General & Others Introducing Toki made absolutely no sense

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
True, Toki is retard woman who willfully gave-up on her dream (and her parents wish) to become Oden's bride even when Oden himself told her she should just to go to the future and sentence her daughter to life of shame as Orochi's prostitute
Even for Oda standards Toki is the worst female character he ever create :whitepress:

Toki who was born in the void century but was reduced down to an Oden baby making machine. She served absolutely no point in the story and it’s obvious Oda has no clue where all this is headed. Complete and utter filler character that was just used as fake hype.
She is tied to the void century so it might be premature to say that, we dont know what prompted her to time travel, what she has done through her jumps and I dont think we ever learned her original mission

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The way Oda mishandled Toki really disappointed the shit out of me as well…we get to meet an actual living person from the Void Century who has the power to leap AND send others through time, in the arc where the central mysteries of the series have come much closer to the forefront than ever before, and not only is she killed to advance several male characters’ stories, we have yet to get any indication that her own backstory is forthcoming. Still holding out hope that she DIDN’T actually die (which would still be a cop out at this point) and can be fleshed out more before this arc is over, but I’m not holding my breath while I wait :emohiyo:

The way Oda mishandled Toki really disappointed the shit out of me as well…we get to meet an actual living person from the Void Century who has the power to leap AND send others through time, in the arc where the central mysteries of the series have come much closer to the forefront than ever before, and not only is she killed to advance several male characters’ stories, we have yet to get any indication that her own backstory is forthcoming. Still holding out hope that she DIDN’T actually die (which would still be a cop out at this point) and can be fleshed out more before this arc is over, but I’m not holding my breath while I wait :emohiyo:
Its pretty much obvious we will see her at least during the Void Century flashback. But we might see her even earlier..

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
The main reason Toki existed was to send the Scabbards into the future, while also planting more mysteries surrounding the lost history. She was the one who urged Oden to continue his adventure with Roger, like she knew the significance of it beyond some hunt for treasure.

But I can't lie that her inclusion was pretty weak. She needed a bit more development and purpose beyond just Oden's wife.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Its pretty much obvious we will see her at least during the Void Century flashback. But we might see her even earlier..
You say that as if she isn’t already the perfect conduit to a VC flashback…like, the sheer fact of her introduction in the canon is the ideal setup for that kind of thing, and yet, we’re all sitting on our hands without one.

She served properly for the plot I guess assuming Oda necessarily had to portray it this way. The thing about the time travel was evitable and I admit it feels a bit too broken but hey, characters can literally become magma and lightning in this series.

I still don't think that she die in the flashback. Until I see her dead body, she's still alive.:kayneshrug:But Toki is better than crybaby Momo at least.
Heh it would be bad writing if she returned if anything since she is supposed to have served enough for the plot and she looks so much like dying. Having to rely on such a powerful Shinobu is very telling imo.

She is tied to the void century so it might be premature to say that, we dont know what prompted her to time travel, what she has done through her jumps and I dont think we ever learned her original mission
premature? It’s been 3+ years and over 110 chapters since she has been introduced. Y’all don’t know what premature means. Just talking out your ass.
Post automatically merged:

She could be the one who healed the Scabbards,or more probably,she will appear in the definitive flashback of the ancient reign,towards the end of the story,and we will see the reason why she did travel in the future.
yea let’s wait another 10 years before actually telling Toki story. Yep that makes so much sense.
Post automatically merged:

I'm pretty sure that her being from the Void Century will play a role in the future. Let's see. Dropping a plot point for something that won't come to fruition much later is something Oda frequently does.
“Play a role in the future”? Define future dude. It’s been three years and over 110 chapters since she has been introduced.

Was jinbei born in the void century and was Jinbei reduced down to just a baby making machine and then completely shafted?
Jinbei was mentioned as Shichubukai in chapter 69 and reduced to being non-existent for 459 chapters. Point is, it can definitely have a role in the future. It's idiotic to judge it just now considering how much Oda does this. 'completely shafted' That's like saying Jinbei was completely shafted but in reality, the wait just made his entrance that much more hype. The wait is what primarily builds in the hype. Would the community be in such awe as it was if the Yonko's bounties were given to us along with their intro in Water 7 instead of 100s of chapters later? No, the wait for it is what actually made it hype. So yeah, it's pretty idiotic imo to judge just yet that she was just turned into an 'Oden baby-making machine'.

Jinbei was mentioned as Shichubukai in chapter 69 and reduced to being non-existent for 459 chapters. Point is, it can definitely have a role in the future. It's idiotic to judge it just now considering how much Oda does this. 'completely shafted' That's like saying Jinbei was completely shafted but in reality, the wait just made his entrance that much more hype. The wait is what primarily builds in the hype. Would the community be in such awe as it was if the Yonko's bounties were given to us along with their intro in Water 7 instead of 100s of chapters later? No, the wait for it is what actually made it hype. So yeah, it's pretty idiotic imo to judge just yet that she was just turned into an 'Oden baby-making machine'.
Lmfao!! Dude just stop it. Do you know what context means? You can't compare chapter 69 to chapter 1000! Oda was still planning setting things up in the beginning. We are now 25 years into One Piece and Oda is still writing as if this is chapter 1.

Lmfao!! Dude just stop it. Do you know what context means? You can't compare chapter 69 to chapter 1000! Oda was still planning setting things up in the beginning. We are now 25 years into One Piece and Oda is still writing as if this is chapter 1.
?? The context here doesn't change shit here. Just because we're far into the story, Oda has to reveal things as soon as he drops hints about it, regardless of if it's the time to? That's a really bs take imo. Just because you're impatient and don't wanna wait to see things happen, doesn't mean everyone is, lol. Waiting to tell at the 'right' moment is one thing that I actually like about Oda. And the right moment probably isn't here yet according to him.