Character Discussion What "Kingly ambitions" does Sanji has?

not sure what tangent you are going off on
I dont think theres a primary/main or secondary goal here
he cant achieve the goal if he lacks the other . its very similar to this

"similarly for instance could argue that to reach his dream sanji has to be as strong as he can to make Luffy the PK."
huge difference
every strawhat reasonably has that goal.
its not a tangent but a well relevant point..

every goal has a side goal..

my point in a nutshell was WB's strength even natural lets assume he wanted to become the strongest for the sake of his main goal..

i gave you a similar instance with sanji's gaol intertwining with how he wants Luffy for become the pirate King which in turn will have his goal achieved in the process

WB and sanji's goals remain having a family and discovering all blue.. being the best brute and being the Wings of the PK help sustain their main dreams or help em achieve em..
"similarly for instance could argue that to reach his dream sanji has to be as strong as he can to make Luffy the PK."
huge difference
every strawhat reasonably has that goal.
first of all that was an instance given to highlight my point with WB and of their goals and you're forming red herrings out of it without really telling me what you are pointing out..

i assume what you're saying is.. "sanji isn't the only one who's supporting Luffy's goal" and yea that has nothing to do with my example with WB and sanji and how sanji's efforts to Luffy and WB determination (supposedly) wanting to become the strongest are directly connected to their main goals and doesn't alter them

so the point being that being strongest or attempting to be the strongest doesn't change his primary goal...
Post automatically merged:

and that the effort behind that dream matters.

Last edited:
its not a tangent but a well relevant point..

every goal has a side goal..

my point in a nutshell was WB's strength even natural lets assume he wanted to become the strongest for the sake of his main goal..

i gave you a similar instance with sanji's gaol intertwining with how he wants Luffy for become the pirate King which in turn will have his goal achieved in the process

WB and sanji's goals remain having a family and discovering all blue.. being the best brute and being the Wings of the PK help sustain their main dreams or help em achieve em..

first of all that was an instance given to highlight my point with WB and of their goals and you're forming red herrings out of it without really telling me what you are pointing out..

i assume what you're saying is.. "sanji isn't the only one who's supporting Luffy's goal" and yea that has nothing to do with my example with WB and sanji and how sanji's efforts to Luffy and WB determination (supposedly) wanting to become the strongest are directly connected to their main goals and doesn't alter them

so the point being that being strongest or attempting to be the strongest doesn't change his primary goal...
if you say so

This discussion is useless anyway, you can easily argue that Jinbei could be a CoC user, doesn't mean it is going to happen tho

For me Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Doflamingo and the Younkous are the only ones who would truly deserve to get CoC based on portrayal, meaning there always would need to be an absolute really great ambition in order for someone to have CoC

But then we have Rayleigh, we got nothing about why he has CoC, theres Oden, Yamato, Sengoku, Chinjao and Katakuri... if we compare these characters to Luffy and Zoro's willpower they dont look as ambitious as these two imo, considering what i said initially about needing to have a "great ambition to fullfil"

Even Whitebeards dream is odd to this matter, dude just always wanted a family, then he just became Roger's main rival, with a crew of "sons" that literally call him father, its like Sanji wanting to be a cook while being tortured by his family and ending up as one of the main dudes of Luffy's crew, called "PK wings", and "stars" by Marco alongside with Zoro, and a cook so good that he can bring people to his side with simple food and charisma, and make Big Mom wish to die with a cake, while refuses his birthright powers to death because he wants to be strong on his own

Last edited:
Aces will was broken during Marineford.
Luffys will was destroyed post Marineford.
Don Qinjaos will was broken after Garp destroyed his nail
Yeah unbroken was a strong word but for both ace and Luffy was death that broke their will and is completely logical.
About ace, luffy, zoro and kidd for example we can see that even when the odds are completely against them they never stop to fight. Their will is almost unbroken.....
Don Qinjao is a weak king not one of those who ment to rule the world..

Yeah unbroken was a strong word but for both ace and Luffy was death that broke their will and is completely logical.
About ace, luffy, zoro and kidd for example we can see that even when the odds are completely against them they never stop to fight. Their will is almost unbroken.....
Don Qinjao is a weak king not one of those who ment to rule the world..
I disagree. It’s never about the death but love that causes these conquerors to break.

The loss of loved ones - Luffy
The desire to not lose any further loved ones - Ace

Even Sanji stands here. People say he lost his will in Baratie but that was never the case. He just found something more important to him than his ambition, Zeff and the baratie. Mihawk says whenever those with strong will lower themselves it’s for another, in Sanjis case it was Zeff the only man to show him love in his life.
People say his will got broken in WCI but that was because he wanted to not lose those he cared for just like Ace did. He kept fighting the engagement until he realized that fighting this was just going to get Zeff or Luffy killed. So he sacrificed his ambition and his life to preserve those he cared for. Like oden did in Wano.

Against unwinnable odds, Sanji doesn’t fight to win. That’s never been his style, but he does fight. He instead fights to ensure that no one else has to die. We saw this in Skypeia when he saved Nami and Usopp from the arc. We saw this in Dressrosa when he saved Nami Brook chopper and Momo from Doffy. Both times he knew he couldn’t win, but he fought because he wasn’t going to allow his loved ones to die.