Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao Morj think he spitting like the Raid Failing Theory is some biblical work of Shakespeare
I really like Morj, but I think he and a lot of guys here vastly overestimate Oda (to be more precise: the complexity of OP).

It's a standard shonen manga, nothing more.

Oda is applying the same old arc structure he has used for 20+ years here:

1. Arrive at the new island.
2. Split up, have some short adventures, meet the locals and learn about the problems on the island.
3. Face the enemies for the first time and suffer some kind of "defeat".
4. Flashback about some local hero.
5. Rebound and regroup, preparing to go for the final battle.
6. Some big overlaying threat that threatens to kill the entire island is introduced (nuke in Alabasta, Advent of Thunder in Skypiea, Buster Call in EL, Shinokuni in PH, Birdcage in DR, Onigashima dropping down in Wano etc.)
7. Final fights are being set up.
8. SH crew beats their opponents.
9. Luffy beats the main villain in a long fight, island-wide threat is banned in the last second.
10. Everyone regenerates, then they celebrate and leave the island.

It has been the exact same thing here in Wano.

This isn't some great or complex work of literature.

It's a fucking shonen manga and Oda isn't Shakespeare or GRRM. He is using his usual arc blueprint once again - the raid is going through.

If you like that rather "simplistic" writing style or not is written on a different piece of paper ...

G

Gorosei Informer

I really like Morj, but I think he and a lot of guys here vastly overestimate Oda (to be more precise: the complexity of OP).

It's a standard shonen manga, nothing more.

Oda is applying the same old arc structure he has used for 20+ years here:

1. Arrive at the new island.
2. Split up, have some short adventures, meet the locals and learn about the problems on the island.
3. Face the enemies for the first time and suffer some kind of "defeat".
4. Flashback about some local hero.
5. Rebound and regroup, preparing to go for the final battle.
6. Some big overlaying threat that threatens to kill the entire island is introduced (nuke in Alabasta, Advent of Thunder in Skypiea, Buster Call in EL, Shinokuni in PH, Birdcage in DR etc.)
7. Final fights are being set up.
8. SH crew beats their opponents.
9. Luffy beats the main villain in a long fight.
10. Everyone regenerates, then they celebrate and leave the island.

It has been the exact same thing here in Wano.

This isn't some great or complex work of literature.

It's a fucking shonen manga and Oda isn't Shakespeare or GRRM. He is using his usual arc blueprint once again - the raid is going through.

If you like that rather "simplistic" writing style or not is written on a different piece of paper ...
Sabaody and Marineford are the only reasons I'm expecting something different as vain as that is post TS especially. But yeah that's completely true otherwise ofc. Oda has his formula he loves to stick to viciously, just like other Shonen series.

And to be fair, the Sabaody incident and thus Thriller Bark ended up being downplayed due to Kuma turning out to be an ally ironically and working for Luffy's father.

At least Ace is still dead for now though....for now....

Well said anyway, couldn't have said it better myself!

:cheers::nicagesmile::saden::cantseeme:

Status
Not open for further replies.