Should MonsterZoro be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh I doubt it's a tag team, maybe Sanji will give Zoro the boost from time to time, but the main damage finisher will be Zoro against King and Sanji against Queen.
This does open up for some hilarious comments between the 2 Duos tho :funky::king: :zosmug::sanjimeh:
Anyways It's been 6 hours since the spoilers out, have my fellow Zoro fans coped with the current match up yet? :zosleepy:
It's not really about strength but the manner in which it was done. It discards build-up and characters- if Oda wanted Zoro vs King, he should've given the build-up and King himself more attention. Why are they interested in each other? What do they have to offer each other as characters? What growth is King providing (strength-based or otherwise) to Zoro? Not just slapping two people who've never interacted before into a fight.

Zoro was desperate to get up for this? Zoro vs King was fine with building around it- Zoro vs King for the sake of Zoro vs King is bland, however.

The fight will likely be over without Asura's use in 15 minutes, but the issue is mostly narrative based not scaling based.

Though, on another note, Marco did call Zoro the star player- and the chapter is literally titled after that. Idk how any Sanji fan can use this chapter of all things to downplay or vouch equality and stuff given the literal name of chapter lol

But kid is the first one Hawkins needs several dolls for.
Adapting your hypothesis, I guess Hawkins needs more dolls for stronger people then him.
Why would you assume that it´s not about damage?
Hawkins literally prepared for this for when he fights Kid or Killer.
Why would he create only one and then lose his leverage?
The fact that Kid is more durable than Hawkins is a no-brainer, so an attack that might kill Hawkins would maybe only hurt Kid significantly. But having several dolls, he can stack the damage and still keep the leverage.

Zoro just recovered and is already saving Sanji from the 2 bullies, such a beautiful friendship, guys!

So, dunno how long Zoro and Sanji vs King and Queen will take, but a tag team is always welcome.

It has been stated much earlier in the series that Zoro keeps Luffy above everything, so much so that he's willing to die and thus, abandon his own ambition for him. He has literally said, "How can I protect my ambition when I can't even protect my captain?!".

At first, Luffy was a side quest to his main quest and who Luffy is as a person didn't really matter to him as far as morals go.

After that Zoro loses to Mihawk who tells him Luffy isn't a side quest to Zoro. He tells Zoro that he must in fact go see the world before he can hope to be ready and so Zoro has to make the choice to change the meaning of his dream to the man who will be the strongest swordsman in order to make Luffy king of the pirates. That was a very significant Luffy-Zoro moment.

Zoro now has to start caring about Luffy's adventure and who luffy is since he has to travel with luffy around the world to get the experience required to beat Mihawk. In fact, after this is when Zoro starts adopting some of the luffy mentalities and morals such as how he dealt with the Nami Ussop business in Arlong park.
Dying for your friends is different than dying for their ambition.
Protecting the crew at thriller barl fits perfectly with zoro's swordsmenship, "to protect what one wants to protect" zoro succeded in that. It was his swordsmanship that saved his crew.
Nothing post TS proves that zoro places luffy's ambition above his own, yes he trust luffy to achieve his dream but luffy too trusts zoro to do the same they were working together to achieve their dreams.
Also putting your life and ambition on the line to save a friend doesn't mean you place their ambition above yours, otherwise luffy considers robin and sanji's ambition more important than becoming the PK since he too sacrificed his life for them once.
Zoro swalowed his pride to ask mihawk to train him following luffy's decesion of taking a break and getting stronger for the new world, luffy too swallowed his pride and bowed two times to save his freinds the 1st at drum kingdom looking for a doctor for nami and the 2nd at amazon lily.
Life and ambition worth nothing when it comrs to saving a friend's life, that's why whitebeard pirates sacrificed hundreds of comrades just to save ace, it was never because of hierarchy, but rather friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.