Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the same thing at all. If Yamato’s story ends exactly the same way as that myth people predicted her by then you can equate the two. Oda references things all the time. Ussop's story was based on the boy who cried wolf but he didn't die in the end. Chopper was based on Rudolph but he didn't rejoin his herd in the end. Predicting that Oda will add a character to reference things is entirely different from predicting the result of an entire character arc. You've also shot yourself in the foot with this one, because if Oda is following his references 1:1 then which of the two myths about Yamato is he going to follow? Again, tell me the difference between this argument and MKB. I can't see any more evidence for this than MKB.
I'm not saying that Oda follows his references 1:1. I'm saying that it's enterily possible for Oda to close Yamato's character in a way that reminds of one of her inspirations if he feels like it.

I'm not saying that Oda follows his references 1:1. I'm saying that it's enterily possible for Oda to close Yamato's character in a way that reminds of one of her inspirations if he feels like it.
Yeah, it's possible, but is there evidence for him doing that? If not then it's not an argument. Name one time Oda has made a character based on another story and ended that character's arc exactly the same way. I just gave 3 examples of him doing the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.