Not open for further replies.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Black Clover - Chapter 300
Title: Beyond Tenacity

CHAPTER IS OUT ON:
VIZ

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Seth

โ€Ž
I'm bad at writing long letters/essays or whatever u can think of when you think about writing something long but here we go!

300 chapters baby! What a rollercoaster of emotions this manga has been. At times bad, mediocre, and pointless writing later mixed up with good and lore expanding writing not to mention the hype for the fights which is top-notch.

Villains in Black Clover needed some time to pick up good writing but I can gladly say that since the Elf Reincarnation arc the Villains are much better written than anyone could expect.

This manga was good before the Spade Kingdom arc but once The Dark Triad and Tree of Qlipoth Devils made their debut in the series I think anyone who liked Black Clover before the Spade arc would agree that the Spade Kingdom arc took Black Clover to higher level.

Tabata despite all the odds and JUMP editors forcing him to not write what he wants managed to give us an amazing arc with so much hype, lore, and world-building. Tabata was highly pressured by the JUMP editors to keep it family-friendly and basically tried to force him to make another Fairy Tail alike manga for the kids to like. Fortunately, Tabata had the balls to stand up to the expectations and gave us a darker and deeper arc than ever. I think no one will question his intentions after he basically draws a "what if scenario" for possible Devils victory with kids hanging off the tree and Devils eating and burning the human world.

Despite all the good things, there are also a lot of bad things that I disliked. People often think that I'm a casual Black Clover defender who thinks that this is my #1 manga and nothing is better written than this. You can't get further wrong than that. Black Clover is not my #1 manga and I still love it like my second child.

Black Clover really lacked tension at times. No deaths, no casualties, and no actual punishment for actions taken. Prime examples:

The Elf Reincarnation arc: No one from the side cast died, the citizens who were attacked by the Elves on the borders of the country or in the Capital itself basically obeyed the laws of nature and lived thru encounters with Tree of Life amped Elves.

The Light Triad ( Asta, Noelle, and Yuno ) didn't experience defeat, fear, or despair until the Spade Kingdom arc which is bad in my opinion. Julius in the early chapters put a huge emphasis on Magic Knights not being a friendly show just for people to attend and take part in.

Gauche should've died. Sorry, I don't have more to add here. Although even I myself explained Grey's powers in a solo thread it is still such bullshit. Gauche "died" on Asta's watch, Asta's Devil got trigger from the past, went Berserk only to later see Gauche being alive and well.

Spirit Guardians not biting the dust is another prime example of a poor lack of tension. Once again even I myself explained why they stayed alive yet still they didn't have any chance against the Dark Disciples and should've bitten the dust. ( Aside of Gaja, he's a different breed ),

Just now in the current chapter, it seems that Loropechka will be saved. Such bullshit. Especially after Noelle got her power-up ( I will also expand on this one shortly after ). Undine made a pact with Noelle to become her Spirit and now that Loropechka will be saved, she will most likely leave Noelle to protect that crybaby Queen again.

When it comes to Noelle's power-up in the recent chapters and leading up to this one. It was insane. Literally one of my favorites chapters in a while and I really, really don't like Asta showing up. I will still let it stack to see what will happen but I need to tell you now. Asta is probably a few minutes away from the Union mode. I'm only praying that Megicula won't jobb to his Union mode. I really fucking hope that Main Trio of the Devils is a different breed both power-wise and IQ-wise.

But now, not to dump in the majority of the reply with the bad things. Time to mention few extraordinary things which made me fall in love with this series.

Asta is a really good MC!

Yes, I mean it. He is a really good structured MC. He has standard shonen protagonist troupes but the execution of his development is something that is heavily underrated. He is much better as MC than Deku. Asta lacks in few aspects like judging the thread or his stupid belief that you can change everyone but he is punished for this despite what anyone thinks. He finally got his reality checks recently and he is still learning from his mistakes. This arc is literally a be or not to be for his beliefs and goals because if Yami dies. It will be on him.

