Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think TV series shouldnt follow manga because they need to cutdown lot of things like recruitment of everyone . Pre timeskip one piece had long storyline . I really doubt TV will cover things up .
Theyre probably gonna change a lot of it to make it easier for them.

Would be suprised if Luffy recruited multiple crew members in like 1 island. Robin will probably join in the East Blue saga lmao

H

Homelander

Would be suprised if Luffy recruited multiple crew members in like 1 island. Robin will probably join in the East Blue saga lmao
Ya problem is each arc is kinda connected to another . Character previously has least panel are important in future arcs . They cant cast off buggy or alvida or someone like helmappo or koby as well.

My guess would be they will skip recruitment arc and probably start storyline with luffy already has decent established crew .

I will be happy if they can start with Albasta storyline that ill cut to chase .

Ya problem is each arc is kinda connected to another . Character previously has least panel are important in future arcs . They cant cast off buggy or alvida or someone like helmappo or koby as well.

My guess would be they will skip recruitment arc and probably start storyline with luffy already has decent established crew .

I will be happy if they can start with Albasta storyline that ill cut to chase .
But wouldnt that confuse people who are watching OP for the first time.

I think they will edit the plot to fit their needs but have main fundamental thing....which is story, adventures and cool fights.

H

Homelander

But wouldnt that confuse people who are watching OP for the first time.

I think they will edit the plot to fit their needs but have main fundamental thing....which is story, adventures and cool fights.

Ya i dunno about that if they do start with east blue and recruitment i wont bother watching it though . In the end they have to make appeal to both new comer and readers who are already following it .

Thats why i think Netflix should make different world settings for their tv series or else i dont think any one piece fan will bother watching luffy recruiting everyone for entire 10 episodes .

If it's ten episodes of roughly an hour each I reckon they're aiming to finish at the end of Alabasta. East Blue does not take that long to adapt.

For the Strawhats I would quite like it if they broadly (and by broadly I mean I'm expecting them to be American, but of such and such descent) stuck to Oda's nationalities, which is actually pretty diverse. Latino main character, supporting cast being Asian (Zoro), African (Ussop), two caucasians (Nami, Sanji) a cgi/prosthetic reindeer and Vivi will be probably be North African/middle eastern. Considering it's a twenty year old series from the mostly homogenous Japan, it's a surprisingly modern group of characters. If anyone gets changed it'll be Robin.

Expect very few big names for the Strawhats, except maybe Robin. Young, up and coming actors are cheaper. Shanks and Mihawk are interesting ones to cast- big roles, little screen time.

It'll be what it'll be. It can be adopted to live action with the effort put in, and imo television works better for it than film. But it can also very easily turn out to be a schlocky cash grab that fails miserably.
Post automatically merged:

I think there's a pretty high chance that Zoro and Nami (and maybe Ussop)'s joining gets merged into one episode. The first four islands in the series aren't really distinct visually, after all. It's only when you get to weird floating fish restaurant Baratie that you get something visually distinct and different.

But they'll keep Robin's story intact, I'd imagine, purely because that's an overarching mystery for the first two/three seasons (however they adapt it).

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Rip One Piece..

If Oda wont kill you with bad writing....Netflix most definitely will.

For people who havent seen Netflix anime live adaptions. Heres one for you.

:usoprice:

I need a hot swedish girl and a hot french boi for my SaNa dream to come true. Netflix get something right and make SaNa cannon in your version. Pls dont make LuNa happen :believe:

More like hope not....tf.

I really dont want an all Japanese cast. Stick to the ethnicities Oda picked out. And if Usopp isnt from every country in Africa....we will riot:pepeanger:
This is crucial - they C A N N O T whitewash One Piece. I’ll turn the show off before it truly fucking starts if Luffy is some Caucasian dickhead with a shit haircut like that.

Get ready guys... Black Luffy, Mexican Zoro and Asian Nami are coming.
They fucking better be!!

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I would trust it in the hands of HBO more to give the next game of thrones. what is the longest netflix series right now? I don't rem them having something with many seasons.
BoJack Horseman is ending with its sixth season this Friday, and Grace and Frankie will end with the seventh season (I only know the last one because my girlfriend’s a fan)...they famously have a three-and-done rule otherwise, which is kinda fucking stupid.

Here are the people who should play the roles in One Piece Movie. If even one of them isn’t in the Movie I’m not watching it.
Shanks should be Played by this guy.

whitebeard should be Played by this guy.

Kaido should be Played by this guy.

Blackbeard should be Played by this guy.

Rob Luccy

Akainu

Luffy

Etc. I can list all one piece characters. Netflix you know who you should hire as cast director, just call me… I’m waiting.
Wow Jason Momoa & Akainu guy are the only ones who doesn't look absolutely terrible.

Shanks and Luffy are the worst.

😚

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I really don't know who they would cast as Luffy. That's the most important thing.
Nope....like Hawkin's is a 1000 times more important
Fine...if nobody else makes sense, I’ll do it.

*clears throat* I’m gonna...no, that sounds bad...I’M GONNA BE KUNG OF-fuck! Let me try again...I WILL BE KING OF PIRATES SOON! Was that a good audition?