My Hero Academia Anime General Discussion

I've been holding out hope for MVA, but things aren't looking good. No idea what Bones (or whoever in charge) was thinking.
Yeah I don't know what studio Bones is doing at this point, MVA being adapted in the last six or five episodes has be worried.

From what I've heard they switched the MVA arc and the Endeavor Agency arc because of the third movie, also I feel like studio Bones purposely doesn't want to show MVA.

Season 5 was supposed to be a really good season however it ended up being really underwhelming.

Yeah I don't know what studio Bones is doing at this point, MVA being adapted in the last six or five episodes has be worried.

From what I've heard they switched the MVA arc and the Endeavor Agency arc because of the third movie, also I feel like studio Bones purposely doesn't want to show MVA.

Season 5 was supposed to be a really good season however it ended up being really underwhelming.
I think people are a little overhyped for MVA.

Like, MVA is a decent arc, but I could understand trying to condense it, considering it is only a single battle.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The only thing that can save them is if they prepared 3/4 OVA episodes or special episodes with high budget to showcase MVA in the end of the season or in few months.

Because I don’t understand at all why they aren’t doing it right now. The only reason I can find is the battle cost too much money to animate correctly and between the normal anime and the next movie they are a bit short.

The only thing that can save them is if they prepared 3/4 OVA episodes or special episodes with high budget to showcase MVA in the end of the season or in few months.

Because I don’t understand at all why they aren’t doing it right now. The only reason I can find is the battle cost too much money to animate correctly and between the normal anime and the next movie they are a bit short.
Or maybe they don't think the arc is really worth investing in because they don't think its worthwhile?:steef:

In all seriousness, series go through dead patches like the endeavour agency arc typically because they are preoccupied working on a different part of the season.

Either that, or they don't have enough staff lol.

I think people are a little overhyped for MVA.

Like, MVA is a decent arc, but I could understand trying to condense it, considering it is only a single battle.
Many people really enjoyed MVA at least in the west and it's understandable why, it's an arc focused on the main villains and not on the main protagonists which is something very rare to see.

The arc gives really good character focus to the villains mainly Shigaraki, Twice, and Toga, we also get to see their backstories, and the arc also sets things up for the war arc and beyond.

It's an arc that is not only important for the villains but also important for the story, so again it's understandable why many people including myself not only wants to see this arc in the anime but we also want to see a proper adaptation of it.

Also I want to see more of Re-Destro in the anime.

At this point I seriously think that they don't want to show the MVA arc in the anime, I've heard Japanese readers were not a huge fan of MVA.

I've also heard the several officials from both Jump, and studio Bones have said in interviews how unusual it is to do a villain centered arc in a Shonen and that they are unsure if Japanese fans will like it on TV.

The voice actress for Toga apparently said she didn't like the arc and didn't like voicing for Toga because she thought it was too dark for her tastes, also the voice actor for Deku and the voice actress for Ochaco both said that MVA looked like a joker film and Ochaco's voice actress also said she didn't like the backstory for Toga.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
At this point I seriously think that they don't want to show the MVA arc in the anime, I've heard Japanese readers were not a huge fan of MVA.

I've also heard the several officials from both Jump, and studio Bones have said in interviews how unusual it is to do a villain centered arc in a Shonen and that they are unsure if Japanese fans will like it on TV.

The voice actress for Toga apparently said she didn't like the arc and didn't like voicing for Toga because she thought it was too dark for her tastes, also the voice actor for Deku and the voice actress for Ochaco both said that MVA looked like a joker film and Ochaco's voice actress also said she didn't like the backstory for Toga.
F… them all

if they didn’t animate ReDestro vs Shiggy it’s a scandal, same for Dabi vs Geten or the sad man parade

Many people really enjoyed MVA at least in the west and it's understandable why, it's an arc focused on the main villains and not on the main protagonists which is something very rare to see.

The arc gives really good character focus to the villains mainly Shigaraki, Twice, and Toga, we also get to see their backstories, and the arc also sets things up for the war arc and beyond.

It's an arc that is not only important for the villains but also important for the story, so again it's understandable why many people including myself not only wants to see this arc in the anime but we also want to see a proper adaptation of it.

Also I want to see more of Re-Destro in the anime.
Yeah, but I don't think they really care necessarily for specifically western audiences. Also, whose to say that MVA is going to be bad?

Like, this is a lot of drama for an arc that hasn't even aired yet.

It gives good character focus to Shigaraki, Twice and Toga, true. It only really works well, or is only really good for Shigaraki and Twice though. I still did not give a shit about Toga after that arc, also, the other three villains still suck.

Like, for me, MVA is weird. Outside of maybe Twice, we are not supposed to really care or sympathize with the villains as much as we are to understand them.

In that sense, I found it a little bit of a chore at times. This is not to say it wasn't interesting or didn't explore the themes, but its also really hard to care about literal mass murdering assholes fighting other assholes. Its kind of difficult to get invested in that. Aside from Twice, I don't think I would have at all cared if the entire league died from getting steam rolled with a road roller, because they aren't really great personalities to invest in.

I know this is the stock criticism of the arc, but I think its one that still holds true.

Still, seeing Shigaraki blow stuff up was fun. Hope thats well animated at least.