Asta and Yuno's rivalry is a top-notch protagonist rivalry!

Yes. Their rivalry is something that really got me since the beginning of this manga. This is how you write a shonen protagonist and deuteragonist rivalry. Their relationship is healthy, made up of respect for one another but still with one goal in mind. To become the Wizard King which was their dream since they were little kids. They don't need to dig holes under each other. They strive for their goal in their own ways but keep it healthy and respectful which is something a lot of mangas with protagonist rivalries lacks a lot.

Noelle is the best female lead protagonist in the last decade.

Yes!

She is the best written female lead protagonist in a long, long time and there weren't even too many of them. Personally, I think she is the best-written character in the Black Clover manga history. Her goals, beliefs, dreams, achievements up to this point only solidify her strong position. Her character development throughout the series is my favorite part of her character. She goes from a sassy tsundere who thinks she's better than people who were born in lower parts of the Clover Kingdom just because she is royal to a Queen material who will lead a country one day and everyone can depend on. She develops both as a character and also as a fighter. She goes from afraid of her powers, a scared royalty girl to a powerful woman who can stand up for herself without Asta or Captains being alongside her. She develops enough to fight for her dreams and goals alone with a heart made of fire and strong will and she doesn't stop until she can't go on on her own legs anymore. There are characters like Nobara or Maki from Jujutsu Kaisen but their writing is only "good" to some extent in my opinion. Noelle on the other hand is the best female lead protagonist in the manga industry atm for me. You don't have to blindly follow my opinion but I genuinely think even if you read other mangas you may think the same about Noelle.

Now to finish this off. Thanks to everyone who has shown up to the threads in the past and present and help build this part of WorstGen. We went from a small thread in the "Other Mangas" section to a fully blown up own section that is present on the main page of the forum!

I want to especially thank you guys: @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @playa4321 @Konstantis @BangMi @God_Aizen you guys helped a lot just by showing up and talking with us in the section.

My special thanks go to @Light D Lamperouge thank you, bro. We basically built this section from fucking ashes. I couldn't have done it without you.

I hope you lot can still enjoy Black Clover to a bigger or lesser extent and continue to show up in the section from time to time to discuss what Tabata prepared for us:cheers:

The series that was meant to die, get axed early, remain in the sea of Mangas.

300 CHAPTERS STRONG BABY!!!

I'm bad at writing long letters/essays or whatever u can think of when you think about writing something long but here we go!

300 chapters baby! What a rollercoaster of emotions this manga has been. At times bad, mediocre, and pointless writing later mixed up with good and lore expanding writing not to mention the hype for the fights which is top-notch.

Villains in Black Clover needed some time to pick up good writing but I can gladly say that since the Elf Reincarnation arc the Villains are much better written than anyone could expect.

This manga was good before the Spade Kingdom arc but once The Dark Triad and Tree of Qlipoth Devils made their debut in the series I think anyone who liked Black Clover before the Spade arc would agree that the Spade Kingdom arc took Black Clover to higher level.

Tabata despite all the odds and JUMP editors forcing him to not write what he wants managed to give us an amazing arc with so much hype, lore, and world-building. Tabata was highly pressured by the JUMP editors to keep it family-friendly and basically tried to force him to make another Fairy Tail alike manga for the kids to like. Fortunately, Tabata had the balls to stand up to the expectations and gave us a darker and deeper arc than ever. I think no one will question his intentions after he basically draws a "what if scenario" for possible Devils victory with kids hanging off the tree and Devils eating and burning the human world.

Despite all the good things, there are also a lot of bad things that I disliked. People often think that I'm a casual Black Clover defender who thinks that this is my #1 manga and nothing is better written than this. You can't get further wrong than that. Black Clover is not my #1 manga and I still love it like my second child.

Black Clover really lacked tension at times. No deaths, no casualties, and no actual punishment for actions taken. Prime examples:

The Elf Reincarnation arc: No one from the side cast died, the citizens who were attacked by the Elves on the borders of the country or in the Capital itself basically obeyed the laws of nature and lived thru encounters with Tree of Life amped Elves.

