Rules Kingdom General Discussion

the battles aren't and are not meant to be a physical battle. Instead, they are a contest of wills. The fights are simply the method used to showcase that. In a contest like this, the people who are most scared because they feel like they have something to lose instead of something to protect, will always end up being defeated, regardless of whether they are physically stronger or have more experience.

You can call it Plot, Moving the plot Forward, Plot Convenience, Power of Friendship, Asspull, etc... and you wouldn't be wrong, in fact, you'd be 100% correct, the author even has a name for it: Miracles. But then, you'd be missing the entire point of the message the author is trying to tell, along with all the subtlety that are found in it.

ch.53 to ch.63 (Miracle = willpower to continue attempting to defy unbeatable odds)

General Gokei is no different from Shin when he learned about Hyou's death. They both witnessed something important to them be destroyed/killed, that injustice spurred them on and gave them the willpower to fight against the odds and achieve what they have up until now.

Where there is a stark contrast between them, is their true motivation in battle. Gokei is still driven by revenge in battle, where as Shin is driven by the desire to succeed. When Gokei was first introduced, it seemed as if the desire to protect his newfound homepand of Wei was what gave him strength, but during the fight against Duke Hyou, we find out that is not the case. That small distinction is extremely important, and the reason for him ultimately failing.

ch.52 to ch.72 & ch.104 (The real reason why General Gokei lost to Duke Hyou)

ch.64 & ch.104 (There's a difference between courage and recklessness)

ch.66 (Lmaoo Shin is such a fucking idiot. But, he's always learning new valuable lessons about the battlefield and what it means to be a general. He's come to realize through Ouki, why it's almost never a battle of numbers when generals are involved, but a battle of two types of generals, strategy vs instinct)

ch.67 to ch.72 (True instincts will always have the advantage against strategy, because someone truly instinctual can always stumble upon a strategy that works, while a strategist will find it hard to truly act instinctively when their strategy doesn't work. A Great General is one who is a master of both)

ch.74 (END OF WEI WAR ARC)
Post automatically merged:

ch.76 to ch.80 (We finally learn some of the reason why Sei was so polished physically before moving to the Qin royal palace)

ch.81 (Due to the circumstances of his birth, Sei had life experiences that shaped him as a warrior, experiences that are unthinkable for a royalty, he is a unique king, one similar to the demon god Sho, and he'll surely be able to become a king as great as him)

ch.49 & ch.82 (I think his younger brother looked more into Sei's past, beyond just thinking of him as having a commoner "whore" for a mother, and understood that this experience is what made Sei an unrivaled fearsome king candidate, and thus decided to join the army as a commoner himself, all in the space of 3 months after his plans were utterly crushed)

ch.83 to ch.84 (Hmm, the fuck? wasn't expecting that. I guess I was wrong about Kyoukai being the king's younger brother!? He seems to be from a lineage of legendary assassins, one's with the current goal of targeting the king? But he seems to have somewhat turned defector and giving Shin a heads-up on what's going to happens!? The mystery keeps growing)

ch.85 to ch.92 (Okay, its confirmed that I was extremely wrong about Kyoukai being Sei's younger brother, but Kyokai is a superhuman!? And a girl at that too? God damn, the mysteries just keep pilling on)

ch.93 (Shin:"your bullshitting me, how could I not notice?" Because your unbelievably thick.. lmaoo. Ryo Ten noticed because she's also pretending to be a boy, Sei could tell because he knows the history of Shiyuu)

ch.94 & ch.100 (Could the female Mountain king be descendants of the Shiyuu? That's my next attempted prediction)

ch.94 to ch.96 (Kyo Ten and Kyoukai, the two of them are extremely different, walking different paths, but yet have somewhat similar goals and aspirations)

ch. 96 (Shin the idiot is taking onboard the lessons he learned from Ouki very well)

ch.97 to ch.99 (Jesus Fucking Christ!! Chancellor Ryo and his faction, Moubu's desire to revive the system of the Six Great Generals of Qin, created by the Demon God, King Sho. SHIT HAS BEEN GOING DOWN AND IT AIN'T STOPPING, God Damn!!!!)

