Versus Battle Alduin vs Ganondorf/Ganon (All Versions)

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

VERSUS

Scenario: Alduin and Ganondorf square up for a 1v1 fight.

I didn’t know how else to title this thread, but Alduin is NOT fighting all Ganondorfs at the same time. Rather this thread can discuss individual versions of Alduin facing the different versions of the King of Evil 1v1 (and Demise).

Which versions does Alduin defeat and which does he lose to?

Share your thoughts :)

@RayanOO @Sentinel @Seth @Constantine @Kawaii @Zowo @Dragomir , y’all tag some people because I’m too lazy for this shit lol

I'm a Ganondorf stan but Alduin takes this.

This dragon is a world devourer who's above time and space. His speed is listed as immeasurable, so in terms of speed, Alduin is already infinitely above. In terms of AP, both are comparable if we compare AlttP Ganon to Alduin.

All other versions clearly lose, I think AlttP Ganon might do something with the full Triforce but I'm not sure about that.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I'm a Ganondorf stan but Alduin takes this.

This dragon is a world devourer who's above time and space. His speed is listed as immeasurable, so in terms of speed, Alduin is already infinitely above. In terms of AP, both are comparable if we compare AlttP Ganon to Alduin.

All other versions clearly lose, I think AlttP Ganon might do something with the full Triforce but I'm not sure about that.
Damn, I thought at least you would rep Ganondorf lol. But aren’t you underestimating him a bit?

TP Ganondorf’s power extends beyond his own universe, by giving Zant a fraction of his power Zant still effortlessly dominated Hyrule lol, and and in A Link Between Worlds, Yuga’s whole plan was to use Ganon’s power to become Yuganon and conquer multiple realms of power as well.

I wouldn’t take Alduin speed scaling seriously man. Standard human warriors can land attacks on Alduin and shoot him with bows and such, immeasurable speed simply means Alduin won’t be blitzed, it doesn’t mean he’s blitzing anyone lol.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I wouldn’t take Alduin speed scaling seriously man. Standard human warriors can land attacks on Alduin and shoot him with bows and such, immeasurable speed simply means Alduin won’t be blitzed, it doesn’t mean he’s blitzing anyone lol.
Anduin needed to be massively nerfed in game. In lore it was said that Alduin when normally talking could reshape mountains and landscapes, summon meteor showers while causing tide to rise. Just by talking

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Anduin needed to be massively nerfed in game. In lore it was said that Alduin when normally talking could reshape mountains and landscapes, summon meteor showers while causing tide to rise. Just by talking
Probably deliberately exaggerative tails right? Or just a reference to Alduin’s shouts. Alduin speaks several times in Skyrim but never does anything like that lol.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Probably deliberately exaggerative tails right? Or just a reference to Alduin’s shouts. Alduin speaks several times in Skyrim but never does anything like that lol.
Yea because games needed to nerf him. Otherwise Alduin would be one shoting nations let alone humans.

His nickname is World Eater and the prophecy is that Alduin has the hunger to swallow the world.

Alduin takes the win. Alduin is the son of Akatosh,the highest god in the TES universe. He even would be able to devour Soveingarde,the Valhalla of the Nords,which is a own universe besides Nirn. Alduin also can devour time itself,a feat Ganondorf cant pull of. What is Ganondorf able at his best? Planet Level? :sanmoji:

TP Ganondorf’s power extends beyond his own universe, by giving Zant a fraction of his power Zant still effortlessly dominated Hyrule lol, and and in A Link Between Worlds, Yuga’s whole plan was to use Ganon’s power to become Yuganon and conquer multiple realms of power as well.
That's actually quite interesting.

So we can easily say Ganondorf's AP is universe+ lv at least which starts with TP Ganondorf. I always had difficulty to estimate whether the shadow realm is a pocket dimension or an actual parallel universe. If it's the latter, Ganondorf already is that powerful.