The Light Triad ( Asta, Noelle, and Yuno ) didn't experience defeat, fear, or despair until the Spade Kingdom arc which is bad in my opinion. Julius in the early chapters put a huge emphasis on Magic Knights not being a friendly show just for people to attend and take part in.

Gauche should've died. Sorry, I don't have more to add here. Although even I myself explained Grey's powers in a solo thread it is still such bullshit. Gauche "died" on Asta's watch, Asta's Devil got trigger from the past, went Berserk only to later see Gauche being alive and well.

Spirit Guardians not biting the dust is another prime example of a poor lack of tension. Once again even I myself explained why they stayed alive yet still they didn't have any chance against the Dark Disciples and should've bitten the dust. ( Aside of Gaja, he's a different breed ),

Just now in the current chapter, it seems that Loropechka will be saved. Such bullshit. Especially after Noelle got her power-up ( I will also expand on this one shortly after ). Undine made a pact with Noelle to become her Spirit and now that Loropechka will be saved, she will most likely leave Noelle to protect that crybaby Queen again.

When it comes to Noelle's power-up in the recent chapters and leading up to this one. It was insane. Literally one of my favorites chapters in a while and I really, really don't like Asta showing up. I will still let it stack to see what will happen but I need to tell you now. Asta is probably a few minutes away from the Union mode. I'm only praying that Megicula won't jobb to his Union mode. I really fucking hope that Main Trio of the Devils is a different breed both power-wise and IQ-wise.

But now, not to dump in the majority of the reply with the bad things. Time to mention few extraordinary things which made me fall in love with this series.

Asta is a really good MC!

Yes, I mean it. He is a really good structured MC. He has standard shonen protagonist troupes but the execution of his development is something that is heavily underrated. He is much better as MC than Deku. Asta lacks in few aspects like judging the thread or his stupid belief that you can change everyone but he is punished for this despite what anyone thinks. He finally got his reality checks recently and he is still learning from his mistakes. This arc is literally a be or not to be for his beliefs and goals because if Yami dies. It will be on him.

Asta and Yuno's rivalry is a top-notch protagonist rivalry!

Yes. Their rivalry is something that really got me since the beginning of this manga. This is how you write a shonen protagonist and deuteragonist rivalry. Their relationship is healthy, made up of respect for one another but still with one goal in mind. To become the Wizard King which was their dream since they were little kids. They don't need to dig holes under each other. They strive for their goal in their own ways but keep it healthy and respectful which is something a lot of mangas with protagonist rivalries lacks a lot.

Noelle is the best female lead protagonist in the last decade.

Yes!

She is the best written female lead protagonist in a long, long time and there weren't even too many of them. Personally, I think she is the best-written character in the Black Clover manga history. Her goals, beliefs, dreams, achievements up to this point only solidify her strong position. Her character development throughout the series is my favorite part of her character. She goes from a sassy tsundere who thinks she's better than people who were born in lower parts of the Clover Kingdom just because she is royal to a Queen material who will lead a country one day and everyone can depend on. She develops both as a character and also as a fighter. She goes from afraid of her powers, a scared royalty girl to a powerful woman who can stand up for herself without Asta or Captains being alongside her. She develops enough to fight for her dreams and goals alone with a heart made of fire and strong will and she doesn't stop until she can't go on on her own legs anymore. There are characters like Nobara or Maki from Jujutsu Kaisen but their writing is only "good" to some extent in my opinion. Noelle on the other hand is the best female lead protagonist in the manga industry atm for me. You don't have to blindly follow my opinion but I genuinely think even if you read other mangas you may think the same about Noelle.

Now to finish this off. Thanks to everyone who has shown up to the threads in the past and present and help build this part of WorstGen. We went from a small thread in the "Other Mangas" section to a fully blown up own section that is present on the main page of the forum!

I want to especially thank you guys: @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @playa4321 @Konstantis @BangMi @God_Aizen you guys helped a lot just by showing up and talking with us in the section.

