Has Queen been defeated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanji handling all of Queen's Germa attacks that his brothers had works for me. He's capable of dodging Ichiji's light attacks, not only handles but destroys the arm that was a replica of Yonji's, withstands the electricity that once took him down and shows off his own lightning (though this one's a bit of a stretch since lightning's been used to show haki for a while now) and to top it off Queen attempts to use the invisibility Sanji gave up and Sanji responds by moving so fast, he's effectively invisible (like Usopp believed Sanji was doing initially, I recall @Kuro Ashi mentioning this and predicting Sanji would move this quickly so props to him). Sanji's really growing, in terms of strength and as a person (not necessarily changing drastically but showing he's past his family).

Overall I really appreciate it with Sanji symbolically surpassing and defeating everything Germa was. Not by leaving Germa behind completely but acknowledging he can't change who he is (incorporating his boosted strength and speed from the exoskeleton and coming to terms with the fact the body enhancements are permanent) whilst also not over indulging in Germa's strength at the risk of who he is, refusing to continue using the suit at the risk of his humanity so he continues primarily relying on his flames that come from his passion so aren't a scientific enhancement hence Queen doesn't have them. I'm content with where Oda took this fight, in relation to Germa. Good stuff!

The fight is over imo

There's honestly no reason for this fight to go on any longer. Each one piece fight centers on a certain conflict. As of now, that conflict is resolved. Sanji vs Queen was all about Sanji facing his past and defining himself different from germa.
  • he awakens his enhancements
  • destroys the raid suit so he doesn't lose his emotions
  • He faces off against Queen, a germa fanboy who stole all of Judge's tech. He easily defeats the powers of his siblings as well as his own stealth black ability.
  • Uses the germa enhancements to further his own abilities, with ifrit jambe
What more is there to see? Sanji completed his character arc, got his power up, and bested Queen. This fight has been going on for a long time now and imo we should move to other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.