Character Discussion Most overrated character on this forum in your opinion?

No Kid’s straight up overrated based on “he should be Luffy’s one and only true rival” therefore, “he must win or do x to prove it” delusion even though he’s never been shown like that. For the record, Oda is way more about trios than duos. This is not a Sasuke/Naruto situation. This is Oda.

Kid’s like a Sanji. Very strong, downplayed by certain fan base for the agenda, but ultimately given unrealistic expectations by most fans. I would call Kid underappreciated in what he actually does and overrated in hype. Same for Sanji, the work he puts in is great but many don’t appreciates it instead saying he should do more.
Nobody believes Kid is Luffy's one and only rival. I think the most common view is that Blackbeard parallels to Xebec and that Kid parallels to whitebeard or shiki.

The thing is, Kid is the only character apart from blackbeard, who is portrayed as a rival for Luffy. My argument is that there has to be a payoff for this build up. We know Kid had a grudge against shanks, which means he is guaranteed to play an antagonistic role in the future.

The difference between Zoro/Sanji and Kid/Luffy is that Zoro and Sanji legitimately aren't rivals. Zoro wants to be the WSSM, Sanji wants to find the all blue; their goals don't overlap, they don't have to compete, and sanji's goal isn't even related to strength. But Kid does want to be pirate king, he has the same drive that Luffy does; the only difference is that Kid isn't chosen by fate, he isn't as lucky.

Ultimately, I feel like it would be really shitty to not even give Kid one win. We're over 1000+ chapters into the story and he's just now getting his chance to shine. Yet he's supposedly going to be destroyed by big mom? Big Mom has to fall for the allies to win and even Luffy said that one of the goals of this raid is to beat big mom.

Even if all he does is simply knock big mom off onigashima, something he's already done before, Kid will beat her.
Post automatically merged:

If Kid really is overhyped, then I don't know why Oda keeps leading us on.

Why is he continuously portrayed as a rival of Luffy's? Even after Luffy got FS and ACoA they were still shown as rivals.
Even to this current chapter, you have Luffy vs Kaido in the making and Kid and Law vs Big Mom currently going on

And even with his portrayal on the rooftop, it still leads me to believe Oda is saving him for something. I mean you're going to tell me that Raizo is capable of injuring the yonko, but the rival of Luffy isn't?

Last edited:
Sanji fans make wildest claims that will never come true, or they always try riding coattails of Zoro and Luffy, i mean if those 2 can do something Sanji can too :lawsigh:, such nonsense is a regular here thats why for me Sanji, Katakuri and Law are the most overrated ultra hyped characters here on WG, the fans keep writing cheques they will never cash

Sanji fans make wildest claims that will never come true, or they always try riding coattails of Zoro and Luffy, i mean if those 2 can do something Sanji can too :lawsigh:, such nonsense is a regular here thats why for me Sanji, Katakuri and Law are the most overrated ultra hyped characters here on WG, the fans keep writing cheques they will never cash
Luffy > Zoro > Sanji. Doesn't mean that Sanji is weak or Sanji can't fight on par with them.

Katakuri is inbetween but lean more of underrated because people thinks he's the weakest YC1 while he's not.

Law is also underrated because people thinks he's weaker than Luffy, Kidd and Zoro while Law stated that him and Luffy are equals.

Luffy > Zoro > Sanji. Doesn't mean that Sanji is weak or Sanji can't fight on par with them.

Katakuri is inbetween but lean more of underrated because people thinks he's the weakest YC1 while he's not.

Law is also underrated because people thinks he's weaker than Luffy, Kidd and Zoro while Law stated that him and Luffy are equals.
Equals....Sorry mate theres 3 things that fuck up your argument there.

1-Law is a swordman, do you honestly think Oda would make an ally Swordman stronger than Zoro? Law cant even cut the yonkos...
2-Law got destroyed by Doffy, while G4 body bagged Doffy...
3-The tobbi roppo definely think they are up to the task of taking down the all starts and taking their place if they fight, thats why they went to find Yamato in the first place, that dosent mean thats actualy true, does it? Characters say a lot of stuff.

And yeah, Katakuri is trash, only thing he has going for him is FS and thats literaly it, take that away and even cracker wipes the floor with him.

1-Law is a swordman, do you honestly think Oda would make an ally Swordman stronger than Zoro? Law cant even cut the yonkos...
Law make an ally with Luffy cuz he needed strong ally to take down Kaido. Nothing wrong with being stronger than Luffy's underlings.
2-Law got destroyed by Doffy, while G4 body bagged Doffy...
Fair but Law nerfed Doffy as well.
3-The tobbi roppo definely think they are up to the task of taking down the all starts and taking their place if they fight, thats why they went to find Yamato in the first place, that dosent mean thats actualy true, does it?
Only WsW and Sasaki are confident enough to take the Calamities' spots. Guess what happens.....

And finding Yamato would be a perfect ticket to fight the Calamities. And it's not like they would do it solo.
And yeah, Katakuri is trash, only thing he has going for him is FS and thats literaly it, take that away and even cracker wipes the floor with him.
Awakening, strong CoA, etc.

