Status
Not open for further replies.
Gldd to hear and you're welcome! Theories like these are always some of the most entertaining and enriching parts of the OP community too!
:ace::fransuper:

On another note, with this mention of Skypeia, sky islands and the sky races, the Sun god and so on, isn't this the perfect way for Urouge to be directly involved in the lore too? I was wondering how he was gonna fit into the lore of OP itself, he does seem to be Birkan I believe too? He definitely has some kind of personal connection to Enel and Oda had him going to "Raijin Island" of all places for good reason.
Urouge also encountered Kaido and prayed for him before Kaido leapt to his "apparent death", Urouge might have thought he was sacrificing himself?
(I need to go rewatch/reread Urouge and Kaidos encounter now haha, see if there's anything new to learn from it...)

And thus we go full circle to this theory of Kaido being sacrificed to the Sun God potentially? This would really hype up Kaido's character if true too, would make so much sense, for Kaido and King and thus what we know from Skypeia too and such.

Post automatically merged:

Yeah absolutely! King has those similar intense mysterious vibes that Katakuri had and I really hope Oda delivers with him! Its probably why he has made King so "irrelevant" up to now, and given Jack and especially Queen the spotlight too. Queen turned out to have major importance so why not King too? Maybe even Jack too in his own way somehow?

On that note too, Oda still hasn't revealed what Judge's eyebrows are like! He had Judge's helmet even get knocked off and damaged by Big Mom but still hid his brow from us! I remember theories of Doflamingo having "an evil eye" too which is why Oda keeps hiding his eyes too?

https://averageicewitch.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F121925187421
Looking at King's zoan form by the way, expecially the beak and the protuberance at the top of the head they look natural and featuring a similar pattern with some of the rest of the body details wise.

So it might be that King's body is really his body for the way we look at it. Or at least partially.

G

Gorosei Informer

Looking at King's zoan form by the way, expecially the beak and the protuberance at the top of the head they look natural and featuring a similar pattern with some of the rest of the body details wise.

So it might be that King's body is really his body for the way we look at it. Or at least partially.
Yeah that makes sense. I hope Oda explains this via his race or so? King's design is so interesting and yet perplexing, there is a lot to be explained there. I don't want to get my hopes up too much though as I remember obsessing on Katakuri being connected to the Beast Pirates and even Kaido's son due to his outfit, sigh.

:goatasure::josad:

Imagine King takes off his mask and it's this guy?:

Or even this one?

Or even *dramatic drum roll* this one!?:

Or even this legend, the lurking legend?

:king::lulz:

Honestly, Oda could have given the Alliance 10K fighters if he really wanted to. Or he could have Had Orochi's men Betray Kaido after Hotei was defeated.

Or he could have had The 400 Something Sulong Minks take care of The Gifters

Literally anything but the Tama Plotline would have been good

Maybe he wrote Himself into a corner with the Gifters and Numbers as he doesn't seem to know what to do with them

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Damn the thread is dead, 100 pages while last chapter we had 250 pages at the same moment last week :josad: no one cares about wimbei :pepehands:
It's not that people dont care about Jinbei.
BUT, what's there to say here?
They fought, it might even have finished this chapter already. POSSIBLY we will get a few more panels next chapter.
The problem is, we get chapters and chapters for minimal events. Tama, the Ulti back and forth, Sanji deciding where to go.
When we finally get some cool fight, that quite a lot of people were excited to see, bam. It's over already. Oda drops some bait lore that we THINK it's gonna get developed, but then...that's it.
Fights were NEVER One Piece's biggest asset, but they lost the sense of "accomplishment" they once had.
My biggest issue with "pacing" in Onigashima was Roof Piece. And by Roof Piece, I include Scabbards vs Kaido.
SO MANY CHAPTERS for fights that didn't actually develop much. It was purely fanservice for Oda himself (scabbards vs Kaido) and for readers (supernovas vs yonkos).
Roof Piece was, at best, 10% of Onigashima. The other 90% were dragged, moved back and forth, wasted, etc. When we get something cool, it is instantly derailed.
- Big Mom defeating Page One, took Usopp's fight.
- Big Mom basically defeating Ulti, taking away Nami's moment from the chapter right before that.
- Zeus' "death".
- Tama
- Sanji and Kalifa 2.0 just to setup Robin's match up.
- Sanji going for scabbards, then going for Momo, then going for Live Floor just to setup his fight against Queen. (I don't put it above Oda to make the "judge connection" be just Queen mentioning the MADS team and that's it for this arc).
- Zoro goes to the fan service thing on the roof only to end up on the Live Floor again, getting some magical potion to setup his most likely fight against King.
- etc.

