Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of pushes the narrative that damaging Kaido is not that hard to do, the hard thing part is doing damage that actually matters, aka serious damage such as scarring and such.
I'll compare Kaido to Aku from Samurai Jack, Aku feels pain from getting shot by arrows for example, but in the end he doesn't take any damage from that, same goes for Kaido, he was showing signs of pain when getting hit by Boundman at the start of Wano, but didn't take any damage.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
WB pirates never got full info on the condition of wano. They might have had hints but that might have been too late when they got full knowledge. Inu and neko must have really believed the 20 year prophecy so they didn’t ask WB for help as it was not time
Marco casually flew there so going to Wano was not a problem at all.

Whitebeard was basically afraid of Kaido.

A fact that they always seem to forget. Zoro was at his best when using Asura whether they like to admit it or not. Yet these are the same people who like to claim Zoro can 1 shot Kaido in good condition when he struggles to hurt King. :gokulaugh:
Broken bones =/= best.

And even if it was, he still did WAY more damage with ONE atack than Luffy did with several, soo yeah...His AP is still way higher.
:kata:

WB pirates never got full info on the condition of wano. They might have had hints but that might have been too late when they got full knowledge. Inu and neko must have really believed the 20 year prophecy so they didn’t ask WB for help as it was not time
Meanwhile the same WB led his crew in a “suicide fight” (his own words) on Navy HQ to get back Ace.

Whether or not a story caters to teenage boys or not has no bearing on whether or not it’s good. All of pre time skip catered to teenage boys, but it was good.

I don’t come to One Piece expecting deep themes or complex characters, but I still expect the story to be presented in a way that doesn’t disappoint its readers and properly fulfills the promises it makes.

Jack going down like this is just outright bad and greatly diminishes the quality of this arc, and this arc continues with its anatagonists (the F6, Perospero, Jack - who else will disappoint? Queen and King? Big Mom and Kaido?) it will definitely diminish the quality of the story as a whole.

People get confused and they think that good writing is something intellectual and ivory tower-eque, when it’s literally just tied to enjoyability of the story.
When your enjoyment of the series get wavered simply because Jack lost to Sulong Inu when:

1) Jack was not able to defeat neither of the dukes without his poison gas
2) The dukes said that Jack would stand no chance against their sulong forms, and this claim makes absolute sense given how someone as weak as carrot is able to do what she did in WCI and how she and Wanda were only defeated by Perospero because the moon was instructed. A sulong Neko and Inu and massively more powerful than their regular selves.
3) Inu was fighting off Jack and fodders at the same time

If your enjoyment is tied to that and you completely disregard things being set up, that's not on Oda, that's on you for wanking someone like Jack when Oda gave nothing to say Jack was outright stronger than the dukes.

WB was afraid because at best he was leaving out of Wano with only Jozu and Marco alive after getting revenge and considering his priority is living with his family the math didn't work out for him with a crew of jobbers.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
How so? I don't find it reasonable for Whitebeard to risk the lives of all of his sons to free a country that literally has nothing to do with him, if Oden was alive and captured in Wano, i'm sure Whitebeard would come and save him.
What about: "No one fucks with WB pirates"? What about Oden's family?

This is the biggest false hype proven wrong twice. WB was all omg don't attack WBP or WB wrath will get you.

Oden and Thatch died and he did nothing to the people that take them out.

I'll compare Kaido to Aku from Samurai Jack, Aku feels pain from getting shot by arrows for example, but in the end he doesn't take any damage from that, same goes for Kaido, he was showing signs of pain when getting hit by Boundman at the start of Wano, but didn't take any damage.
If that's the case than I think every strawhat could get a reaction out of Kaido if they through a strong attack at him.

This kind of pushes the narrative that damaging Kaido is not that hard to do, the hard thing part is doing damage that actually matters, aka serious damage such as scarring and such.
Yes unfortunately it is, but imo whether the damage from Momo this time matters or not, is rather vague. Oda made Kaidou screams in pain often. This degrades Kaidou further tho lol

What about: "No one fucks with WB pirates"? What about Oden's family?

This is the biggest false hype proven wrong twice. WB was all omg don't attack WBP or WB wrath will get you.

Oden and Thatch died and he did nothing to the people that take them out.
Yes, Oden and Thatch died, Whitebeard won't resurrect them if he defeats their killers.

Broken bones =/= best.

And even if it was, he still did WAY more damage with ONE atack than Luffy did with several, soo yeah...His AP is still way higher.
:kata:
He cut him using a sword....
Yet Kaido showed 10x the reaction just from an advanced Armament attack.

Luffy's attacks cause internal damage not external. Yet when you put his reaction to Asura next to this it looks pretty insignificant in terms of the effect it has on Kaido.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yes, Oden and Thatch died, Whitebeard won't resurrect them if he defeats their killers.
You didn't understand me.

The fake hype around WB crew was that if you even try at them you will get the wrath of the whole "family" at them.

It was proven bullshit with Oden and Thatch.

WB's hype is fake. He was goated but it is sad that his crew was such a bunch of useless pricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.