Is TACy a she or a he?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you going to tell a JAPANESE how he/she should understand his/her own language?

Some of you are more dumber than I thought...
Huh? Its not about understanding language. She is a female running around talking abouy she is Oden. Oden could of been a freakng bear, she would still say she was that. Yamato is put with all the female characters in all promotional things. She is not like Okiku. Stop the BS cause people got proven wrong. Arthur and Redon got accept facts

honestly its very simple. you can disagree with lance as much as you want, but just dont change his summary to fit your agenda. even if youre agenda is right, just let him be. he not hurting anyone but doing it.

and if you really want to ruin the fun for all of us, by not admitting you are being an ass, then idk man but youre acting like a fatherless child

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Him being japanese changes the fact that the VA literally didnt use gendered pronouns? Because he is japanese things mean whatever he wants them to mean? Every other person that I saw translating it insisted that she didnt use them so he shouldnt as well since he clearly can speak english and most definitely knows about the shenanigans surronding it
boku is a male pronoun. and the VA still refers to yamato as kaido's "musuko" which is again used to refer males.

It is a lil weird for me when i see a few chapter spoilers always mention Yamato as a he tho, i previously thought that Oda made that gender play by calling her as a him, etc. Just a lil confused by her gender identity due to the spoiler but i don't think we should be calling names about it. Its just a comic book btw...

If it turns out kaido only calls her son cause he wants a son and he's forcing it I'm gonna laugh my ass off
Imo, that is what is happening. Or Yamato trying to be a "masculine" samurai. But the thing is that Redon, a Spanish leaker who translates from Japanese to Spanish to English, is likely basing Yamato's gender on the pure fact of how the story presents it. Not supplemental information.

Yamato still uses male pronouns. Luffy still calls Yamato, Yamao. Kaido still refers to Yamato as "son". Whether or not things change or end up changing is up to Oda, but the story has it laid out this way currently.

And yes, even the story has contradictions, because Yamato's intro box had it has "Daughter". And the flashback had referred to Yamato as Ogre Princess, at the same time when Yamato was using male pronouns.

To me, like many of you, this sounds like role-playing for Oden and the Samurai. There is text that supports that. But others may not interpret it that way, including the main provider. And that's fine. No point in arguing or altering his summary because of it. It virtually does not matter. Nobody's eyes will be offended reading "he" where they think "she" should go

Him being japanese changes the fact that the VA literally didnt use gendered pronouns? Because he is japanese things mean whatever he wants them to mean? Every other person that I saw translating it insisted that she didnt use them so he shouldnt as well since he clearly can speak english and most definitely knows about the shenanigans surronding it
You've just fucked yourself :mihugh::luuh:

Status
Not open for further replies.