All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• The Pokémon equivalent of the Industrial Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The sewers were overflowing with tons of Zygarde Slime (new Key Item)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Manaphy egg is a preorder bonus but Jirachi isn’t. You get Jirachi if you have a Sword/Shield save file and Mew if you have a Let’s Go Pika/Eevee save. You also get other legends in some new feature they added relating to things you find in the underground.
Post automatically merged:

Also I’m getting a physical copy.
is the preorder bonus automatic thru a code if you order the copy (physical or digital) online thru a site like Amazon or do you have to purchase it in person to get the manaphy egg/mystery gift code?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Aight…I see a lot of shit on Twitter mocking the people who were hoping that BDSP would implement shit from SM/SwSh like every other set of remakes did with the generations between their original release and the new versions…and I’m sorry, but I still think the whole thing is ridiculous. Game Freak knew they were gonna have to redo Gen 4 based on the precedent THEY set for multiple years, but then chose to focus on Legends: Arceus and apparently developing Gen 9 instead and outsourced the remakes to a company that had never handled a major piece of IP like Pokémon, and they…didn’t expect any pushback? From a fandom that has come to expect adherence to the formula that, again, THEY put in place and maintained for decades?? Like, Dexit is one thing, but now you’re denying us entire core aspects or popular mechanics from slightly different versions of the exact same storyline:kaidowhat:

Don’t get me wrong…my copy of Brilliant Diamond arrives on Friday and I’ll be playing it immediately with the intent to not put it down until I finished it. Just saying that mocking those of us who were (not unreasonably!) hoping for more is pretty shitty, especially considering the fact that the game we’re getting reportedly isn’t even complete and will require a day 1 patch just to get started :josad:

Aight…I see a lot of shit on Twitter mocking the people who were hoping that BDSP would implement shit from SM/SwSh like every other set of remakes did with the generations between their original release and the new versions…and I’m sorry, but I still think the whole thing is ridiculous. Game Freak knew they were gonna have to redo Gen 4 based on the precedent THEY set for multiple years, but then chose to focus on Legends: Arceus and apparently developing Gen 9 instead and outsourced the remakes to a company that had never handled a major piece of IP like Pokémon, and they…didn’t expect any pushback? From a fandom that has come to expect adherence to the formula that, again, THEY put in place and maintained for decades?? Like, Dexit is one thing, but now you’re denying us entire core aspects or popular mechanics from slightly different versions of the exact same storyline:kaidowhat:

Don’t get me wrong…my copy of Brilliant Diamond arrives on Friday and I’ll be playing it immediately with the intent to not put it down until I finished it. Just saying that mocking those of us who were (not unreasonably!) hoping for more is pretty shitty, especially considering the fact that the game we’re getting reportedly isn’t even complete and will require a day 1 patch just to get started :josad:
MOTHERFUCKER SHIT
Glad I saw this post or else I’d throw my Switch through my living room window.

W

Wonderful World

At this point, my memory of Diamond and Pearl is pretty hazy regarding the plot of these games. I played them back on the original DS, but if it's literally just a new coat of paint (based on reviews I've read), I may need to refrain from getting it just yet.

Yeah, I wasn’t particularly impressed by that, either…so it’s the only strictly “faithful” retelling out of every other remake AND it was rushed to market, sounds like a winning combination to me 🙄
I was hoping that since this third party is doing this for the first time they would have made sure to do a stellar fucking job hoping to get the chance for future remakes but I guess I was asking for too much.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I was hoping that since this third party is doing this for the first time they would have made sure to do a stellar fucking job hoping to get the chance for future remakes but I guess I was asking for too much.
I never felt like they were gonna even live up to the lowered expectations, and by all accounts, I was and am right. A rotten fish stinks from the head, so I still blame GF for both outsourcing their work for the first time in 30 years as well as not holding said third party to the kind of standard we’ve come to expect :kriwhat:

@RobertoTheOharaSurvivor When you get your copy, please let me know your opinion. At this point, it's mostly the Exp. Share thing in the way.
i ordered 1 digital (shining pearl) and plan to order a physical copy (brilliant diamond) in a week or so just so i don't to deal with cleaning shit right away when the game comes out

seems to be a carbon copy of D/P but hopefully they add some extra twist that we don't know about yet

probably will play it Sunday since I'm gonna be waiting hard for Episode 1000 once it airs (and Chapter 1032 once that comes out)