My special thanks go to @Light D Lamperouge thank you, bro. We basically built this section from fucking ashes. I couldn't have done it without you.

I hope you lot can still enjoy Black Clover to a bigger or lesser extent and continue to show up in the section from time to time to discuss what Tabata prepared for us:cheers:

The series that was meant to die, get axed early, remain in the sea of Mangas.

300 CHAPTERS STRONG BABY!!!
Mereo is still > Noelle but i agree with everything you said, Iโ€™m not caught up at the moment but i did enjoy how Tabatha isnt shying away from going into more mature themes and situations. Reminds me a lot of bleach in its early days.

Seth

โ€Ž
Mereo is still > Noelle but i agree with everything you said, Iโ€™m not caught up at the moment but i did enjoy how Tabatha isnt shying away from going into more mature themes and situations. Reminds me a lot of bleach in its early days.
Tabata revealed once that he is a huge fan of Miura's Berserk.

I defo could see inspiration from Berserk in that panel with kids hanging off the tree and etc.

I can't say much right now about BC, case right now we have crucial moment for whole series(at least for me it looks like). But there are few things that I could discuss here. For me main problem was overpowered main hero, who has strongest ability from the begining, especially it was shown in second arc. That was always thing that downplay Asta growth whole time. Basically he was strongest so breaking his own limits wasn't that amazing in the begining, like when he litteraly found power up in the dungeon. Now in Veto arc it was showed that even with all that antimagic power he still wasn't able to defeat Veto alone. That actually fixed whole that problem and madw series worth to read or watch. Later again Asta was showed OP with his demon mod, but he easily losed to Licht, who was on absolutely different lvl. In Spade Arc he gain one power up after another without real developing his skills on maximum, and then he get last power up with whole demon power. In those terms he became overpowered, especially where he killed two demons in one row. Case Asta could became overpowered tension moments will be lost.

Now talking about recent chapter. From one point even if I hated overpowered characters, Noelle case is different, case she actually develop her own power, but till this arc her enemies was defeated by others, or her enemy wasn't even close to be called strongest(like elf who was side character, but she was strong tho, but still different league). Noelle cs Vanica actually for a moment put Noelle in same league as Asta and Yuno. But problem was that real demon appeared right now - Megicula. It was undersnadeble if Noelle wouldn't manage to defeat Megicula without help, but right now Asta appeared, and I'm getting Veto fight vibes. Veto fight was my favorite, and in that part of story there was nothing wrong in a way how Tabatha handled Noelle, but not this time. This time Noelle's enemy is the one who killed her mother, it's like fated enemy that she should defeat.

So as I said in the begining, I can't say a lot about BC case of moment where we stopped. Depending on next few chapters this Manga could jump or fall. If Asta solo defeat Megi, that would be awful. If Noelle wouldn't take part of that fight, that will definately crush everything what she did before. Yes, she is strong, but when come for real enemies, not theyre weak form, she can't do a thing - this is what it will look like. From other hand this arc could became beyond all, if we get Noelle and Asta team fight. Well if Yuno will join it, then it will be even better. So yeah, now I'm waiting where this arc going on.

Whole chapter was about Noelle thoughts, about her not giving up, and moment when she said that all that was something that Asta show her. I've got strong Hinata vibes this time. Anyway I hope Tabatha will show Megicula on whole different lvl.

Seth

โ€Ž
I can't say much right now about BC, case right now we have crucial moment for whole series(at least for me it looks like). But there are few things that I could discuss here. For me main problem was overpowered main hero, who has strongest ability from the begining, especially it was shown in second arc. That was always thing that downplay Asta growth whole time. Basically he was strongest so breaking his own limits wasn't that amazing in the begining, like when he litteraly found power up in the dungeon. Now in Veto arc it was showed that even with all that antimagic power he still wasn't able to defeat Veto alone. That actually fixed whole that problem and madw series worth to read or watch. Later again Asta was showed OP with his demon mod, but he easily losed to Licht, who was on absolutely different lvl. In Spade Arc he gain one power up after another without real developing his skills on maximum, and then he get last power up with whole demon power. In those terms he became overpowered, especially where he killed two demons in one row. Case Asta could became overpowered tension moments will be lost.
Hmm. Agree to disagree. I think until the Union mode Asta's power-ups where pretty well balanced, of course there were signs of its overwhelming potential but I genuinely think Asta was incapable of beating someone like Yami or Mereoleona before the Union happened.

