Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I'm guessing he really has 8 lives or Fukurokuju keeps resurrecting him somehow as hes based on the Buddhist god of resurrection apparently?

Probably the former though, I'd prefer that too.

I'm hoping Oda gas purposely made Hiyori irrelevant to set her up getting revenge and killing Orochi as she said she wanted to in the early Wano chapters.
Kaido sliced his head off, then at least five or six Scabbards got one…so you’re telling me we might have to see this fuckin’ loser die two more times?? :kriwhat:

I now remember people making theories somewhere at the beginning of the arc that Luffy will start using a sword because "everyone top tier has one" and rayleigh must've taught him
:kobeha:
I actually wanted Luffy to get a weapon. Not a sword, but maybe something else. This is why I was excited when those fake 'Kozuki weapon' spoilers came out. :josad:

Like, maybe something like a trident that even brawlers like Katakuri use sometimes. Or better, metal knuckles. :steef:

this clueless mangaka need to retire as soon as posible, his writting quality is such a downgrade, also taking so many break for what? and why bother making this manga so long if this mangaka already exhausted? this is unbelievable lmao

An author who prioritise showing us fodders running, fighting for pages yet offscreen important battles and characters is a hack

A dude who add more questions than answers and drags plots

Oda is overrated!
For sure I like his art style , world building and certain characters but OP is subpar since FI.
I enjoyed fishman Island more than I enjoyed PH+ DR + Wano combined

G

Gorosei Informer

Kaido sliced his head off, then at least five or six Scabbards got one…so you’re telling me we might have to see this fuckin’ loser die two more times?? :kriwhat:
Unfortunately so, Oda probably thinks it's some funny running gag?

In mythology, Orochi is meant to be unkillable except via a certain sword and maybe poisoned sake so Oda might be going for that too loosely at least?

Ame No Habakiri is Serpent Slayer of Heaven or something like that, so it's either gonna be used vs Kaido and or Orochi only.

Since only Emma got a rematch vs Kaido so far, I'm guessing Ame is being saved to guarantee Orochis death and thus slay both of the tyrants ruining and controlling Wano ultimately.

:lusalty::gonope::josad::goatasure:

How much evidence do you still need to realize that this is not the endgame of Wano?

Let's see if Oda has the balls to kill Tama, Hitetsu's concern sounds like death foreshadowing but yeah, it's One Piece I shouldn't be optimistic...
You have to master that phase of denial.

It is the Wano endgame (and no, I don't like it either).

Here is what I wrote in the waiting room yesterday (concerning the people still believing the raid will fail):

"I really like Morj, but I think he and a lot of guys here vastly overestimate Oda (to be more precise: the complexity of OP).

It's a standard shonen manga, nothing more.

Oda is applying the same old arc structure he has used for 20+ years here:

1. Arrive at the new island.
2. Split up, have some short adventures, meet the locals and learn about the problems on the island.
3. Face the enemies for the first time and suffer some kind of "defeat".
4. Flashback about some local hero.
5. Rebound and regroup, preparing to go for the final battle.
6. Some big overlaying threat that threatens to kill the entire island is introduced (nuke in Alabasta, Advent of Thunder in Skypiea, Buster Call in EL, Shinokuni in PH, Birdcage in DR, Onigashima dropping down in Wano etc.)
7. Final fights are being set up.
8. SH crew beats their opponents.
9. Luffy beats the main villain in a long fight, island-wide threat is banned in the last second.
10. Everyone regenerates, then they celebrate and leave the island.

It has been the exact same thing here in Wano.

This isn't some great or complex work of literature.

It's a fucking shonen manga and Oda isn't Shakespeare or GRRM. He is using his usual arc blueprint once again - the raid is going through.

If you like that rather "simplistic" writing style or not is written on a different piece of paper ... "

Status
Not open for further replies.