News One Piece: Vivre Card (Data book)-Discussion Thread

Back then he used to think Mihawk > Shanks so he was wearing those cross symbols, but then he met Shanks on the way to Marineford.

That's how King figured out that being just a Swordsman was holding him back :endthis:
If that's true then all that does is show us King's limitation to being a swordsman. If he had a black blade, which can't break, and knows the Pinnacle swordsmanship, the power to cut what the user wishes to cut, then there would be nothing holding him back.

In king vivre,
literal meaning of '筆頭' is edge of writing brush.
It usually means person that people think of at first.
leader is someone who leads certain group.
Vivre card just says King is the most important person among them, not a leader.
But It still implies King is ranked first.
What the fuck are you talking about ?

筆頭 hittõ

means the head of a family or its leader or its patriarch.

In king vivre,
literal meaning of '筆頭' is edge of writing brush.
It usually means person that people think of at first.
leader is someone who leads certain group.
Vivre card just says King is the most important person among them, not a leader.
But It still implies King is ranked first.
What the fuck are you talking about ?

筆頭 hittõ

means the head of a family or its leader or its patriarch.
I didn't see Puck's translation in this thread, so I'll be adding it here.

‘Top of the All Stars’.
Can see why it was translated as leader but the above is more accurate. Meaning of the word is akin to ‘First name on the list’.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Fanboys really think even tho VC make mistakes
Would really call King "leader of alla stars and RH" when he was never shown leading Calamities nor being called the only RH of Kaido
Even the Sanji fan translation literally says he outranks that other Calamities which clearly means he officially holds highest authority after Kaido.

Katakuri merely getting introduced separately means he's special, but King officially having highest rank doesn't mean anything.:milaugh:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Yes it does.
"King is No 1. amongst the [Ookanban/All Stars], the highest executives in the beast pirates. In other words, he's the second most capable beast pirate after Kaido..."
Fair enough.

I wanted you to clarify this because we usually use terms like "highest" and "top" to indicate hierarchical order. When you talk about the Marine ranks, for example, the manga refers to the admirals as the highest-ranking officers, after the FA of course, while they outright call them the strongest military force when talking about their strength.

I don't see why you'd call someone "number 1" or "highest" to imply he is the strongest when you can outright call him the strongest. Not to say, you can't say "someone is at the top of a group" to say he is the strongest but that's some obscure way to say it. Because calling someone top could mean both the strongest as well as the highest ranking.

If the context makes it clear that the statement refers to strength, then sure it just means King is the strongest. If it isn't explicitly about strength and just calls him "the top of the All-Starts," then we have little reason to believe it doesn't refer to their ranks given the whole King > Queen > Jack theme.

Fair enough.

I wanted you to clarify this because we usually use terms like "highest" and "top" to indicate hierarchical order. When you talk about the Marine ranks, for example, the manga refers to the admirals as the highest-ranking officers, after the FA of course, while they outright call them the strongest military force when talking about their strength.

I don't see why you'd call someone "number 1" or "highest" to imply he is the strongest when you can outright call him the strongest. Not to say, you can't say "someone is at the top of a group" to say he is the strongest but that's some obscure way to say it. Because calling someone top could mean both the strongest as well as the highest ranking.

If the context makes it clear that the statement refers to strength, then sure it just means King is the strongest. If it isn't explicitly about strength and just calls him "the top of the All-Starts," then we have little reason to believe it doesn't refer to their ranks given the whole King > Queen > Jack theme.
King, Queen and Jack all have the same rank in the Beast Pirates which is "Ookanban/All Star" (i.e. the highest executive position in the beast pirates). King doesn't have separate superior rank to the other two.