Versus Battle Naruto vs Deku vs Asta vs Yuji vs Denji vs Luffy

Who do you think is the best character?

• Total voters

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
I will not deny that the reincarnation stuff was the worst decision Kishi made, as you know. But until that point Naruto is the very best mc you just had to root for.
Up until that point sure.

Doesn't matter because Kishi took a fat dump on everything Naruto has ever achieved, or ever stood for.

Worst downgrade in history.

oda has been messing stuff up in one piece but i dont think oda will fuck the plot up so bad like what happened in naruto.

i actually trust oda to atleast execute that plot line in a decent way.
Post automatically merged:

by that plotline i mean the destiny parts
Yeah if destiny stuff is not like reincarnation in narutos then it will be alright one piece is also a growth story I want straw hats to grow naturally
Post automatically merged:

Naruto is maybe one of the character I hate the most in all manga
What I hate about narutos is his obsession with sasuke it's creeps me out

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Do you think Luffy will become second naruto
Even if he does end up becoming pirate Jesus, I don't think that's too much of a problem for Luffy since he's never followed the "hard working" premise, unlike the typical shonen mcs.

To quote myself from another thread.

I have no problem with Luffy being born under a lucky star and being blessed. That's who he was from the get go. He was a member of the D. Clan and had access to a df which was incredibly rare outside of the grandline and more so in East Blue, the weakest of the 4 seas. This was already established in chapter 1.

Unlike Naruto or other shonen mcs, Luffy was already super strong upon introduction. He already possessed his own df, and "trained" himself from little to possess immense physical stats by the time he set out to sea. These were his own powers, and with it he was clapping everyone's cheeks in East Blue without too much trouble. He was never the underdog. He wasn't meant to be the typical hard working MC who was relatable. No, he was already blessed.

However, what I really don't enjoy about his character, and what has ultimately destroyed his character as many people and Major has pointed out is the inherited will/ child of prophecy bs.

Luffy was a man who set out to become PK not because he wanted to be the king of the world, or some sort of ruler. He set out because he wanted to become the freest man to have ever set sail.

However, all that has now gone right out of the window. Luffy's locked in a destiny forced to lick Roger's footsteps and become Joyboy 2.0, and his df will now be some ultimate bs Joyboy fruit too. He's not his own person no more. His actions are no longer his own choice since they're already all predetermined.

He's become the complete opposite of what he srands for. He's no longer free. My man is oppressed.

And that, is quite frankly disgusting. Probably a bigger 180 than even Ninja Jesus.
I was quite emotional when that chapter dropped lmao. I will see if Luffy does indeed end up tied up in a prophecy without his own "free will" and freedom.

That I would have a problem with.

Even if he does end up becoming pirate Jesus, I don't think that's too much of a problem for Luffy since he's never followed the "hard working" premise, unlike the typical shonen mcs.

To quote myself from another thread.

I was quite emotional when that chapter dropped lmao. I will see if Luffy does indeed end up tied up in a prophecy without his own "free will" and freedom.

That I would have a problem with.
Yeah this destiny and prophecy crap is against his ideals and freedom he values

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Yeah if destiny stuff is not like reincarnation in narutos then it will be alright one piece is also a growth story I want straw hats to grow naturally
no i dont mean that way. i would like for oda to give his own try at the reincarnation story if he chooses to do so. i am curious to see how oda (who clearly potrays eugenics as a bad thing) does this trope in his story.

no i dont mean that way. i would like for oda to give his own try at the reincarnation story if he chooses to do so. i am curious to see how oda (who clearly potrays eugenics as a bad thing) does this trope in his story.
I think at this point oda should have whole story planned I dont think he will make any special changes let's see how whole story turns out if it all fits together in a good way

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
I will not deny that the reincarnation stuff was the worst decision Kishi made, as you know. But until that point Naruto is the very best mc you just had to root for.
Was he though? Throughout Shippuden he set aside his hokage goal to save Sasuke because of his underdeveloped “best friend” relationship with him.

Sasuke, the same guy who switched his goal multiple times on a whim, killed multiple people, and completely shat on Itachi’s wished to protect the village.

Why should I root for Naruto when he wants to save someone who doesn’t deserve nor want to be saved lol

Was he though? Throughout Shippuden he set aside his hokage goal to save Sasuke because of his underdeveloped “best friend” relationship with him.

Sasuke, the same guy who switched his goal multiple times on a whim, killed multiple people, and completely shat on Itachi’s wished to protect the village.

Why should I root for Naruto when he wants to save someone who doesn’t deserve nor want to be saved lol
His and sales obsession with emo sasuke truly creeps me

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Luffy is the best hands down. Idk about Denji since I didn't get that far but I really liked him. He might top Luffy (if I actually ever finish CSM)

Yuji is alright, Deku kinda sucks and Naruto is trash

idk Asta apart from like the 30 chapters of Black Clover I read like 5 years ago

so I would say:

Luffy > Denji > Yuji > Deku > Asta > Naruto