Chapter Discussion Murata’s Decision To Rewrite Existing Chapters-The Dumbest Decision In Mangaka History?

Do the Rewrites Bother You

• Total voters

Zolo

Cope Doctor
Muratas version is Shit anyways.... Blast is allready revealed, not interesting, God is allready revealed as a real thing and not just epic mytho (thats coolest part about webcomic for me) . the prolonged and too much dragged arc this time around is so not interesting I skip pages.... Tatsumakis feats are crazy, black sperms are not, even though he should of been one of strongest monsters.... Its just badly written IMO... I dont care if ONE himself helps to write it its shit to me.... But fans over reddit wont admit it becouse fubuki ant tatsumaki are more sexy there...

And here we go again for a long streak of redraws.
Dude is going back to chapters from 2 years ago, what's the point? This is ridiculous and annoying, just move on ffs
Does he plan on redrawing the 30 chapters that are ahead?
Unbelievable

I agree, it is a really weird choice, as a reader I jave to wait weeks/minths to get an old chapter redrawn to some extent... It is not worth the wait and it also distracts from the story with the result you end up confused about the actual time line and ultimately don't care anymore about what is going on. From the mangaka point of view the only reason I can see him do this, other than he liking this kind of stuff, is if this brings him money. If he just has tobdo some redraws or anyway chapters with a good portion of already done old panels and people buy it then why not, minimal effort and best result. Still as a reader I find it irritating.

I red it online first and since it was so good I decided to buy the books just to do my part, support the artists and re-read it. Everything was alright, some mistranslations here and there ruining the spirit of a few jokes but nothing too bad and then came the Child emperor vs Phoenix fight rewriting and everything changed for the worse. I almost feel betrayed. If i understand correctly it's to introduce some plot later about hero association and what not that comes later in ONE's original piece but man does it feels weak, forced and out of place. The original fight had stakes, wits, and Child emperor actually deserved to win, even Phoenix the whole point of this enemy is his costume gives him the power to resurrect and becomes more and more powerful until C.E thinks outside the box and makes him rip his costume apart himself in a desperate but calculated move. It was good, it was to the point and it didn't need Saitama to be involved in it too which is good since he's supposed to be like a trump card, alone and unpredictable. And don't get me started on that "Psychic mascot link" bullshit pulled out of i don't know who's ass.

And then he changes the scene where sweet mask massacres the mercenaries which i found was a good scene because it showed how psychopathic, selfish and arbitrary he was and that he completely misunderstood what being a hero is and that it doesn't matter how "perfect" he is that doesn't make him a good person. To be fair it does imply that he was about to kill them but it's not as impactful as him ACTUALLY doing it and feels like lesser story telling.

Anyway i had to rant about it somewhere and this looked like a good place. It's minor details and don't impact the whole story that much but i feel dumb for buying something that feels like a weaker version of what was originally created. And that makes me anxious for the future of the series.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
Its horrible after Boros... absolutely everything I loved about OPM has been ruined.... Murata is horrible, fanservice all you want it wont improve things that been ruined