Current Events What is happening with Sanji’s body? And are his powers related to King’s Race?

I see a lot of people saying sanji exoskeleton has awakened which i don't agree with sanji already has the raid suit for defensive purposes. Why would he need more? It's either him judge used lunarian genes on sanji or Sora sanji's mother was actually lunarian. I think it would be fitting that sanji gets his power from his mother. His body feeling weird indicates he gonna go through some change eager to find out what.
He needs the exoskeleton to boost his AP, because that combined with tekkai, DJ and his "not so strong" CoA will make his kicks more devastating and closer to Zoro's slashes

Definitely has something to do with the manipulated Lineage Factor in my book. We know the RS is tied to his DNA and that's why only he can use it, as noted by Luffy and Chopper. So when he puts the RS on, it's connected to his DNA and that's probably how it affects his genes. I'm guessing the third use of the RS will cause the transformation to be complete and give him eveything he was supposed to be born with : exoskeleton, accelerated healing, super strength, enhanced speed and maybe even black hair.

As for the whole fire thing, we know it's not something natural at the very least, as established by Queen's statement. Oda is telling us no human can just burst into flames for no particular reason, period. There are a lot of possibilites but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of a connection to Lunarian people like some people did, I think it would actually make a lot of sense.

I mean sure, Queen's sentence sounds like he was just introducing the name of King's race, but I find King's reaction to be really intriguing. If he was only reacting to Queen referring to his race, why did it catch his attention to the point where even Zoro had to make him focus on their duel ? To me, it really seemed like King was suspiciously intrigued by Sanji's ability, rather than just reacting to Queen mentioning his race. Besides, there was no need to use Sanji's DJ as an excuse to reveal King's race, Marco or anybody else could have brought that up. I was really under the impression Oda was just creating a connection to justify something that will be revealed later. And that thing would be Sanji having Lunarian DNA. It would give a whole new meaning to King's reaction, who might have realized he's not truly the last individual of his extinguished race (although I'm not sure whether it's been eastablished King is officially the only survivor).

Yes, it could be argued that there would be no reason for Judge to only give Lunarian DNA to Sanji, but let's not forget the special power he was supposed to be born with was invisibilty, which is a passive ability. The other siblings have a destructive power they can use to destroy everyone and everything around them. So it can be speculated Lunarian DNA was only given to Sanji so he could have an active power to use in combat. Maybe Judge didn't even have enough DNA for all of them and had to use it for only one child.

Another possbility is of course that Sora is a Lunarian herself but that would be harder to justify. She had no Lunarian attribute as far as we know, no flames and no wings. And why would Sanji be the only one to receive her Lunarian genes ? Makes no sense. Although her name meaning "sky" in japanese is an interesting fact, since the term "Lunarian" is reference to the Moon.

Curious about it being “since the second time.” That would be… two odd weeks ago at the bathhouse that Sanji has been feeling odd?

The difference between the second time and the first time with Page One, that I can remember is that Sanji had a nosebleed. Could his blood have activated something in the RS that in turn has effected his body?

I think it's more likely that Sanji didn't take off his RS after his fight with Page One, and thus his use of the RS in the bathhouse still counts as first time use. The second time would be when he saved Momo and faced King.

Speaking of which, we could speculate that Sanji surviving King's attack had something to do with his super genes starting to kick in. I mean he didn't expect to survive the attack despite being already aware of the durability boost offered by the RS. If that's when he started feeling weird then maybe his exoskeleton partially awakened.

I think it's more likely that Sanji didn't take off his RS after his fight with Page One, and thus his use of the RS in the bathhouse still counts as first time use. The second time would be when he saved Momo and faced King.

I’ve looked back and we see Sanji after the Page One fight and before the bathtub here

So either there’s something weird that happened to him in the bathhouse or, like some others have suggested, Oda forgot about the second time.

Or maybe he means second time using the RS in battle

I’ve looked back and we see Sanji after the Page One fight and before the bathtub here

So either there’s something weird that happened to him in the bathhouse or, like some others have suggested, Oda forgot about the second time.

Or maybe he means second time using the RS in battle
Ah, I stand corrected. Maybe Sanji likes to pretend the bathhouse thing never happened because he's ashamed of being a pervert. :milaugh:But yes, the more likely answer is that Oda forgot about it because it wasn't battle related.

The second time Sanji used the RS was when he went to the bathhouse.

The most notable thing that happened to Sanji that time was him accidently receiving Nami's happiness punch and unlocking that pink/purple Aura/Haki thing.

I guess the combination of him wearing the RS and seeing Nami naked unlocked some kind of power in him which is hilarious and such an Oda thing to do. I always knew Nami was a PU for Sanji going far back to Punk Hazard when he became faster as he fondled her breasts when he was inside her body.

This is gonna sound stupid to some of y'all but I think I know what is happening to Sanji:catsweat:
This thought struck my mind when I was watching yuderon's speculation video on Chapter 1023 and keyword here for me was "Thriller Back & Wano Country are like two sides of the same coin". Thriller Back and Wano being similar is sumin that a lot of us in the western community have speculated on as well but anywho! I think Oda has cunningly mislead us into thinking that the RS is the source of Sanji feeling weird :milaugh:
For me personally ever since the last chapter that possibility didn't really make any sense to me but let's revisit what Sanji said "Ever since I wore the RS the second time, my body has felt weird"
This is so fcking obvious now that I think about it but for some reason, some of us have either assumed that Sanji was referring to when he saved Momo the as the second time or just completely ignoring that bath scene but think back to Thriller Back, when Zoro made the comment about Sanji "almost transforming into something" it was the thought of Abasalom seeing Nami's naked body that stimulated him:milaugh:and that was the one time we say Sanji combust that much even to the point of almost transforming in the series. The key word here being "stimulation". The second time Sanji wore the raid suit was when he was in the bath house and his body also experience extreme "stimulation" once again from seeing Nami's naked body so that was most likely what caused the change in
Sanji's body 🤣
Remember Sanji's fire abilities are directly linked to his emotions ^^.

Also the fact that him and his brothers have very high lust level in comparison to regular people might have also played some sorta part in this being such a massive stimulant for him.

Some tags:
@Zoro D Goat @RayanOO @Hiragaro @Jackteo @Zoro D Goat @Yasheen @playa4321 @Bango🍅
Post automatically merged:

Also just confirmed and the word Zoro used when referring to Sanji in that scene was "stimulation"
Quote: "Don't stimulate him any further, it feels like he's gonna transform into something":steef:

Last edited:
Dormant gene: Such an unused gene may remain in the genome for many generations. As long as the gene remains intact, a fault in the genetic control suppressing the gene can lead to it being expressed again. Sometimes, the expression of dormant genes can be induced by artificial stimulation.