But what I've read from Alduin so far, this dragon is a time consuming and conceptual being which is really impressive. I don't know how Ganondorf deals with those things so far, especially since Alduin eats time itself as I said.

So the question is, can Alduin destroy Ganondorf's existence? Definitely not. Demise/Ganon's existence is above the timeline itself. Link killed Demise in the past but the past Demise was still alive. Keep in mind, the Triforce killed Demise. The most powerful object cannot erase Demise/Ganon from its existence.
Therefore, Alduin can at best kill Ganon's body but not his malice. It can only be stopped temporarily.

wouldn’t take Alduin speed scaling seriously man. Standard human warriors can land attacks on Alduin and shoot him with bows and such, immeasurable speed simply means Alduin won’t be blitzed, it doesn’t mean he’s blitzing anyone lol.
Most feats are actually from the lore which I read so far, that's why I mentioned his speed.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Alduin takes the win. Alduin is the son of Akatosh,the highest god in the TES universe. He even would be able to devour Soveingarde,the Valhalla of the Nords,which is a own universe besides Nirn. Alduin also can devour time itself,a feat Ganondorf cant pull of. What is Ganondorf able at his best? Planet Level? :sanmoji:
Also i am not sure if this is 100% true but i read somehwere Alduin had a spell/shout that would turn adult human into a baby

Also i am not sure if this is 100% true but i read somehwere Alduin had a spell/shout that would turn adult human into a baby
Lorewise his unaviodable destiny is to devour Nirn as a whole. This will include the construct of time and space. Like in the scandinavian folklore he will fullfill his destiny,like Fenrir will devour Odin at Ragnarok.

Its more a lore feat than a one that he showed in the past.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
His nickname is World Eater and the prophecy is that Alduin has the hunger to swallow the world.
Over time. He’s not just going to open his mouth and inhale Tamriel over the course of 10 seconds lol. Alduin eating the world could take another thousand years. He was wounded by the Dragonborn so badly that he had to retreat to Sovereigngard to feast on souls in order to heal.

But what I've read from Alduin so far, this dragon is a time consuming and conceptual being which is really impressive. I don't know how Ganondorf deals with those things so far, especially since Alduin eats time itself as I said.
Alduin does not eat time. Not sure where this idea comes from other than exaggerative statements from mortals who cannot fathom Alduin’s power or nature. Let me remind you of how Alduin was initially “defeated” a millennia ago:

So the OG heroes of old, realizing that they could not permanently defeat Alduin, used the Elder Scroll to send him into the future in hopes that he could be permanently killed in a more advanced age. And Alduin was powerless against this tactic. Doesn’t sound to me like Alduin has any power over time whatsoever, nor has he demonstrated such power in game, in fact the only reference to this is against hyperbolic tales from old stories which again can be easily interpreted as exaggerative tails from people who didn’t understand Alduin or his power.

Miirak stated that he could’ve easily killed Alduin and Miirak himself has no power over time at all. So yeah I’m not sure where this idea comes from that Alduin eats time or exists outside of time. And what was it you said about Ganondorf?

Demise/Ganon's existence is above the timeline itself.
So yeah, Ganondorf clearly outclasses Alduin here.

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Like I said, most feats are actually from the lore. The Elder Scroll's lore is incredibly powerful and is one of the most powerful verses. I dunno if some statements are exaggerated but it is not the case that Alduin consistently gets portrayed as a world eating being, even in-game? I recall this fact at least.

Also, I read this time eating thing on one of his profile's in battle sites. So I don't have a valid source of said feat.

But sure, if we estimate those lore feats as exaggerations, then Ganon/Ganondorf is a good deal stronger since some versions effectively warped worlds in-game too. Ganondorf's existence/malice is beyond time and space too. A divine manifest couldn't even completely erase his existence, the Triforce - and the Triforce is also the providence of the entire universe.

Thus, I'd say: With lore feats, Alduin wins although it's quite close. But if it's just exaggerated parts, then Ganondorf clearly wins.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Alduin takes this.