Tabata reduced the usefulness of the Union mode by giving it a time limit but it doesn't solve too much since it's basically a matter of time. Asta will struggle for x chapters just until he can go Union again to yeeted the Devils as he did with the Devil Twins.

I think even Tabata knows that he went too far with that and he basically doesn't have a way out of this for now at least.

Although there is a small hope. Lucifero who is the number 1 Devil in the Underworld called Anti Magic "Cancelling spells? What a mere magic of low born creatures". This gave me a lot of hope, to be honest, and if you think about it. Berserk Asta was clapped badly by Dante who is not a master strategist or skilled sorcerer, he just had the right power at the right time. Asta needed a Captain level help to finally beat Dante who is not someone that you should care about.

Megicula is one of the main trio. So I will say this. If Asta claps Megicula as he did with Lillith and Naamah he is too fucking broken for this story and I won't even try to explain this to people. I still hope Tabata has a plan for this and doesn't overhype Asta too much.

I'm one of those people who crave for Tree of Qlipoth victory. I can't imagine any scenario in which the Alliance beats the Tree of Qlipoth but with Asta there it's like.... I'm getting scared.

Now talking about recent chapter. From one point even if I hated overpowered characters, Noelle case is different, case she actually develop her own power, but till this arc her enemies was defeated by others, or her enemy wasn't even close to be called strongest(like elf who was side character, but she was strong tho, but still different league). Noelle cs Vanica actually for a moment put Noelle in same league as Asta and Yuno. But problem was that real demon appeared right now - Megicula. It was undersnadeble if Noelle wouldn't manage to defeat Megicula without help, but right now Asta appeared, and I'm getting Veto fight vibes. Veto fight was my favorite, and in that part of story there was nothing wrong in a way how Tabatha handled Noelle, but not this time. This time Noelle's enemy is the one who killed her mother, it's like fated enemy that she should defeat.

So as I said in the begining, I can't say a lot about BC case of moment where we stopped. Depending on next few chapters this Manga could jump or fall. If Asta solo defeat Megi, that would be awful. If Noelle wouldn't take part of that fight, that will definately crush everything what she did before. Yes, she is strong, but when come for real enemies, not theyre weak form, she can't do a thing - this is what it will look like. From other hand this arc could became beyond all, if we get Noelle and Asta team fight. Well if Yuno will join it, then it will be even better. So yeah, now I'm waiting where this arc going on.

Whole chapter was about Noelle thoughts, about her not giving up, and moment when she said that all that was something that Asta show her. I've got strong Hinata vibes this time. Anyway I hope Tabatha will show Megicula on whole different lvl.
I had mixed feelings when I saw Asta arriving. Especially that he should be close for round 2 of the Union mode. I really hope he just tags with Noelle for a period of time but doesn't use the Union here and instead Nozel and Dorothy show up and they tell Noelle that they can handle this and he should go after Morris. When it comes to Noelle vs Megicula. I think Noelle did enough for now to gain the respect of the readers. She's still the one who casted curse upon her mother but if we think about it, Noelle beat the one responsible for executing Megicula's orders which were Vanica. I hope Nozel and Dorothy show up, tag with everyone there and help fight Megicula until the end of the arc with the possible ending being Noelle regaining her powers ( she would majorly rest while Captains fight Megicula ) to finish her off with a final attack that would be cutting Megicula's head or something.

I understand why everyone including you might be concerned. This manga has been on the borders between good outcomes and massive PiS.