ch.100 to ch.103 (Ka Ryo Ten, the strategist in training, at Chancellor Ryo's faction no less. Great to see her pursuing a position on the battlefield suited to her, but god damn, seems like it'll be another complex situation)

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
ch.97 to ch.99 (Jesus Fucking Christ!! Chancellor Ryo and his faction, Moubu's desire to revive the system of the Six Great Generals of Qin, created by the Demon God, King Sho. SHIT HAS BEEN GOING DOWN AND IT AIN'T STOPPING, God Damn!!!!)
Ryo Fui's faction is one of the most interesting groups in the manga. Ryofui, Shouheikun, and Moubu are some of the best characters in the series.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

IMO:

Red=Kouen.

Yellow= Another Chu Great General.

Black=Kouen's Vassals.
Yellow looks like Kouretsu bro lol.

I’ve seen others postulate that Red is Kou En lol. That could very well be him. For some reason, I think he looks like an older Kou Yoku there, maybe my brain is just playing tricks on me, idk. Something about his facial structure.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Yellow looks like Kouretsu bro lol.
I forget about him lol. For some reason, I thought he had a scar on his face in this image. And dude looks beastly af in this picture wtf.

I’ve seen others postulate that Red is Kou En lol. That could very well be him. For some reason, I think he looks like an older Kou Yoku there, maybe my brain is just playing tricks on me, idk. Something about his facial structure.
Kouen and Kouyoku are probably part of the same family, I don't they're direct relatives though.
Which is interesting, because in rl, Kouen's children were very important post unfiication.

Honestly, if it is him, I'm happy. Kouen looks like a beast onpar with Renpa and Ouki that picture. I want to see what the rest of his armor looks like. Hope it's unique looking like Ousen's.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
And dude looks beastly af in this picture wtf.
For a King, Kouretsu was a beast lol. He crushed a handful of walnuts, he ruled over his court with an iron fist including Shunshinkun who was basically the most powerful man in China during Kouretsu’s reign, he spoke to Renpa without fear and seemed to have Renpa’s respect, etc. Kouretsu was not a man to be fucked with lol.

Honestly, if it is him, I'm happy. Kouen looks like a beast onpar with Renpa and Ouki that picture. I want to see what the rest of his armor looks like. Hope it's unique looking like Ousen's.
He kind of looks like a Tiger to me there lol. Appropriate. He looks like he’s going to be highly knowledgeable and experienced at warfare while also being a frontline warrior given his battle armor.

If that is Kou En I’d be fine with it, though I do find his armor a tad disappointing lol. His helmet just looks lame to me.

I actually love Ko Chou’s design. I think he looks awesome for a Great General design. He looks exactly like what he was hyped to be: a demigod Zhao commander who is old and has seen some shit lol. Still no idea how Hara is going to make Ko Chou’s defeat satisfying.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
For a King, Kouretsu was a beast lol. He crushed a handful of walnuts, he ruled over his court with an iron fist including Shunshinkun who was basically the most powerful man in China during Kouretsu’s reign, he spoke to Renpa without fear and seemed to have Renpa’s respect, etc. Kouretsu was not a man to be fucked with lol.
Yeah he was an interesting character. On my first read, I thought he'd act as the final antagonist for Qin lol.

He kind of looks like a Tiger to me there lol. Appropriate.
"Tiger of Chu". Instinctual General. Calling it.

He looks like he’s going to be highly knowledgeable and experienced at warfare while also being a frontline warrior given his battle armor.
He's probably going to be an expert in all sorts of combat: Dueling, taking advantage of the environment, elephants, mountain tribe combat etc.

If that is Kou En I’d be fine with it, though I do find his armor a tad disappointing lol. His helmet just looks lame to me.
Hara will probably change it a little bit.

I actually love Ko Chou’s design. I think he looks awesome for a Great General design. He looks exactly like what he was hyped to be: a demigod Zhao commander who is old and has seen some shit lol. Still no idea how Hara is going to make Ko Chou’s defeat satisfying.
Kochou's design is ok. I like the piercings, but he kind of looks like a fodder general lol. I'm pretty sure his defeat is going to be handled well though.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
"Tiger of Chu". Instinctual General. Calling it.
Meh, the concept of instinctual vs strategic type is beneath Kou En lol. After we got Renpa and Riboku, who themselves were both strategic and instinctual types at the same time, Kou En won’t be purely instinctual I don’t think, he’ll be both.

but he kind of looks like a fodder general
Harcdcore disagree there lol.

