One Piece Episode 981 - A New Member! Knight of the Sea Jinbe!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • 3/5

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • They slipped Jinbe into the opening's Strawhat group shots. Hell yeah.
  • Luffy's wearing orange and purple to honor Oden's wardrobe. Jinbe is just doing it for the swag.:fransuper:
  • Taking care of some injured Sun Pirates...:memehm:why do I feel like that's not the whole truth here?

• Did Jinbe revoice his lines from early Impel Down? Either way, R.I.P. his original voice actor.

• Sanji's legendary sense of smell that created Big Mom's cake without a taste now being put to shame by Zoro and Luffy. Oh dear.

• Whoa! A beautifully animated new eyecatcher. Reminds me of how Tate draws the Strawhats.

• Never change, Denjiro. You're a funny guy.

• Love the anime playing up Law's plan. The man has never been to Onigashima but he manipulates enemy terrain like a complete mastermind.
  • Great little helmsman moment for Jinbe, but you don't need world-class steering to dodge some cannonballs.:doffytroll:

• Zoro summoned a haki Marco:phoenixmarco:

• Franky's info box is his Wano underwear. Hilarious.
  • Sweet action snippets for the Strawhats. Such a shame Jinbe had to stay behind and watch the ship:wellwell:
Pretty nice episode this week. Clean art and lovely OST choices. Good animation for just eliminating some fodder. The highlight was that stunning eyecatcher. I wonder if there's multiple versions with different Strawhats, or if only the image will change. I'm more than happy with either. I like the little bit of creative flair in adding the Jinbe and Sunny filler, also visualizing the alliance's strategies using Onigashima's map. The ep covered around half a chapter, and not because of the extended action sequence. It also ended at an odd place now that next episode will have to finish the pre-banquet before moving onto Kaido's party. Those were my only gripes, so not too shabby.
The next episode though...Kaido, the Tobiroppo, even Yamato. :usoprice:I'm not ready.

Just thought about it
Luffy and kin being together since punk hazard and both lead the groups

Zoro and kiku: zoro got mad seeing kiku arm chip off and kiku heal him

Kid and raizo: raizo gave him the key in udon

Denjiro and killer: both work under orochi

Law and kawamatsu both a swordsman lol

Izo and Apoo: both long range fighters

Neko drake and Capone: one can turn into a creature, one a animal, and Capone didn't want fight neko

Ashura and urogue: both big

Inu hawkins and bonney: 2 got swords bonney might be from a kingdom and the minks tribe kind off a kingdom? Lol