News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Exactly. Kimgdom handled it sooo well by doing time skips in between each arc. In One Piece the world seems to spin only around Luffy - for everywhere he goes, back to back each week he has a whole Arc with a main villain in front of him to beat and surpass with ridiculous plot armor. Give the man a break of a year or two after each arc where he can improve by a bit of training and side quests.
Even if it didn't take years each time I would have prefered for Luffy to be PK at 22/23 rather than 19. At least some weeks to prepare the Wano war, some weeks to recover after and go somewhere else etc. Everything goes so fast in OP it made things unnatural.

Only Shin last fight against Houken was too much plot armor/typical shonen for me. I would have prefered if Shin killed him later when he would be really prepared.

a misunderstanding
gathering a crew > shanks crew
doesnt make him luffy's personal goal/benchmark

great display of the reading skills this bloke no name
surpassing roger is luffy's goal
surpassing mihawk is zoro's .
Oh really? Tell me one single time Luffy claimed he will surpass Roger. Because until now he only said he's gonna surpass Yonkos.
The one Luffy wants to surpass > the one Zoro wants to surpass.

Read the manga next time. Thank youu.

Oh really? Tell me one single time Luffy claimed he will surpass Roger. Because until now he only said he's gonna surpass Yonkos.
The one Luffy wants to surpass > the one Zoro wants to surpass.

Read the manga next time. Thank youu.
nah luffy himself doesnt need to state it
another character did
by your logic surpassing the yonkos and admirals
shanks is no different from say katakuri as one of the benchmarks
better yet he's no different from any yonko or admiral since luffy says he wants to surpass them
following this logic
fuji is also a "benchmark"

his goal to become the pk and finish what roger couldnt
thats his benchmark not someone who never achieved the title.

again get better at this mate. getting a better crew than shanks was whats stated
luffy is well on his way surpassing shanks way before he becomes pirate king.