General & Others The Romance dawn Trio Discussion

Okay, This is a chore, But decided to finally do this. I have long wanted to write my thoughts about the relationship between Luffy, Zoro and Nami. I just wanted to collate all their moments in one place.

In Ancient Chinese Taoist philosophy two forces yin (from the ancient Chinese word for shady) is represented by the tiger and yang (from the word for bright) is represented by the dragon. Male traits are yang, and female traits are yin. Yang qualities are active, while yin qualities are passive. Everything in the universe results from the interaction of yin and yang and the balance between them.

The above colour spread comes to mind, you can see that Luffy is balancing himself on the tiger and Dragon. Tiger is being represented by Nami and Dragon is being represented by Zoro, Traditionally the tiger has been orange (Nami's orange hair) and The dragon has been green (Zoro's green hair). In my opinion, Nami is the feminine (Yin) to Luffy's masculine (Yang) and Zoro is the masculine(Yang) to Luffy's feminine(Yin).

Nami has always been the epitome of femininity, she has a very motherly nature towards kids, this is also shown by her behaviour towards Momo and Tama etc. Not to forget Nami takes the passive role in the crew, managing the household expenses, navigating the crew through the waters, She is in certain situations more emotional than Luffy and Zoro. She will go to any lengths to protect the ones who are close to her e.g her stealing from pirates and serving under Arlong, this explains her shady nature as yin energy. She is more grounded in reality as opposed to the crew powerhouses Luffy, Zoro and Sanji.

Zoro on the other hand is the embodiment of bushido/samurai, Bushido being the benchmark of masculinity in Japanese culture. He has a great ambition, is honourable and always ready to protect the ones who are weaker than him, He wants his name to reach the heavens (dragon is connected with heaven). Interestingly many of Zoro's attack has dragon in it. Zoro being the combatant of the crew plays more active role in the crew. He is honest, very straight forward and to the point unlike Nami. Zoro acts as more authoritative figure in the crew when time requires.

I see Nami as the perfect feminine Yin representation and Zoro as the perfect masculine Male representation in the manga , I want to discuss the relationship between these three further.
From the start , Oda has shown Zoro and Nami by Luffy's side, In east blue, Zoro fights the strong opponents with Luffy and Nami steals the treasure, navigate the sea etc.

Fast forward to the Whiskey peak, when the straw hats were being conned by bounty hunters, only Nami and Zoro stay awake, Nami making a deal with Vivi and ultimately an emotional bond with Vivi and Zoro protecting the crew against hundred of bounty hunters.

In Alabasta we see Zoro being the level headed person and heeding to Luffy's commands and Nami comforting Vivi when they left Luffy to fight Crocodile back.

In Mock Town, Oda decided to introduce one of the major villain when only these three were present, this says a lot about the importance of this trio.

In Skypiea, we see how oda again highlights different perspective of Zoro and Nami about God, as opposed to Luffy's "don't care if you are God" attitude

Nami and Zoro both support Luffy side by side in their own ways to help him go upwards to beat Eneru.

Water 7 is another key arc for this trio, Luffy was in verge of losing two of his crew mates. Both Zoro and Nami have different opinions. Zoro was sceptical of Robin and didn't want Usopp to come untill he apologized to Luffy. Nami on other hand was bounded by her emotions. Luffy took Zoro's advise in this matter.

This is in direct contrast to Zou, where Luffy decided to take Nami's side , again the reaction for Sanji leaving is highlighted for Zoro and Nami and how vastly different they are.

In Dressrosa, Zoro accompanies Luffy all the way to the 4th floor, helps him fight Doffy's underlings and stops pica on his path, And In final fight with Doffy, He decides to take lead to stop the birdcage.

This is similar to the situation in WCI where Nami helped Luffy pave his way through the seducing woods, helped him fight cracker. During his fight with Katakuri, she took the lead and asked rest of the crew members to break all the mirrors in the ship.

As For Thriller bark, Zoro, Luffy and Nami all get something from there which becomes a plot point later on. Luffy got the armlet which helped him free Ace, Zoro got shusui which helped him gain Enma in Wano, Nami got Lola's mother's (Big Mom's) vivre card which helped her save Luffy's life later on.

Okay, I am tired now, will add other things later on.

@Blother
@solis
@kumae
@bennbeckman
@Hanners220
@Roronoa-sama
@style
@matt245
@anon
@Ahmd
@Photon
@KiriNigiri
@Thururuzao
@ConquistadoR
@Alpha
@Daikenki
@h_zorothegoat
@Zoro D Goat
@BleakAsh
@mly90
@Rayleigh-Sama
@Hades
@Redboy776
@Finalbeta
@draganax
Impressive effort. A wonderful and interesting read.

Okay, This is a chore, But decided to finally do this. I have long wanted to write my thoughts about the relationship between Luffy, Zoro and Nami. I just wanted to collate all their moments in one place.

In Ancient Chinese Taoist philosophy two forces yin (from the ancient Chinese word for shady) is represented by the tiger and yang (from the word for bright) is represented by the dragon. Male traits are yang, and female traits are yin. Yang qualities are active, while yin qualities are passive. Everything in the universe results from the interaction of yin and yang and the balance between them.

The above colour spread comes to mind, you can see that Luffy is balancing himself on the tiger and Dragon. Tiger is being represented by Nami and Dragon is being represented by Zoro, Traditionally the tiger has been orange (Nami's orange hair) and The dragon has been green (Zoro's green hair). In my opinion, Nami is the feminine (Yin) to Luffy's masculine (Yang) and Zoro is the masculine(Yang) to Luffy's feminine(Yin).

