One Piece Episode 986 - Fighting Music! An Ability That Harms Luffy!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • 4/5

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • 3/5

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 2/5

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
Yeah I don't know, the animation, the build up is top-notch, but in the manga Kid basically sneak-blizts Apoo. Here in anime they just stand there starring at eachother for like 5 minutes, and the actual punch feels....slow.
That's speed blizts don't exist we didn't even see kid but his arm in the manga and don't know where he came from and kid was looking at Apoo for 5 minutes not Apoo lol and it was slow to make it more menacing

• That guy whose face looks like a compressed soda can should consider himself Luffy has the Hulk disease and is incapable of killing anyone.

• Never get tired of Apoo rapping his dialogue. The man is too underappreciated.

• Zoro flexed with his swords and it send a shockwave outside Onigashima:noo:

• Warning: Kaidos in flashback are not as big as they appear.
  • Kid could ask you for a cup of sugar and he would still wear that sinister smile on his face to make everything awkward.:suresure:

• Apoo's attacks hit particularly nasty in the anime. There is no line of sight and the impact happens almost immediately.
  • This is your future Pirate King and WSS? :pepapoo:Both completely useless before the BOOM CHIKA SCRATCH

• An entire minute of Kid building up his attack makes me feel somebody should have done something. Looked fantastic though.

• I'm sorry Apoo, but that big metal pimp hand was a long time coming.
A really nice treat of an episode. So much action in this one and practically everything from Luffy and Zoro owning fodder, Apoo's DJing and attacks, ending with Kid's ass clapping all looked amazing. The magnetic lightning from Kid's power and the environment getting ripped up was easily the highlight.

The OST I wasn't so hot on. Silence doesn't work too well in fight scenes and Apoo's choices were not befitting on a war starting. Hopefully that now Apoo's table got destroyed we get some proper battle music.

The filler/padding was a mixed bag. I loved seeing the Tobiroppo's individual locations when Queen mentioned them but halting the pace of the episode with entire minutes of Kaido scenes with Kid was unnecessary and should have been trimmed down. A strong start to the raid otherwise and next episode is looking hot too.
A prefect fucking breakdown better than jazz lol finally someone in the comments beside ganja gets it
I'm not talking about that lol. I'm talking about the impact of the fight. The manga is much more intense while anime have Apoo spamming attacks and Luffy and Zoro gets hit left and right and that's it.
Luffy and zoro wasn't on near death how it intense? Lol

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
A prefect fucking breakdown better than jazz lol finally someone in the comments beside ganja gets it

Luffy and zoro wasn't on near death how it intense? Lol
LOL what?

In the manga, Zoro was huffing after one slash across the chest. Meanwhile the anime, Zoro got one slash and be like: Tis' but a scratch. (No pun intended)

Same for Luffy, man got one explosion to the face and got out for almost the whole chapter while Luffy got knocked out once and wake up like 2 minutes later in the anime.

LOL what?

In the manga, Zoro was huffing after one slash across the chest. Meanwhile the anime, Zoro got one slash and be like: Tis' but a scratch. (No pun intended)

Same for Luffy, man got one explosion to the face and got out for almost the whole chapter while Luffy got knocked out once and wake up like 2 minutes later in the anime.
So? zoro was huffing towards gifters did they put him at near death? and second you just being a salty Luffy fan lmao

Only found weird the lack of OST in many moments, and more fodders to make It more crowded
which is ironic, because the whole episode is titled "Fighting MUSIC" and is supposed to focus on Apoo, yet sadly half of it was quiet without OST playing in the background.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, they struggled with Queen. Have to say though, this shot was unintentionally hilarious.
if this keeps up, we might actually end up with this later on

i don't know why everyone in this ep seemed to be short on breath, they pause every two words.
the way luffy handles gear 3 with such mastery.
i like how zoro can produce larger than onigashima shockwaves with nitoryou.
i appreciate the ZKK foreshadowing.
apoo and queen's conversation was a chore to witness.
apoo is annoying as hell, but i guess that's the point, his ability is a real menace.
queen looked like a caterpillar, it was kinda weird.
kid had some nice shots at the beginning, but punk gibson took too long to charge and lost the impact it had in the manga.

overall nice ep.