Questions & Mysteries What does Aokiji think of Luffy

Remember the time when Aokiji warns Rob Luci if he took Robin?
That Rob Luci will regret it if he takes Robin…and Rob Luci Realize this too back when he and luffy had a last stand with each other…
so basically they had a glimpse of how luffy do his thing.

And yeah so its simple, when Aokiji had an encounter with the strawhats in part 1 he already knew that Luffy wont ever never leave his nakama alone that he will save them no matter what.

this was also connected to saul, the giant who saved the kid nico robin when the Gorosei used the buster call to destroy her hometown, Aokiji heard what saul said about one day Robin will find a friends that will protect her. Thats one of the reason why and a respect for saul why he let robin escape.

I think one of the reason why he left the navy mainly because of Luffy, because of Luffy aokiji realized that you can help people that you dont have to be a marine to do that especially him who was direct subordinate of the corrupt celestial dragons..

Did this actually happen?
14:54 go check it rhe scene where both of them reminisce the past. Rob Luci realize that Luffy is not a bad pirate his probably his one of the people from WG including Aokiji, Smoker, Tashigi, G5, that thinks Luffy is a different pirate.

Last edited:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
14:54 go check it rhe scene where both of them reminisce the past. Rob Luci realize that Luffy is not a bad pirate his probably his one of the people from WG including Aokiji, Smoker, Tashigi, G5, that thinks Luffy is a different pirate.
I mean, did it happen in the manga? I can't seem to recall it.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
He probably observed for long to see where he would head and how much of a threat he would become. Didn't kill him or capture him because Garp's grandson prominently but also because that's not his model of justice. But I think he turned more and more aware of his potential to change the world, though he is still fidel to justice and technically Luffy goes against it no matter what.

He probably observed for long to see where he would head and how much of a threat he would become. Didn't kill him or capture him because Garp's grandson prominently but also because that's not his model of justice. But I think he turned more and more aware of his potential to change the world, though he is still fidel to justice and technically Luffy goes against it no matter what.
no Aokiji is a friend of smoker, and he probably the one as admiral the one who ordered bring a fleet of marines during the alabasta arc. Smoker told everything to Aokiji and how luffy saved the alabasta kingdom from crocodile. And Aokiji thinks he owe him one and yeah ofcourse he was garp grandson too but probably most of it its because he saved a whole kingdom

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
no Aokiji is a friend of smoker, and he probably the one as admiral the one who ordered bring a fleet of marines during the alabasta arc. Smoker told everything to Aokiji and how luffy saved the alabasta kingdom from crocodile. And Aokiji thinks he owe him one and yeah ofcourse he was garp grandson too but probably most of it its because he saved a whole kingdom
:choppawhat:

Smoker wanted to capture the SHs and even kill them at traits