Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Fights with struggle are more satifying than those without it imo.
My problem with Franky vs Sasaki isn't "Franky should be weaker so it makes more sense", it's "Sasaki should be stronger so Franky can look even better and show more growth from defeating him".

Hell, Franky's most badass moment post timeskip happened specifically because he took so much damage from Sr. Pink's suplex and still stood back up to finish the fight.
And if we were still earlier in the story, I’d be right there with you in terms of wanting the fight to breathe and develop like they used to…all Oda had to do this time if he wasn’t going to expand on it is show Franky having taken more damage so that eventually getting the win would be as poignant as you described. Think it’s a pacing problem more than one of powerscaling, which still sucks :emohiyo:

Nami vs Ulti had great build up but then shat the bed at the end

Usopp vs Page One was always an afterthought to Nami vs Ulti and didn’t even have good buildup. Worst of the bunch by far, beginning to end.

Franky vs Sasaki was pretty decent if you take in the earlier chapter where he landed Victory Slash on him. I don’t like the Shogun, I prefer Franky fighting by himself, but if I ignore that aspect it was a decent enough fight- not every fight needs to be uber serious. Plus it is the most damaged we’ve ever seen the Shogun. Still below Senor Pink and Fukuro, but enjoyable

Jinbei vs WW I thought was excellent. If Toei can only afford to make one decent F6 fight, better be this one.

Robin and Brook vs Black Maria, good starter chapter, if it gets a finisher like Jinbei or Franky I’ll be happy, if it’s like Nami and Usopp I won’t.

Inu vs Jack has a great deal of history behind it, which is in it’s favpur. No need to spemd any time setting the scene, just let the two them really go for each other, deal serious damage, no jokes, I’ll be happy.

I think Sanji vs Queen will be excellent, having made my peace with the Raid Suit. Oda’s obviously loving to draw Queen and I think it’ll be a Kaku/Jabra mix of serious and funny.

Zoro vs King is a big blank right now and King desperately needs some time spent on him. Weirdly my least anticipated of the fights.

Apoo would no diff brook lmao
It's not perfect since Apoo would destroy him physically.

And actually we dont know if he can counter Apoo's fruit since he can hear. It actually could be a bad match for him since he cant cover his ears because he does not have.
Musical battle though :funky:
Maybe it could happen eventually later in the series, Apoo seems like the kind of guy who'd jump ship the moment he starts to believe Kaido could lose.

H

humanbeing

Yamato's strength is for sure no joke. Luffy went one-on-one against Kaido for a few dozens of minutes maybe half an hour. but i think she can hold Kaido long enough for Luffy to come back. Luffy was already weakened as he went one-on-one against Kaido, but now he will eat meat and comes back healthy again and his haki will be charged again. so expect Luffy to last hours next time, since he will have improved his skills as well.

Nami vs Ulti had great build up but then shat the bed at the end

Usopp vs Page One was always an afterthought to Nami vs Ulti and didn’t even have good buildup. Worst of the bunch by far, beginning to end.

Franky vs Sasaki was pretty decent if you take in the earlier chapter where he landed Victory Slash on him. I don’t like the Shogun, I prefer Franky fighting by himself, but if I ignore that aspect it was a decent enough fight- not every fight needs to be uber serious. Plus it is the most damaged we’ve ever seen the Shogun. Still below Senor Pink and Fukuro, but enjoyable

Jinbei vs WW I thought was excellent. If Toei can only afford to make one decent F6 fight, better be this one.

Robin and Brook vs Black Maria, good starter chapter, if it gets a finisher like Jinbei or Franky I’ll be happy, if it’s like Nami and Usopp I won’t.

Inu vs Jack has a great deal of history behind it, which is in it’s favpur. No need to spemd any time setting the scene, just let the two them really go for each other, deal serious damage, no jokes, I’ll be happy.

I think Sanji vs Queen will be excellent, having made my peace with the Raid Suit. Oda’s obviously loving to draw Queen and I think it’ll be a Kaku/Jabra mix of serious and funny.

Zoro vs King is a big blank right now and King desperately needs some time spent on him. Weirdly my least anticipated of the fights.
I know you think Sasaki and WsW are done, but do you find it odd that Oda isn’t showing their bodies laying on the ground unconscious? Oda pretty much always does that. The only exception I can think of is Machvise

H

humanbeing

Franly got some of Vegapunk tech, and now he would saw the raid suit and judge tech and in this chapter Sanj mentioned that Franky would like to get his hand on Queen laser tech. so be sure the next Franky would be able to fire lasers just like Queen and fly like raid suit users.

I see @playa4321 liking but not commenting viz destroy him lol
I like the viz translation even better, in case Sasaki said that Franky shouldn´t underestimate the flying six(fear) and if it even need, he would take him and Franky down. But he didn´t said that this was his last attack, in case I doubt he is down but if he is really down then greats you for beeing right.
:cheers:

"...And went into reverse on accident, didn't he?"

I'm not usually a stickler for grammar, but this particular mistake is so common and it always makes me do a double take when I hear or see it. I see very well spoken people who use "on accident" instead of "by accident" or "accidentally". Maybe I'm out of touch and it's become grammatically correct because of such common usage. Or maybe it's a stylization choice done on purpose for the way Franky talks.

Either way, it just kind of bugged me so I wanted to rant somewhere and I couldn't possibly complain about this to family or friends for fear of them outing me as a weird weeb obsessing over sentences in a manga. :suresure:

I like the viz translation even better, in case Sasaki said that Franky shouldn´t underestimate the flying six(fear) and if it even need, he would take him and Franky down. But he didn´t said that this was his last attack, in case I doubt he is down but if he is really down then greats you for beeing right.
:cheers:
that speak volumes how trash sasaki is the fact franky didn't took him seriously before he said that :myman:

Status
Not open for further replies.