Powers & Abilities How did young Oden use Enma ?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
In chapter 1033 we learn that only a very strong swordsman with strong haki (possible must have AdCoC) can use Enma.

But from Oden's flashback we know that 9 β‰ˆ 10 years old Oden had both Enma and Ame no Habakiri.

And we know that Oden didn't know what AdCoC even was, nevermind use it, until he met Roger.

So did Enma like Oden better or was 10 Y.O. Oden stronger than current Zoro (impossible) or is it simply a plot hole ?
Enma was forged for Oden.

Enma is now testing Zoro, comparing Zoro to its previous wielder at his peak/prime:

It wants to see if Zoro is a worthy spiritual successor to Oden. It wouldn't accept being wielded by someone that's weaker. In order to master Enma, Zoro must advance to Oden's level.

In chapter 1033 we learn that only a very strong swordsman with strong haki (possible must have AdCoC) can use Enma.

But from Oden's flashback we know that 9 β‰ˆ 10 years old Oden had both Enma and Ame no Habakiri.

And we know that Oden didn't know what AdCoC even was, nevermind use it, until he met Roger.

So did Enma like Oden better or was 10 Y.O. Oden stronger than current Zoro (impossible) or is it simply a plot hole ?

1. Enma has a personality, it can choose who it wants to kill, test, or just let be. Kouzaburo never complained about his haki being drained, just that the sword gave him chills to hold. Which makes sense, I doubt a sword would try to kill it's maker.

2. Oden was extremely rash, just like Enma. It's all but possible Enma never tested him because they both meshed well together.

3. It's heavily implied that Zoro's caution to Enma is what made Enma unruly towards him, Oden never held caution in his life until he came back to Wano. Zoro's caution about Enma made Enma feel like Zoro didn't trust it, thus they fought constantly pre-1033.

4. Swords choose their worthy owners.

Zoro using CoC perfectly without even knowing about it: built different, grandmaster blah blah
Oden using it as a kid casually: Plot hole.
:suresure:
Hypocrisy strike 101.
Fanboys logic
Post automatically merged:

Cause Oden is freak like Linlin + has PK potential life Roger and Luffy due ti VOaT

NO

Zoro recognizes what it means to use Enma. The default options when Haki is being pulled from your body:

1. Shit yourself and pass out. Not going this direction, and choosing to keep Enma is what impressed them back when Zoro first received it.

2. Pull your Haki back. Logical. This is what Zoro did and kept doing. It would appear that commanding the amount of Haki you use it to master Enma, tame it and control it.

However... that was wrong. He remarked that Enma could kill him or get him killed by pulling out his Haki without consent. At the end of the chapter he realized that this is the test. Does he trust Enma with his life? Yes. He sacrificed his life to save each of his swords. So he trusts them all to boot, and can let the Haki flow. It would be his death if he feared these swords and what they can do, or is he keeps fighting against them. But now he fights with them like a real king.

The idea that Oden is stronger, has more Haki, etc. isn't a plot hole but misreading.

NO

Zoro recognizes what it means to use Enma. The default options when Haki is being pulled from your body:

1. Shit yourself and pass out. Not going this direction, and choosing to keep Enma is what impressed them back when Zoro first received it.

2. Pull your Haki back. Logical. This is what Zoro did and kept doing. It would appear that commanding the amount of Haki you use it to master Enma, tame it and control it.

However... that was wrong. He remarked that Enma could kill him or get him killed by pulling out his Haki without consent. At the end of the chapter he realized that this is the test. Does he trust Enma with his life? Yes. He sacrificed his life to save each of his swords. So he trusts them all to boot, and can let the Haki flow. It would be his death if he feared these swords and what they can do, or is he keeps fighting against them. But now he fights with them like a real king.

The idea that Oden is stronger, has more Haki, etc. isn't a plot hole but misreading.
Perfect but have people thinking it's all about power/strength what's new.

A 30 years old Oden didn't know how to use CoC coating, he had been using Enma just like Zoro until this chapter.
Zoro did in 2 weeks what Oden couldn't do in 2 decades. :steef:

I used to think Zoro only had Enma drawback because Oden specifically left his swords for his kids. I believe Oden wouldn't do that if the swords could kill them so probably if Hyori and Momonosuke tried to use them they would have no issue.
Ryuuma kind of left Shusui to Zoro, he still had a little trouble taming it but nothing near compared to Enma. And since Shusui is a better sword(black blade) it just supports my previous idea.

But since is Oda writting. This is pure plot hole shit.

Oden just matched its temperament and after years of refining his skills he just set an ultra high standard powerlvl wise for all the following owners. That's how I see it.

The reverse would prolly be true aswell. If like young Oden would get EoS Zoro's Enma, he would prolly have to prove himself much more than he had to in canon

Zoro using CoC perfectly without even knowing about it: built different, grandmaster blah blah
Oden using it as a kid casually: Plot hole.
:suresure:
Hypocrisy strike 101.
I hate how many people were ranting and salty(mostly algae eaters and great critics of WG ) when Luffy unlocked advcoc or Sanji exo but now no one is talking about how much of a asspull it is for Zoro to unlock advcoc without even knowing his coc and calling it best chapter in Wano , great writing ( even so called critics of WG who were mostly Zoro fans are also saying it's great)
:pepeke:

I hate how many people were ranting and salty(mostly algae eaters and great critics of WG ) when Luffy unlocked advcoc or Sanji exo but now no one is talking about how much of a asspull it is for Zoro to unlock advcoc without even knowing his coc and calling it best chapter in Wano , great writing ( even so called critics of WG who were mostly Zoro fans are also saying it's great)
:pepeke:
That is why never assume the people from this forum is any better than reddit. This is characterstic of one piece where people gets powerup and can use it as good as 'experienced' user. I don't mind it but this double reaction from the certain 'critics' is hilarious.

Oden is Oda's self insert. He's a freak of nature made in the same ilk as Linlin but with his freak status being lesser.
Yes, I bet we will see 'Oden' in Luffy vs Kaidou fight also and forever until One piece ends.

i'm pretty sure that i read somewhere that enma was made for oden like swords that was made for people of ringo when they was born he was owner of enma
now enma is ownerless i don't think enma will accept some one weaker than his old owner so it's testing zoro to see he is worthy or not
personally i think part of crazy consumption of haki is because it's used to be coated in crazy amount of haki when oden was its owner as oden become stronger he used more and more haki on his swords first it was only AdCoA but latter on also oden was using AdCOC

another explanation is plot hole

also to be fair oden was a natural born monster even when he was a baby he was strong he was kinda like kid Big Mom
dude was fighting yakuza when he was a kid

Last edited:
oden was crazy enough to let enma drain the ryou out of him without restraint
that combined with being an irregularity from the day he was born was why he could do it.
zoro till now has been holding back out of fear.

Cuz Oden > Zoro if enna was controlled by Roger then he would have no difficulty
the bigger issue here is a kid oden certainly wasnt.......