had many chapters, few little clash with Luffy and co.

You can see Oda try to make this arc very important, Pica vs Zoro in DR was the only strawhat battle who had 2chapter. But in case this arc is more important, more better and having not yet the climax of the arc.
The first Yonkou and the crew going down, that is like Sir Crocodile and his crew get defeated(and each fight had over 3-4chapters), Enies lobby same with the Wg Cp9 had many chapters.

Im sure each fight gonna take 3-4chapters this time.
@Kuro Ashi is not wrong, I feel the same that we going a similar thing like with enies lobby, even Sanji had the same scene with Kalifa/BlackMaria, you can see Oda try to build up a new scenario for this war.
I see oda trying but failing to deliver when it comes to certain aspects from this "war.

We'll clearly see once we get future chapters.

I'm just personally not getting invested in the thought of a potential fight but skipping all the fights & only seeing the ending.

Why are people still insistent on Ulti/P1 coming back? It’s not happening. It’s been like 120 chapters, and it has to end sometime.

Luffy is just getting ready for the final round, which I think might just be 1 more attack in KKG with advanced CoC.

You cannot compare a Shichubkai crew(the third one after Croco and Moria) with the first Yonkou crew.
Their is no new world thing, otherwiise Oda wouldn´t spend 3chapters for Scabbards vs Kaido or 5-7chapters Supernova vs Kaido&BM.
Like we see in Alabasta or enies lobby, this is the firsttime that a Yonkou crew get fallen down by a Supernova like Luffy, this is a major event, a build up of 400chapters(Dressrosa was just a set up arc only for this major arc).
First of all, this is the second Yonko crew. Second of all, not sure if you've noticed, but this Yonkou Crew has already been defeated. They're just taking a while for it to sink in. Third, physical limitations. Oda will draw what Oda will draw, but he won't prolong it unnecesarily. A fight costs the same amount of mental energy to choreograph and draw, whether it is a scrub or Goku vs Luffy.

@wraithery

Usopp's supposed opponent being defeated by Big Mom and Nami's "fight" with Ulti getting only a couple of pages in a chapter named after Nami is absolute trash for me as well, so don't think i'm defending Oda handling Nami and Usopp like that :milaugh:
Also, he didn't let Nami get hurt. Her only injuries were off-screened as well, but whenever the duo attacked they went right for Ussop.

Personally, PageOne should have gotten up and Ussop finished him with Impact Wolf. In fact, him and ulti attacking together and then Nami and Ussop with a cool double spread, Impact Wolf and Zeus. Ussop hasn't defeated anyone since Arlong Park (other than Fishman bro). He bluffed Sugar and Perona but didn't hurt them, Franky had already beaten Baby 5 and Buffalo, and so on. Say what you will about Nami spamming chidori, but she's good at it.

H

humanbeing

Poor Ulti should stand down.

She gets up everytime to get defeated again, it's getting boring. She is like Luffy but we all know she is not gonna win in the end, so it's just cringe watching her get up to get defeated one more time.

Same thing for Page One.

Both already got defeated 2 or 3 times, it's crazy. Let them rest.
either that or betray Kaido :D

First of all, this is the second Yonko crew.
No it is not or did the strawhats defeat a another Yonkou in a previous arc?

Oda will draw what Oda will draw
You are right, Oda can draw what he want to draw, in case nothing speaks then against 3-4fight chapters right?
After making 3chapters alone for the Scabbards and 5-7chapters for Supernova, Hell after Kaido, Zoro going to get a full fight too.

there are only 5 of them he would be able to reveal them in one chapter like he did with their DFs
What's the impact of revealing Ulti and PageOne's bounties now when there's a Vivre Card to sell? I mean, y'all go about bounties =/= strength, then there's no need for them. It's just trivia. All we need to know is Tobi Roppo plus Rawr go brr.

H

humanbeing

What's the impact of revealing Ulti and PageOne's bounties now when there's a Vivre Card to sell? I mean, y'all go about bounties =/= strength, then there's no need for them. It's just trivia. All we need to know is Tobi Roppo plus Rawr go brr.
well normally we get the bounties of the strawhats opponents

H

humanbeing

If Jinbe actually defeated WsW, then I don't wanna hear any "Ace was just YC4 level" ever again.

No single reason to assume that Jinbe grew after that. He peaked already as a pirate captain.
every one grow to a certain age . Akainu and Aokiji both grew after MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.