General & Others Zoro and Sanji, Wings of Pirate King

I heard them but as I said I trust Paul’s more .

But why Sanji being the « wings » by himself his a bad thing or a L for Sanji ? That is what I do not get.

I mean you are basically fighting to strip away Sanji’s individual portrayal. It would like a Kidd fab fighting to prove that Law is as a rival to Luffy than Kidd. Would be weird right?

Now if you absolutely want to share with Zoro, be my guest. It just add to Zoro own portrayal.
Can you guys not conceive that some people would argue for what they believe is actually true ?

You don't need to trust Paul less though. Paul gives a fine literal translation. The people who know japanese explain us the implications.

There's not contradiction between the two.

Yeah no.
I ask him about the translation process, I hope he answer me. If you want information about the Spanish translation ask the Spanish translator yourself.
LOL ok.

Why big asking him about his opinion on the debate if you are in cahoots with him.

And you don't get it. I don't give a fuck about English, Spanish or German Translation.

Fact is there is no debate according go native JPs about it the term and even as people pointed out in this tread and others. The whole term evrn with "wings" would be out of context of not used as a single.

But hey. I know... If can't be like it and Stephen is now the mesias of proving. Fuck the rest

Can you guys not conceive that some people would argue for what they believe is actually true ?

You don't need to trust Paul less though. Paul gives a fine literal translation. The people who know japanese explain us the implications.

There's not contradiction between the two.
When I was arguing that Sanji will bake a cake in WCI and has no real fight, which was what I believed to be true, you threw away all my arguments and called me a Sanji hater, remember ? So I find that rich coming from you…but people can change I guess.

Now as I said if you really want to share, share but I do not see how the people not willing to share are « Sanji haters ». I mean they also arguing for what they believe is true.

When I was arguing that Sanji will bake a cake in WCI and has no real fight, which was what I believed to be true, you threw away all my arguments and called me a Sanji hater, remember ? So I find that rich coming from you…but people can change I guess.

Now as I said if you really want to share, share but I do not see how the people not willing to share are « Sanji haters ». I mean they also arguing for what they believe is true.
wonder how they reacted when the baking shit started?
dropped that shitty arc wci :milaugh:

I think you recall that wrong.

I was never one of the people who argued silly things like "Sanji will in fact be the one to solo Katakuri" back in WCI like some did.

Certainly not everyone who argues fom that standpoint is.

The Sanji haters around here are well known so their take in this discussion is irrelevant to "prove" that :milaugh:

LOL ok.

Why big asking him about his opinion on the debate if you are in cahoots with him.

And you don't get it. I don't give a fuck about English, Spanish or German Translation.

Fact is there is no debate according go native JPs about it the term and even as people pointed out in this tread and others. The whole term evrn with "wings" would be out of context of not used as a single.

But hey. I know... If can't be like it and Stephen is now the mesias of proving. Fuck the rest
Where do you see me said that I’m in cahoots with him?

I asked him a général question because I find ridiculous to bother the guy with fan wars argument. Furthermore, knowing the translation process might help people to put some respect on his name.

There is no debate and you don’t care but you are there asking me to ask questions like frustrated kid? If you are so certain of yourself, move on and stop pestering me about things that you do not care about anyway apparently

But why Sanji being the « wings » by himself his a bad thing or a L for Sanji ? That is what I do not get.
Due to the same reason they will consider for Zoro as an L if Zoro fights King.

They don't want Zoro to have equal battles with Sanji. They want for Zoro a better title than being one of the wings just like Sanji

I think you recall that wrong.

I was never one of the people who argued silly things like "Sanji will in fact be the one to solo Katakuri" back in WCI like some did.

Certainly not everyone who argues fom that standpoint is.

The Sanji haters around here are well known so their take in this discussion is irrelevant to "prove" that :milaugh:
No man, I remember well. You called me a hater because I defend the idea that Sanji will not have fight in WCI. You even called me out (and others) after the clash between Sanji and Daifuku’s genius on the Sunny saying that next week Sanji would fight Daifuku for sure and that we should look at ourselves in a mirror.

True you never said that Sanji will fight Katakuri but you were adamant that he would fight either Oven or Daifuku.

Not everyone defending that Sanji share this portrayal with Zoro is genuine either.

Same thing can be said about other people in this thread tho.
Post automatically merged:

Due to the same reason they will consider for Zoro as an L if Zoro fights King.

They don't want Zoro to have equal battles with Sanji. They want for Zoro a better title than being one of the wings just like Sanji
This does not answer my question.

How wanting Zoro and Sanji to have their own individual statut in the crew is a bad thing?

No man, I remember well. You called me a hater because I defend the idea that Sanji will not have fight in WCI. You even called me out (and others) after the clash between Sanji and Daifuku’s genius on the Sunny saying that next week Sanji would fight Daifuku for sure and that we should look at ourselves in a mirror.

True you never said that Sanji will fight Katakuri but you were adamant that he would fight either Oven or Daifuku.

Not everyone defending that Sanji share this portrayal with Zoro is genuine either.

Same thing can be said about other people in this thread tho.
:sus:

I did think that if he get's a fight it would be against either Oven or Daifuku, and made threads explaining about how that can make sense with certains thematic ties.

But i was never setled on a particular fight happening for certain, and definitely did not participate in the crazy hilarious attempts to hype Daifuku or Oven as former Commanders or stuff of that nature.

I honestly don't recall, so if it happened it was a spur of the moment thing that didn't really stick with me at all or put too much thought into :quest:

I'll trust your word that it happened, and say that i was wrong to call you that if i did :cheers:

Paul's isn't "the official". There's no "the official" but official translations for other languages (not only English), and even official translators make mistakes or interpret subjectively on a daily basis (feels like you have never questioned a translated piece of cultural work...). It's not about picking and choosing translations but making a critical judgement of each translation, and in this particular case, Paul has against him:

1) Other official translations disagreeing with his interpretation.

2) Other Japanese speakers, some of them native, disagreeing with his interpretation.

3) Previous statement by Oda that used the same wording as in last chapter disagreeing with his interpretation.

And this is only discussing the wings part (which in raw doesn't necessarily mean that Sanji is both wings at once, because, you know, Japanese =/= English), because Brook's may also be highly debatable.
What are you talking about? Viz translation is the official translation. Paul's is the official English translator.
Yeah that's just a pathetic excuse. Oda makes mistakes, it doesn't change that he is the official author.
Paul's translation is also proof read so again can you even prove it is a mistake? This is the typical case of "translation does not fit my narrative so it must be a mistake"

1) Are those other translations the official English translation?

2) Viz translation is proofread by Japanese editors

3) Previous statement by Oda that never states that Zoro and Sanji are part of the same wing. You already conceded this point do why even bring it up

Raws has it as plural. Like I said, you can't be picking and choosing something to fit your narrative.

:sus:

I did think that if he get's a fight it would be against either Oven or Daifuku, and made threads explaining about how that can make sense with certains thematic ties.

But i was never setled on a particular fight happening for certain, and definitely did not participate in the crazy hilarious attempts to hype Daifuku or Oven as former Commanders or stuff of that nature.

I honestly don't recall, so if it happened it was a spur of the moment thing that didn't really stick with me at all or put too much thought into :quest:

I'll trust your word that it happened, and say that i was wrong to call you that if i did :cheers:
Very mature of you :cheers:

Some of yall need to chill. Stephen Paul chooses to go with the literal translations a lot of the time because it caters to the casual English speaking audience, and is much easier to word it that way rather than to try and explain away the double meanings of Japanese text.

This is why it is great to be apart of a community where there are native speakers to the actual text, so they can better help those non native speakers understand the authors intent. Stephen translates for the masses, and unfortunately things will end up lost in translation. That's just the nature of the business.