You'd have to severely nerf him to make it somehow competitive. Doesn't Alduin have some reality/space bending feats?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Like I said, most feats are actually from the lore. The Elder Scroll's lore is incredibly powerful and is one of the most powerful verses.
This is mostly thanks to the Aedra and Daedra who are absurdly powerful, not because of beings like Alduin. Miirak could’ve likely killed Alduin, and comparing Miirak and his master Hermaeus Mora, is like comparing a Tiger to a Volcano.

Alduin has no real feats of power that would put him relative to real Elder Scrolls top tiers. Alduin’s greatest showing of power is simply that he’s extremely hard to kill, and given enough time without being slain and he will eventually eat everything…but immortality/near invulnerability is just scratching the surface of what the Dedric princes are capable of (in their own realms at least).

I dunno if some statements are exaggerated but it is not the case that Alduin consistently gets portrayed as a world eating being, even in-game? I recall this fact at least.
Yes. And if the lore is to be believed, Alduin destroyed the world that predated Tamriel as well. Akatosh also thought Alduin was his greatest creation.

Still not sure as to why that would put him above Ganondorf though. Ganondorf has shown multiversal power like Alduin as I said above. Ganondorf doesn’t destroy worlds, because he wants to conquer them, and literally every time Ganondorf tries to conquer a world or universe, he always succeeds, he is rarely stopped.

Ganondorf has feats as you said, Alduin only has hype.

Doesn't Alduin have some reality/space bending feats?
No. Lol, none whatsoever. Alduin’s greatest feat that he’s actually shown is reviving dragons from the dead. Reviving dragons from the dead is practically something Ganondorf does every time he wipes his ass lol.

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

So Alduin does have a few world destroying feats but there's no time eating stuff, is that correct?
In addition, yes, Alduin and Ganondorf have comparable AP. That's also what I said: In terms of AP, both are comparable if we compare AlttP Ganon to Alduin. If we also take the shadow realm (TP) as a parallel world, even TP Ganondorf has comparable AP to Alduin.

But my main concern was the fact how Alduin apparently operates on conceptual basis, ie manipulating the laws of those worlds he devoured so far. If it's valid, then I definitely see an issue how Ganondorf should deal with this because conceptual manipulation is some really high hax. Causality manipulation is also there but I guess Ganondorf's malice shouldn't be influenced by said hax.

Ganondorf can BFR his own creatures with ease:

"Hey kid, you did quite well... It looks like you may be gaining some slight skill... But you have defeated only my phantom... When you fight the real me, it won't be so easy! What a worthless creation that ghost was! I will banish it to the gap between dimensions!!" — Ganondorf, Ocarina Of Time
(it begins at 4:00)

Can Alduin easily deal with BFRs like that? Ganondorf has no issues porting beings between dimensions.

But I think you are right. Even if Alduin defeats a version of Ganondorf, he can never defeat his malice. Malice itself is the source of all evil and Ganon/Demise is the embodiment of all evil, it takes different appearances in each epoch and it can be stopped but malice/Demise/The Calamity can be never truly destroyed. It's above time too. Even the Triforce failed which is a reality warping entity on universal scale.

Phai's comment to Demise: This eternal being has conquered time itself. It is the source of all monsters. According to tales passed down through generations, it appears differently in each epoch and to each person who lays eyes on it.

And now Calamity Ganon: The source of the darkness that has appeared time and again throughout Hyrule's history. It's been called many names, from "Great King of Evil" to "Calamity." Hibernating within a cocoon, it attempted to regenerate a physical form after Link awoke but was forced to confront him in an incomplete state.

That's from the Hyrule Compendium which is 100% canon. In German, Calamity Ganon also gets called "Todbringer" here which is the German name of Demise, interestingly enough.

Reviving dragons from the dead is practically something Ganondorf does every time he wipes his ass lol.
Even Ganondorf's malice easily revives his demon armee, imagine what the real Ganondorf can do lol.