Compare competent Generals like Rokuomi or Kouson Ryuu to Kochou, and imo his design hypes how monstrous he is going to hopefully be. I mean, if you have Gakuhaku Kou as a subordinate, you’re a straight up freak lol.

The first time I saw Kochou, I felt like I was looking at a General from another realm lmfao. His design rivals even Ouki’s for me in terms of badassery.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Meh, the concept of instinctual vs strategic type is beneath Kou En lol. After we got Renpa and Riboku, who themselves were both strategic and instinctual types at the same time, Kou En won’t be purely instinctual I don’t think, he’ll be both.
Yeah, he'll probably be hybrid. My headcanon is that he killed Shibasaku(who I believe was the only instinctual general of the original 6GGs), in a battle of instinct, then he'll lose to Shin(the only instinctual general of the new 6GGs).

He's definitely going to be a front line fighter tho, he ain't no Reiou or Riboku(riboku is strong tho).

Compare competent Generals like Rokuomi or Kouson Ryuu to Kochou, and imo his design hypes how monstrous he is going to hopefully be. I mean, if you have Gakuhaku Kou as a subordinate, you’re a straight up freak lol.
I'm actually really curious to see what the relationship between Kochou and Gakahaku Kou is lol.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
He's definitely going to be a front line fighter tho, he ain't no Reiou or Riboku(riboku is strong tho).
If at one point Kanmei served as your vassal, I’m going to go out on a limb and assume you yourself are a monstrous warrior. Lol

I'm actually really curious to see what the relationship between Kochou and Gakahaku Kou is lol.
What do you think of Ko Chou so far in terms of how he stacks up to other Great Generals? I’ve been saying it for months, but I think Ko Chou has definitively proven that he is a Great Heaven level General. This guy held a defensive line against Ousen, Yo Tan Wa, Kanki, Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten for a freaking year. Lol

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
What do you think of Ko Chou so far in terms of how he stacks up to other Great Generals? I’ve been saying it for months, but I think Ko Chou has definitively proven that he is a Great Heaven level General. This guy held a defensive line against Ousen, Yo Tan Wa, Kanki, Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten for a freaking year. Lol
He would lose to any of the Current Qin 6 or Zhao 3 Heavens in a war, but he's probably on their general level. He's smart, and also probably strong. I'm still waiting to see what his final subordinate general will do. His feat against Ousen, YTW, Kanki and the M3 is impressive.

Dumpling Sama really impressed me, especially considering he's going up against the dude who slayed Houken(obviously Shin isn't stronger than Houken, but it's still notable).

Ryuu Haku Kou and his son seem to be fodder.

I would love if Riboku, Kochou and Shibasou formed another version of the Zhao 3 Heavens. Don't think it will happen tho.

If at one point Kanmei served as your vassal, I’m going to go out on a limb and assume you yourself are a monstrous warrior. Lol
lmao yeah. Idk why, but I think Kouen's either a glaive fighter or axe fighter. He's also probably going to have a shit ton of weight.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
He would lose to any of the Current Qin 6 or Zhao 3 Heavens in a war
Keep in mind, Ousen, Ouhon, Shin, and Mouten defeated Riboku (and Houken) in an army vs army war, but could not defeat Ko Chou for a year straight even with Yo Tan Wa and Kanki helping them, until they were made into the Qin 6 and given freedom to wage war that they did not need against Riboku. And even then, the Ousen army still has no idea how they are going to defeat Kochou and are basically banking on Kanki to pull out his signature brilliance to perform a miracle and defeat Kochou.

Army vs Army bro...Idk lol. Kochou is up there.

lmao yeah. Idk why, but I think Kouen's either a glaive fighter or axe fighter. He's also probably going to have a shit ton of weight.
Glaive. The Glaive is the weapon of the epic in Kingdom. Lol