Looking at Onigashima as a whole, it is, BY FAR, the WORST thing Oda has ever created. Some cool moments in the middle don't make a difference at all. SH's fights are gonna be 1-1.5 chapters long and that's it. And in their chapters, we're still gonna waste panels with Tama, samurais, scabbards, etc.
Winbei vs Whoswho is not the problem.
Everything else is.

Doggo

Damn the thread is dead, 100 pages while last chapter we had 250 pages at the same moment last week :josad: no one cares about wimbei :pepehands:
And being a little more specific.
Maybe full summary will add new things, but by what we got:
"Tama": people hate her. people already hated her last chapter. nothing to add here.
"Sun God": people already discussed quite a lot about that Joy Boy crap. It might raise a few more theories, but a good chunk of it (being somehow related to joy boy) was already discussed. Maybe when the Sun God name is revealed (which seems to be the case that the korean leaker hid it), we might get something more interesting to discuss.
"Jinbei vs Whoswho". Nothing new here. They were fighting last chapter, and kept fighting now. Last chapter we had the reveal of Rokushiki by Whoswho and all, but not the case here. So...nothing new to discuss.
That's why this thread is "dead", compared to last week's.

And being a little more specific.
Maybe full summary will add new things, but by what we got:
"Tama": people hate her. people already hated her last chapter. nothing to add here.
"Sun God": people already discussed quite a lot about that Joy Boy crap. It might raise a few more theories, but a good chunk of it (being somehow related to joy boy) was already discussed. Maybe when the Sun God name is revealed (which seems to be the case that the korean leaker hid it), we might get something more interesting to discuss.
"Jinbei vs Whoswho". Nothing new here. They were fighting last chapter, and kept fighting now. Last chapter we had the reveal of Rokushiki by Whoswho and all, but not the case here. So...nothing new to discuss.
That's why this thread is "dead", compared to last week's.
Lol if Zoro or Sanji was fighting. This thread would explode.
Post automatically merged:

It's not that people dont care about Jinbei.
BUT, what's there to say here?
They fought, it might even have finished this chapter already. POSSIBLY we will get a few more panels next chapter.
The problem is, we get chapters and chapters for minimal events. Tama, the Ulti back and forth, Sanji deciding where to go.
When we finally get some cool fight, that quite a lot of people were excited to see, bam. It's over already. Oda drops some bait lore that we THINK it's gonna get developed, but then...that's it.
Fights were NEVER One Piece's biggest asset, but they lost the sense of "accomplishment" they once had.
My biggest issue with "pacing" in Onigashima was Roof Piece. And by Roof Piece, I include Scabbards vs Kaido.
SO MANY CHAPTERS for fights that didn't actually develop much. It was purely fanservice for Oda himself (scabbards vs Kaido) and for readers (supernovas vs yonkos).
Roof Piece was, at best, 10% of Onigashima. The other 90% were dragged, moved back and forth, wasted, etc. When we get something cool, it is instantly derailed.
- Big Mom defeating Page One, took Usopp's fight.
- Big Mom basically defeating Ulti, taking away Nami's moment from the chapter right before that.
- Zeus' "death".
- Tama
- Sanji and Kalifa 2.0 just to setup Robin's match up.
- Sanji going for scabbards, then going for Momo, then going for Live Floor just to setup his fight against Queen. (I don't put it above Oda to make the "judge connection" be just Queen mentioning the MADS team and that's it for this arc).
- Zoro goes to the fan service thing on the roof only to end up on the Live Floor again, getting some magical potion to setup his most likely fight against King.
- etc.

Looking at Onigashima as a whole, it is, BY FAR, the WORST thing Oda has ever created. Some cool moments in the middle don't make a difference at all. SH's fights are gonna be 1-1.5 chapters long and that's it. And in their chapters, we're still gonna waste panels with Tama, samurais, scabbards, etc.
Winbei vs Whoswho is not the problem.
Everything else is.
Stop the nonesense. If Zoro amd Sanji or Luffy was in this chapter. It would explode. Nobody cares about Jenbei

Doggo

Lol if Zoro or Sanji was fighting. This thread would explode.
It would explode because the "zoro + sanji" thing is basically a thing on its own.
The same stuff would be posted, the same cursing, etc.
90% would be people going at each other throats, 5% people talking about the chapter, and 5% calling OP "trash" in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.