You guys act like this is new

Monkey D. Garp is someone of significance
Monkey D. Dragon is also someone of significance
and what’s a big ass trope for the chosen one??? Important and Influential relatives

You all should have seen this coming+the fact that his middle initial is treated as such a big deal…..

man you people cry over anything lol

@Ravagerblade
You a big Luffy fan.

What do you think about Oda possibly writing Luffy "the chosen one" way?

I'm disgusted by this.

Luffy being related to Garp and Dragon was okay. But this? Damn.
Depends on how it's written. If Luffy is some sort of chosen one but he's nonchalant about it or doesn't care about whatever, I think it's more palpable, if he just sudden goes This is something I gotta do cuz this is how it was supposed to be, then not really. Unless there's some major character development within Luffy's character, He's more of an "I go my way and how I want it" type.
Then there's the living up to it, type of thing; eh it's a toss up.

I think most people are just sick of seeing the "The Chosen One" trope as it's seemingly overly done by manga writers.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I think most people are just sick of seeing the "The Chosen One" trope as it's seemingly overly done by manga writers.
It is deffo me.

He won't be nonchalant about this I'm sure about that. I just hate this troupe.

Why he can't just be a pirate who achieves PK.

I hope Oda backs down from it or reduces it to some minimal extent shit because it takes away from Luffy's journey a little.

The decision to make Gomu Fruit super relevant to the WG was a bad idea. Cursed chapter.

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
It is deffo me.

I hope Oda backs down from it or reduces it to some minimal extent shit because it takes away from Luffy's journey a little.

The decision to make Gomu Fruit super relevant to the WG was a bad idea. Cursed chapter.
Wouldn’t be the first time

It is deffo me.

I mean, about the Gomu Gomu DF, for all we know some Celestial Dragon may have wanted it for some benign reason, Hence the price.
Will it be so? Probably not, but a possibility.
I mean I'm fine if Luffy does come from some sort of lineage, but so long as that's not all that defines him and his actions, What he does and achieves are his doing not something else persay.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Wouldn’t be the first time
I mean, about the Gomu Gomu DF, for all we know some Celestial Dragon may have wanted it for some benign reason, Hence the price.
Will it be so? Probably not, but a possibility.
I mean I'm fine if Luffy does come from some sort of lineage, but so long as that's not all that defines him and his actions, What he does and achieves are his doing not something else persay.
I think I didn't make myself clear enough.

I hope Gomu is not by any means fucking Joy Boy's previous fruit or some shit.

I think I didn't make myself clear enough.

I hope Gomu is not by any means fucking Joy Boy's previous fruit or some shit.
I think it would be best if this "joy boy" from the past was DFless.
If he did have the Gomu Gomu Df then it's basically just making a carbon copy of a character, it's lazy writing, Part of my Gripe about Sabo, he's just Ace but slightly different.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Part of my Gripe about Sabo, he's just Ace but slightly different.
I don't agree with this. I hate that Sabo was given Ace's devil fruit because everyone basically shits on Sabo just for this reason. Because he got a fruit of their beloved character. Sabo has different motives and ways of living than Ace but I don't feel like expanding on this I did it plenty in past.

Back to Luffy.

The only way I would accept Gomu being some crazy shit is if its awakening is some crazy shit like "Bouncing world'.

But yeah. No Joy Boy in here. Just please don't Oda...

So the first human was a hairless monkey mink and probably Joy Boy? That’s how humanity started??
lol I forgot about that line, thought it as a toss away, but it could actually be really important.
Fuck.
But you did remind me of this video, Thanks.
Post automatically merged:

I don't agree with this. I hate that Sabo was given Ace's devil fruit because everyone basically shits on Sabo just for this reason. Because he got a fruit of their beloved character. Sabo has different motives and ways of living than Ace but I don't feel like expanding on this I did it plenty in past.

Back to Luffy.

The only way I would accept Gomu being some crazy shit is if its awakening is some crazy shit like "Bouncing world'.

But yeah. No Joy Boy in here. Just please don't Oda...
Well Obviously Sabo and Ace are different, if we are talking about how their characters are and act. But the basics is what I mean. Older Brother to Luffy, Fire Fire DF, Protective of Luffy, Hates his lineage, etc I could go on.

Bouncing world? Hmm I don't like it. Depending on how Luffy's Awakening goes, I'd think my favorite would be similar to stretching all sorts of matter etc or so, like Air/Vibrations, Would probably be able to mess with Friction too. I wonder if he could affect something like Light...
Hmm.....

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
like Air/Vibrations, Would probably be able to mess with Friction too
Could basically be bouncing world tho ;d

Older Brother to Luffy, Fire Fire DF, Protective of Luffy, Hates his lineage
Ofc but this was established in ASL.

Sabo suffers from Oda's writing because he got Ace's fruit.

Ace's fangirls ruin Sabo's portrayal.

It's not like Sabo also treated Luffy like his younger bro and promised to be there for him.

Sabo suffers more than Luffy. Because Sabo knew he could've possibly done something but he couldn't because he got amnesia. Imagine the pain of not knowing that ur brother gets hurt and you later realize this after ur amnesia goes off after he literally dies...