That's like Luffy or Law or Marco is trash without their devil fruits. They still have other abilities to fight.

Ultimately, I feel like it would be really shitty to not even give Kid one win. We're over 1000+ chapters into the story and he's just now getting his chance to shine. Yet he's supposedly going to be destroyed by big mom? Big Mom has to fall for the allies to win and even Luffy said that one of the goals of this raid is to beat big mom.

Even if all he does is simply knock big mom off onigashima, something he's already done before, Kid will beat her.

Why is he continuously portrayed as a rival of Luffy's? Even after Luffy got FS and ACoA they were still shown as rivals.
Even to this current chapter, you have Luffy vs Kaido in the making and Kid and Law vs Big Mom currently going on

And even with his portrayal on the rooftop, it still leads me to believe Oda is saving him for something. I mean you're going to tell me that Raizo is capable of injuring the yonko, but the rival of Luffy isn't?
Oda keep holding back the numbers but you dont think they top tier don't you? Lol Don't really mean much

Thats why i asked if you read the threads here, you see this on a regular;

Luffy>=Sanji>Jinbe>Zoro
Sanji has advCoO
Sanji has advCoA
Sanji has advCoC
Sanji is the strongest but doesnt show it because it would take away from Luffy
Sanji is stronger than Marco
Sanji will fight Kaido 1 v 1
etc

Its stuff like this that catapult s Sanji to no.1 most wanked character here on WG, i mean with the nonsense Zoro fans say is also unreal but at least with them Oda pays it off.

Katauri feats put him behind Marco and depending on how bad Zoro beats King then Katakuri will also be behind King, people tend to wank up Katakuri soo much and try to pass him off as someone soo strong its becoming a joke, its like people thinking Vergo was something special when he just a fodder who go oneshot.

Law can talk himself up all he likes the fact is he was powerless vs Doffy and Luffy already by then proved he was at minimum a level above Luffy back in Dressrosa, and during Roof Piece Law has proven to be soo far behind its laughable by hey pretty soon someone will say something retarded about the Ope Ope no Mi and the thread will go for 30+pages all filled with nothing but nonsense

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

We got the countdown sh fights are wrapping up we reaching the climax
Law and lidd are heavily injured meme is untouched is laughing her ass off and just got 2 new power ups. They ain't doing shit to her.

We got the countdown sh fights are wrapping up we reaching the climax
Law and lidd are heavily injured meme is untouched is laughing her ass off and just got 2 new power ups. They ain't doing shit to her.
Oda pairs up the countdown with the fights from least to most important. Which is why you never see Zoro complete his fight before Usopp.

By this logic, the Kid fight should be the 2nd to last to complete, with only Luffy vs Kaido remaining.

Also, like I said, literally all they need to do to beat her is throw her off the island again.

HA001

Oda pairs up the countdown with the fights from least to most important. Which is why you never see Zoro complete his fight before Usopp.

By this logic, the Kid fight should be the 2nd to last to complete, with only Luffy vs Kaido remaining.

Also, like I said, literally all they need to do to beat her is throw her off the island again.
She ain't losing.

HA001

Luffy said the purpose of the raid wasn't just to beat kaido, but orochi and big mom as well...twice

If you have any real arguments as to why they can't even throw her off the island, I'd love to hear it. Its not like Big Mom hasn't taken an L like this 3 times before(tamatebako, king, and 1009)
She's not lost in an actual fight. Throwing her off is meaningless
Kidd and law can't hurt her
Kidd and law are ass
Kidd and law are heavily injured
Big mom is untouched
How many more do you want ?

Throwing her off is meaningless
But that is literally all I'm arguing. That they win by throwing her off and turning her into O-Lin again.

Kidd and law can't hurt her
Kidd and law are ass
Kidd and law are heavily injured
Big mom is untouched
How many more do you want ?
Dude Kid throwing big mom off onigashima isn't going to overshadow what zoro did against kaido, I don't know why you have to cope so hard against it. Big Mom, as a character, is constantly defeated by the plot. If fucking Queen was able to do it, its kinda ridiculous that we are doubting 2 of the top supernova.

HA001

But that is literally all I'm arguing. That they win by throwing her off and turning her into O-Lin again.

Dude Kid throwing big mom off onigashima isn't going to overshadow what zoro did against kaido, I don't know why you have to cope so hard against it. Big Mom, as a character, is constantly defeated by the plot. If fucking Queen was able to do it, its kinda ridiculous that we are doubting 2 of the top supernova.
YOU THINK I WANT HER FATASS IN A THIRD STRAIGHT ARC ! I'd rather tama solos her than that. But it's obvious. She going elbaf

she's going to elbaf as O-Lin. Oda basically said that one piece post wano is going to be the endgame. Blackbeard will more than likely be the villain of elbaf

If Big Mom gets turned back into O-Lin, blackbeard could theoretically capture her and turn her over to the giants of elbaf in exchange for an alliance. This would give him the strongest army in the world, which is the perfect set up for him, as he is supposed to be Luffy's greatest rival.