Break Week Fishmen Lives Matter!!!!

In all seriousness, since you mentioned it, one would have to be blind or incredibly ignorant to miss the civil rights allegory in Fishman Island, or the segregation used as a significant point in Sabaody. Like you can't even use being outside of the US as an excuse, especially if your education is good enough to teach fluent English.
I agree that there is a clear allegory.
My issue is not there, my issue is that black people are not fishmen nor green asexual humanoid.

I agree that there is a clear allegory.
My issue is not there, my issue is that black people are not fishmen nor green asexual humanoid.
That goes without saying because no one is ever being literal in either case. The point is that outside of physiological extremes, race tends to not exist in manga. There is no intention of representation when it comes to skin or hair color (for examples) because these features are completely random and the countries are all entirety made up anyway. So if you want to talk about diversity all you really have is allegory.

Tbh I don't know why Namek is claimed, but that idea tends to come up through independent thinking lol

That goes without saying because no one is ever being literal in either case. The point is that outside of physiological extremes, race tends to not exist in manga. There is no intention of representation when it comes to skin or hair color (for examples) because these features are completely random and the countries are all entirety made up anyway, so if you want to talk about diversity all you really have is allegory.
Imo people saying Β« this guy is black Β» for character that are not black are acting like beggars. And see black people as beggars who begs for Β« diversity Β», disgust me:whitepress:

Imo people saying Β« this guy is black Β» for character that are not black are acting like beggars. And see black people as beggars who begs for Β« diversity Β», disgust me:whitepress:

Lol who is talking about beggars. Sounds like you have some complex social perspectives to work out. We don't really give a shit that a character isn't black, we certainly don't need these ones or any other characters. Associating them with the struggle is just acknowledging the author's effort to draw a parallel. We'll call Xavier and Magneto MLK and Malcolm x when they're very white just because they hit a simple concept decently. Don't make it so weird lol

Last edited:

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
β€Ž
Lol who is talking about beggars. Sounds like you have some complex social perspectives to work out. We don't really give a shit that a character isn't black, we certainly don't need these ones or any other characters. Associating them with the struggle is just acknowledging the author's effort to draw a parallel. We'll call Xavier and Magneto MLK and Malcolm x when they're very white just because they hit a simple concept decently. Don't make it so weird lol
The issue is that black people are puny humans so comparing them to the obvious superior fishman is like saying human can be as good as fish! Which is false 😀🐟
Fishman > Human
The issue is that fish are the master race so human should stop project on us you all infierior to us.

Fishman:
- 10 times stronger than human
- Can breath under sea
- Have the most pretty females in the 7 seas! The mermaid!
- Have ancient weapon/God as our princess
- Anti fish-man sentiment is because the fish is legit superior while puny human hate each other because they stupid

Human:
- Pathetic land-dweller who scared of the fish
- That's it

That's why saying fish-man = <X human group> is very offensive for us the superior fish 🧐🐟

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH :steef:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
The issue is that black people are puny humans so comparing them to the obvious superior fishman is like saying human can be as good as fish! Which is false 😀🐟
Fishman > Human

The issue is that fish are the master race so human should stop project on us you all infierior to us.

Fishman:
- 10 times stronger than human
- Can breath under sea
- Have the most pretty females in the 7 seas! The mermaid!
- Have ancient weapon/God as our princess
- Anti fish-man sentiment is because the fish is legit superior while puny human hate each other because they stupid

Human:
- Pathetic land-dweller who scared of the fish
- That's it

That's why saying fish-man = <X human group> is very offensive for us the superior fish 🧐🐟

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH :steef: