Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the chapter was showed that she trained and learned some of the fishman techniques and the dragon claw techniques, which she combined in that palm strike against the roof.
There is nothing about Haki there, Robin didnt learn Haki.
Her devil form has that shading to make it look like an actual devil so her epither would make sense, that's all.

I don't count that throwaway trash a proper 1-on-1. All the SHs men got a two-page highlight against actual opponents.
It´s obvious Oda did not know how to make impactful power-ups for all the Strawhats over the 2 years. Robin´s power-up, while logical, really lacks the umph factor. And the demon looks impressive visually, it´s still the same thing, bigger and stronger. He could have done more with martial arts, but it was used to destroy the ceiling...
Heck, being with the Revos for 2 years who clash with cipher pol, adopting Rokushiki would have been great, and it´s not like Robin lacks the brutality to use those considering her clutch.

G

Gorosei Informer

it’s honestly sad that most people completely have forgotten about Robin vs Hammond back then in FI. Doble Clutch >>>>> Mil Fleur Gigantesco Mano: Stomp IMO
That wasn't much of a fight. It was just for the SHs to flex their new training, strength, moves and abilities ofc. And Wobins new moves were definitely amazing ofc too.

But this time she's getting an actual serious, difficult fight which forced her to go all out, which is a huge difference naturally.

Oda has been very subtle with showcasing her true strength, he was holding her back for some reason as I suspected and was really hopeful for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the most logical reason is that Robin does it with a purpose to know Black Maria’s skill; whether Black Maria has haki or not, or that Black Maria has something else up in her sleeves. It’s like stalling for a moment, read the situation, then counter-react it; or stalling to drain Black Maria’s strength. Robin is one of the most brilliant character in One Piece. She would not do things recklessly without reading the situation. Again, especially in the end Robin says “I overdid it” means that the Demonio Fleur is one-shot skill. Imagine if a trump card starts at the beginning only to fail in the end, Robin would have been done for.
brook painted robin as this vastly superior figure that black maria should run away from asap, robin could've figured out BM's fighting style without taking so much unnecessary damage, and robin didn't look like she was reading the situation.
also BM had robin pinned and didn't poison her with her spider legs, instead she just used the knuckles.

That wasn't much of a fight. It was just for the SHs to flex their new training, strength, moves and abilities ofc. And Wobins new mpves were definitely amazing ofc too.

But this time she's getting an actual serious, difficult fight which forced her to go all out, which is a huge difference naturally.
Exactly. That’s why I said if Robin has never shown haki and finally shows it here, it makes a lot of sense. Because it’s a one-shot skill. So far Robin hasn’t fought formidable opponents post-timeskip, because she feels she doesn’t need to. Not to mention it’s more reasonable to use haki, as Black Maria hurt Robin multiple time in the same chapter. It’s like Robin used haki to stop making Black Maria countering her. If it’s not haki, then why in the small page the grown leg is not black, but in the next Grand Jacuzzi Clutch page is black?

Dunno but I find it hilarious if people don’t want Robin to get a proper power-ups while Robin’s DF is one of the most effective Paramecia. It’s like people want Robin & Nami keep being damsel-in-distress and need Monster Trio + Jinbe to protect them.

Exactly. That’s why I said if Robin has never shown haki and finally shows it here, it makes a lot of sense. Because it’s a one-shot skill. So far Robin hasn’t fought formidable opponents post-timeskip, because she feels she doesn’t need to. Not to mention it’s more reasonable to use haki, as Black Maria hurt Robin multiple time in the same chapter. It’s like Robin used haki to stop making Black Maria countering her. If it’s not haki, then why in the small page the grown leg is not black, but in the next Grand Jacuzzi Clutch page is black?

Dunno but I find it hilarious if people don’t want Robin to get a proper power-ups while Robin’s DF is one of the most effective Paramecia. It’s like people want Robin & Nami keep being damsel-in-distress and need Monster Trio + Jinbe to protect them.
Right, but it doesn't make sense as Haki. Not in look, not in actuaity. Consider the moments people say is just "shading" for Sanji, that's hi deflecting a giant blade with his leg? That makes sense as Haki.

What does Haki add to this scene? It's not even a small panel that can be debated, we can see all of it and how it differs from Haki's often metallic sheen. Heck, just looking at the colored image and the regular image shows us what we would expect if this were to be Haki, a counterargument provided by the scanner themselves.

By way of contrast:

You are a deeply stupid individual
No, you're just wrong

If it’s not haki, Oda can just simply drew Robin with normal skin tone
Oda just did some shading to show it was a "demon". It doesn’t need high IQ to understand that Robin simply cannot suddenly start using CoA of such a level to cover the entire body. Vergo did that, and he was a haki master and trained for many years. But Robin never even showed even a drop of haki. Plus, the haki are much darker.

as ı predicted ,
When SHs get upgrade , they made flashback .
Luffy so many times.
Zoro - dressrosa - black blade
Robin now.

Oda created many parallelization between Luffy and Zoro or this arc.
Usopp-Nami and Franky-Sasaki and Brook -Chopper showed same parallelization.
Brook - Chopper not real fight as a supporter they did great job.
Nami and Usopp as you know.
Sasaki and Franky has been tank against opponent. And just made one final move to beat their opponent.
According to the this path , if it is true ,
And the same way applying for Sanji and Robin.
I have theory also.
Sanji and Robin parallelization was created on Ennies Lobby conversation. like
save me robin - ı want to live.
when ı get mad , ı heat up - when somebody touch my friend ı become demon.
sanjis symbol diable is as same as Robin demon.
At the enies Lobby , Sanji become devil leg .
I guess after Sanji get one flashback and , he will say have ever met with devil . Iam the devil(may be he can make metaphor like hell-devil-king) who lived hell during two years . And new upgrade will come.

And , ı love robin vs black maria. cuz until so far , onigashima started 40 chapters ago almost. Just ı impressed zoro rooftop , luffy coc coating punch ( these are very consistent) . And finally , ı got one more good fight.

Till now , ı have seen all of time momo is crying baby. For the first time , he shows his will and will make sacrifice for his people. Still crying :) but finally , ı have seen braveheart momo.

i mentioned in the message you can be right and it is a lot of arms and legs together and it would explain why oda kept her in shadows because this is not haki. it could be funny when he shows later that the horns are just to arms pretending to be horns.

Sorry I didn't mean to be rude.

It is arms or whatever part of robin is, just look at this fresh panel. Actually Oda showed how this demon form is created. Just like everything Robin created with her fruit so far, a lot of limbs attached together in order to create something bigger.

No, you're just wrong

Oda just did some shading to show it was a "demon". It doesn’t need high IQ to understand that Robin simply cannot suddenly start using CoA of such a level to cover the entire body. Vergo did that, and he was a haki master and trained for many years. But Robin never even showed even a drop of haki. Plus, the haki are much darker.
I really hope you have good eyesight anyway. Look in the same page when Robin first using Demonio Fleur. Notice how her sprouted arms & legs are colorless in the small pages, but in the Grand Jacuzzi Clutch her limbs suddenly become black. If it’s not haki, Oda can simply make it colorless like he did in the same chapter when Robin used Sea Serpent before. Robin never showed any haki so far because it’s her trump card. She uses it in desperate times, that’s why it’s a one-shot skill. If you compare her to Vergo, it’s incredibly ignorant. Vergo stood using full-coated CoA in quite amount of time, but during recent chapter, Robin uses it not even in 5 minutes. Hope you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.