Zoro vs King CoC Clash?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
This is the same mistake you made with King. The narrative and portrayal matter much more in One Piece than what makes sense feats-wise or 'logically'. Their skillset rarely matters here tbh. Yeah, it's fine for Battledome maybe but in the series, it doesn't make sense for King to be able to beat both Queen and Jack together, just like it didn't make sense narratively for Zoro to low or mid diff Kaido's strongest man.

Zoro even said before going to the rooftop that beating either King or Queen won't be easy.

But all these discussions take place in a battledome context. These aren't fights that will ever happen in the manga.

Jack has no ability to damage King, and I'm sceptical that Queen can (absent his bio weapons) when Pre Haoshoku Zoro is also not able to hurt him.

It's like how Rooftop Zoro performed far better than the 9 Scabbards against Kaido, but many people don't believe he could defeat all 9 together.

King's defence isn't something that Jack or Queen's offence can offer anything against.

His speed is too much for them to contend with.

And his offence can overcome their defence.

Saying Queen and Jack beat King without an argument for how that happens is reality weird.

King is beating Zoro by having defence superior to Kaido's dragon scales and offence superior to Rooftop Zoro.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
β€Ž
Yeah would be super hype for Zoro to be able to use AdvCOC like 1 hour after learning he has COC :zosmug:
I'm just really, REALLY hoping Oda makes it clear about how CoC is obtained.
I WANT to believe that every individual has the potential to have it, but only a few manage to unlock it, because it demands such a powerful spirit, etc, etc.
The "chosen one" and "hereditary" lines are freaking boring AF and I don't think they align well with Zoro, who's always been about "working hard towards the top".
I'm really, REALLY worried that we get some "he inherited CoC from his daddy Shimotsuki Ushimaru" and, even MORE worried about "black blade needs CoC" to happen. I legit think these DO NOT mix well with Zoro's theme.
But some will just be "BUT IT'S COOL" and be alright with it.
In the end it won't make me hate the character or whatever, but I was looking forward to actually liking him again by the end of this arc. =/

Bland character that gets circular scaling and I doubt if he wasn't Zoro's goal would actually have any fans or relevance. I doubt anyone actually likes Mihawk straight up. They only like him because he's Zoro's strength goals. He's one of the few characters that have little to stand on by themselves.

That might change but for now he's as good as cardboard
The same can be sayed for big mom if she wasn't a yonko you wouldn't be a huge fan lol cus she is retarded

King hype

i remember when I said zoro wano end opponent was king and I got insulted😭

off topic, I don’t think anybody has a problem with zoro(except some few people) rather they do with the fans who say things like zoro is stronger than big mom or kaido, or zoro oneshots king and queen at the same time….. these are the things that cause problems

I hope next chapter is luffy chapter….it’s been long😭😭

I WANT to believe that every individual has the potential to have it, but only a few manage to unlock it, because it demands such a powerful spirit, etc, etc.
The "chosen one" and "hereditary" lines are freaking boring AF and I don't think they align well with Zoro, who's always been about "working hard towards the top".
I'm really, REALLY worried that we get some "he inherited CoC from his daddy Shimotsuki Ushimaru" and, even MORE worried about "black blade needs CoC" to happen. I legit think these DO NOT mix well with Zoro's theme.
In the end it won't make me hate the character or whatever, but I was looking forward to actually liking him again by the end of this arc. =/
It's not inherited but you either born with it or not.
Awakening it is another matter.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
COC being a born ability is one of the weakest choice Oda ever made. But sadly Oda already told us that COC cannot be trained and only one people out of a million is born with it…

I don't think the main requirement for a Black BLade is COC, or else Oden, Roger would've gotten in a long time ago. I think it's something else. And it's kinda weird that ZOro haven't mentioned his desire to turn Enma into a blackblade in the King's fight at all, like so far it's just about controlling Enma fully, like Oden did. But Oden didn't turn Enma black yet, so what else does Zoro need.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
β€Ž
COC being a born ability is one of the weakest choice Oda ever made. But sadly Oda already told us that COC cannot be trained and only one people out of a million is born with it…
What we have are characters' opinions of what CoC is.
Because it is so rare, people tend to believe it's because people either have it or don't.
But, since Oda decided to complete remove the "cursed blade" theme, saying it is a misinterpretation by people, he can do something similar with CoC, you know what I mean?

To me, CoC being something special that, despite being possible for everyone, only a few can unlock it, feels like the message from Ratatouille, that "anybody can cook", meaning that a great cook can come from anywhere, instead of literally "anyone can do it".
You know what I mean?

This "destiny" thing is too popular, unfortunately. I'm more of a "destiny is something you make and discover as you go", instead of "your destiny is sealed".

But that's purely personal preference.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Btw @Cinera what would be your current stance on Yamato vs King?
I remember there was a lot of debate before you banned yourself on wether they were around the same level or if Yamato was just above him.
I wouldn't argue against people that say King > Yamato.

I don't think that Yamato could ragdoll Rooftop Zoro the way King is.

But I'm also not sure how to scale/account for Haoshoku coating anymore.

II no longer think that Yamato is obviously stronger than King, and think King could very well end up being stronger.

Another issue is that I haven't yet reshuffled my tier list. I never thought that King would be a Top Tier (he still hasn't been presented as one), but my High Tier did not have room for a character as strong as King.

So my King scaling is: King > Rooftop Zoro/Marco/Chapter 1000 Luffy > Katakuri.

(Each of those being a separate level).

But I haven't yet rescaled King to the Conquerors (1010 Luffy, Linlin, Kaido).

If Zoro indeed unlocks Haoshoku coating and King contends with that on equal grounds (or if he reveals his own Haoshoku coating), I'll endorse King > Yamato.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
Remember when we all thought the AdvCoC shown in Roger vs Whitebeard was just CoA at its maximum potential? I kinda wish that’s what it was, and maybe Oda could’ve done something else for CoC.
ThΓ© adCOA / adCOC is a shit show
We are at a point where we have to analyse every scene and moment to wonder what type of haki was used and how it impacts the fight. Giving the Β« same Β» properties to both Haki and introducing them back to back in the same arc without fully showcasing the first completely is so lameeeeeeeee

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I don't see the problem with kokuto requiring Haoshoku.

Only the greatest swordsmen of their respective eras have forged kokuto, and they should both have been Conquerors.

Honestly, at this point it would be stranger if Haoshoku wasn't a requirement for forging a kokuto.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
To me, CoC being something special that, despite being possible for everyone, only a few can unlock it, feels like the message from Ratatouille, that "anybody can cook", meaning that a great cook can come from anywhere, instead of literally "anyone can do it".
You know what I mean?

This "destiny" thing is too popular, unfortunately. I'm more of a "destiny is something you make and discover as you go", instead of "your destiny is sealed".

But that's purely personal preference.
I’m 100% on your boat but I don’t think Oda wants to sail with us.

Zoro is now likely a shimotsuki, has the same scar as Ryuma, and likely from his family too. In one piece destiny seemed to be a sealed thing all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.