For now I'm putting my trust in Tabata and let's hope Megicula claps Asta in the Union mode:cheers:

Hmm. Agree to disagree. I think until the Union mode Asta's power-ups where pretty well balanced, of course there were signs of its overwhelming potential but I genuinely think Asta was incapable of beating someone like Yami or Mereoleona before the Union happened.

Tabata reduced the usefulness of the Union mode by giving it a time limit but it doesn't solve too much since it's basically a matter of time. Asta will struggle for x chapters just until he can go Union again to yeeted the Devils as he did with the Devil Twins.

I think even Tabata knows that he went too far with that and he basically doesn't have a way out of this for now at least.

Although there is a small hope. Lucifero who is the number 1 Devil in the Underworld called Anti Magic "Cancelling spells? What a mere magic of low born creatures". This gave me a lot of hope, to be honest, and if you think about it. Berserk Asta was clapped badly by Dante who is not a master strategist or skilled sorcerer, he just had the right power at the right time. Asta needed a Captain level help to finally beat Dante who is not someone that you should care about.

Megicula is one of the main trio. So I will say this. If Asta claps Megicula as he did with Lillith and Naamah he is too fucking broken for this story and I won't even try to explain this to people. I still hope Tabata has a plan for this and doesn't overhype Asta too much.

I'm one of those people who crave for Tree of Qlipoth victory. I can't imagine any scenario in which the Alliance beats the Tree of Qlipoth but with Asta there it's like.... I'm getting scared.

I had mixed feelings when I saw Asta arriving. Especially that he should be close for round 2 of the Union mode. I really hope he just tags with Noelle for a period of time but doesn't use the Union here and instead Nozel and Dorothy show up and they tell Noelle that they can handle this and he should go after Morris. When it comes to Noelle vs Megicula. I think Noelle did enough for now to gain the respect of the readers. She's still the one who casted curse upon her mother but if we think about it, Noelle beat the one responsible for executing Megicula's orders which were Vanica. I hope Nozel and Dorothy show up, tag with everyone there and help fight Megicula until the end of the arc with the possible ending being Noelle regaining her powers ( she would majorly rest while Captains fight Megicula ) to finish her off with a final attack that would be cutting Megicula's head or something.

I understand why everyone including you might be concerned. This manga has been on the borders between good outcomes and massive PiS.

For now I'm putting my trust in Tabata and let's hope Megicula claps Asta in the Union mode:cheers:
Well, yes this is what I meaned, Union mide is too OP, put Asta in different league, while he was there already. For me Union mode was rashed, so case that Asta became too strong. Right now depending on fight with Megicula, we will see where fight is going on. Case of there was much more background builded on Megicula only, I'm still hoping this fact, that Asta joined a battle wouldn't turn thing bad for manga, but will show real power of Megi and possible tag team between Noelle, Asta and maybe Yuno. I mean interaction between those three(four with Liebe) will be enough to made those chapters best chapters in BC, and I'm not even saying what will happen when Dorothty and Nozel appear.
Now if Asta will defeat Megi alone that will be reason for me to stop reading BC for a while, not totally drop(for now). Case yes, that will mean that Asta is overpowered.

Seth

โ€Ž
Well, yes this is what I meaned, Union mide is too OP, put Asta in different league, while he was there already. For me Union mode was rashed, so case that Asta became too strong. Right now depending on fight with Megicula, we will see where fight is going on. Case of there was much more background builded on Megicula only, I'm still hoping this fact, that Asta joined a battle wouldn't turn thing bad for manga, but will show real power of Megi and possible tag team between Noelle, Asta and maybe Yuno. I mean interaction between those three(four with Liebe) will be enough to made those chapters best chapters in BC, and I'm not even saying what will happen when Dorothty and Nozel appear.
Now if Asta will defeat Megi alone that will be reason for me to stop reading BC for a while, not totally drop(for now). Case yes, that will mean that Asta is overpowered.
I put my hope and trust in Lucifero's words. In theory, his magic should bend the law of nature which is even more than Anti Magic.

Megicula is one of the big three. We might get a lot of answers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.