Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jack fought Jinbe, hed be getting what Queen and King are getting. But he didnt….so hes stuck sharing his defeat with an opponent from last arc who isnt even YC tier. Same will happen to Meme and every other irrelevant smuck.

I have a feeling that, except for Kaido and Big Mom, no other villains in this arc will receive different treatment from Tobiroppo/Jack and that includes BM's sons if they get involved in this war.
Nah I don't think Queen and King will suffer the same fate. They'll get their due diligence.

As for the BMP, I can potentially see big montages of Luffy's crew and allies fighting them off while Luffy and Kid fight the Yonko. One theory I had was that after King and Queen are defeated and Onigashima lands, it's possible Law or Yamato back off from the Yonko fights to handle Smoothie, who'd clearly be the next major threat after them.

Granted, this would have to mean Oda actually involves them once the island lands. It is the only reason imo why he has currently left Franky, Jinbe, Nami, Usopp and Brook relatively healthy. Hell, even Chopper seems to have some weird shit occurring with him that may be relevant to him fucking them up.

Basically I wouldn't expect full blown round 2 battles, but I CAN see Oda delivering alot of montage/exposition type fights that end in several major one shots or offscreened battles (leading to a conclusion at least) ala similar to Peros and Jack this chapter.

The 10 Numbers (if the are relevant still) and the BMP are the two variables I'm not sure about currently. I'm confident CP-0 won't do much though, but the threat to potentially trying to take Robin I can see, which is possible since since were monitoring fights and the last thing we see is a Mary watching them.

Stats wise I don't think Inu beating Jack is crazy, Jack fans main hope would be awakening reveal later or he is done.
In Zou it seemed like Jack had similar physical strength to the dukes but Jack's stamina >> Dukes
Hybrid definitely improves strength but it's fair to say Sulong grants a bigger boost with it's burning life aspect so Jack needs an extra card or he is definitely out for good.

I feel all those complaints. Especially Crimson Flower. I expected two levels minimum fighting Edelgards uncle and it just cut to the ending after beating the Sexy Pope.

Is the DLC worth it at all?
Dlc is definitely worth it imo. Not only is the Ashen Wolves story really good, but it lets you use them in any playthrough once you've completed it. It doesn't impact the main story, as it's a seperate thing you access through the main menu, but between the characters (which are some of the better ones in the game both personality wise and combat wise) the classes you unlock (dark flier is especially good) and the extra content you get through the underground being available in the main game, it's definitely solid. If you're planning on doing all the routes you'll get a lot of use out of it. I've used at least 3 of the Ashen Wolves in every playthrough since. If you're not going to do much more, the price tag is kind of hefty. The side story in and of itself wouldn't be worth it to me, but it adds so much to the main game too.

If Jack fought Jinbe, hed be getting what Queen and King are getting. But he didnt….so hes stuck sharing his defeat with an opponent from last arc who isnt even YC tier. Same will happen to Meme and every other irrelevant smuck.
:risicheck:
This is just dukes hate, they're the best fighters of an electric animal warrior race and you don't think they reach YC3 at worst?

Personally I disagree only because Queen is already shown in hybrid, and should in theory understand the nature of devil fruits enough to know what awakening is. Like if Doflamingo and Kata do, then I cant see why at least King and Queen don't. Jack has been portrayed as "lesser" than they are in terms of his relevance this entire raid, so I can understand why he might not know it (though I hope he does somehow past this chapter)

I think this is the one and only time Oda can truly drive home what awakening is for Zoans. He spent the last 2 arcs doing this for Paramecia (which foreshadows Luffy's own version in the future), and may do so again with the Admirals and their awakening powers (between the 4, and assuming Green Bull is some form of mythical zoan (totally separate theory lol) you'd see awakenings for Zoan, Paramecia AND Logia to drive the concept home).

This sort of directs us on the future of OP fights because awakening seems to be the key to how fights eventually go, at least for Luffy. But i hope it happens for Zoro and Sanji with their opponents at least.

Anyway, let's wait and see. Not much longer now!
We saw the aftereffects of awakened logia in punk hazard. Permanent environment change

Status
Not open for further replies.