Nami has always been the epitome of femininity, she has a very motherly nature towards kids, this is also shown by her behaviour towards Momo and Tama etc. Not to forget Nami takes the passive role in the crew, managing the household expenses, navigating the crew through the waters, She is in certain situations more emotional than Luffy and Zoro. She will go to any lengths to protect the ones who are close to her e.g her stealing from pirates and serving under Arlong, this explains her shady nature as yin energy. She is more grounded in reality as opposed to the crew powerhouses Luffy, Zoro and Sanji.

Zoro on the other hand is the embodiment of bushido/samurai, Bushido being the benchmark of masculinity in Japanese culture. He has a great ambition, is honourable and always ready to protect the ones who are weaker than him, He wants his name to reach the heavens (dragon is connected with heaven). Interestingly many of Zoro's attack has dragon in it. Zoro being the combatant of the crew plays more active role in the crew. He is honest, very straight forward and to the point unlike Nami. Zoro acts as more authoritative figure in the crew when time requires.

I see Nami as the perfect feminine Yin representation and Zoro as the perfect masculine Male representation in the manga , I want to discuss the relationship between these three further.
From the start , Oda has shown Zoro and Nami by Luffy's side, In east blue, Zoro fights the strong opponents with Luffy and Nami steals the treasure, navigate the sea etc.

Fast forward to the Whiskey peak, when the straw hats were being conned by bounty hunters, only Nami and Zoro stay awake, Nami making a deal with Vivi and ultimately an emotional bond with Vivi and Zoro protecting the crew against hundred of bounty hunters.

In Alabasta we see Zoro being the level headed person and heeding to Luffy's commands and Nami comforting Vivi when they left Luffy to fight Crocodile back.

In Mock Town, Oda decided to introduce one of the major villain when only these three were present, this says a lot about the importance of this trio.

In Skypiea, we see how oda again highlights different perspective of Zoro and Nami about God, as opposed to Luffy's "don't care if you are God" attitude

Nami and Zoro both support Luffy side by side in their own ways to help him go upwards to beat Eneru.

Water 7 is another key arc for this trio, Luffy was in verge of losing two of his crew mates. Both Zoro and Nami have different opinions. Zoro was sceptical of Robin and didn't want Usopp to come untill he apologized to Luffy. Nami on other hand was bounded by her emotions. Luffy took Zoro's advise in this matter.

This is in direct contrast to Zou, where Luffy decided to take Nami's side , again the reaction for Sanji leaving is highlighted for Zoro and Nami and how vastly different they are.

In Dressrosa, Zoro accompanies Luffy all the way to the 4th floor, helps him fight Doffy's underlings and stops pica on his path, And In final fight with Doffy, He decides to take lead to stop the birdcage.

This is similar to the situation in WCI where Nami helped Luffy pave his way through the seducing woods, helped him fight cracker. During his fight with Katakuri, she took the lead and asked rest of the crew members to break all the mirrors in the ship.

As For Thriller bark, Zoro, Luffy and Nami all get something from there which becomes a plot point later on. Luffy got the armlet which helped him free Ace, Zoro got shusui which helped him gain Enma in Wano, Nami got Lola's mother's (Big Mom's) vivre card which helped her save Luffy's life later on.

@Blother
@solis
@kumae
@bennbeckman
@Hanners220
@Roronoa-sama
@style
@matt245
@anon
@Ahmd
@Photon
@KiriNigiri
@Thururuzao
@ConquistadoR
@Alpha
@Daikenki
@h_zorothegoat
@Zoro D Goat
@BleakAsh
@mly90
@Rayleigh-Sama
@Hades
@Redboy776
@Finalbeta
@draganax
Interesting! :cheers:

So, Zoro and Nami basically took turns balancing Luffy since PH, huh? So, this means Nami will likely play another major role in the next arc since Zoro will likely take a time off. :usosmug:

I was thinking after wano zoro will probably ask sanji what happened on wci, it's interesting

@Blother
@solis
@kumae
@bennbeckman
@Hanners220
@Roronoa-sama
@style
@matt245
@anon
@Ahmd
@Photon
@KiriNigiri
@Thururuzao
@ConquistadoR
@Alpha
@Daikenki
@h_zorothegoat
@Zoro D Goat
@BleakAsh
@mly90
@Rayleigh-Sama
@Hades
@Redboy776
@Finalbeta
@draganax
Post automatically merged:

This is internal damage. Not Ryou.
Lol that is ryou, luffy literally glows hid haki into an attack

Why Lodestar? Why Nami? And why Kidd pirates?
To quote the guy that convinced me:
"I don't really have much to add other than the fact that I think Kid will play a prominent role going forward. But about lodestar, I've been thinking for a while now that Kid would be the major antagonist there and the main reason for that is because the island thematically represents Kid as a character and his abilities.
In sailing terms a "lodestar" is usually referred to as the "North Star" or "Pole Star" and as we all know a compass always points North due to the Magnetic Field. As we all know Kid’s ability allows him to create magnetic fields around him. Furthermore, the term “lode” literally refers to a collection or vein of metal ore which we know is what Kid uses to attack.
From these two things alone we can see the island is being built around two things, The ‘final’ destination and magnetism (Of course we know that laugh tale is the final destination, but symbolically Lodestar is the “end of the road” kind of island). People may see this as a ‘reach’ but Oda ALWAYS heavily creates antagonists that fit thematically to an arc. Just a few examples:
- The underground broker hidden in the shadows, uses sand abilities, Crocodile in a desert arc (Alabasta)
- A God high up in the skies, uses lightning abilities, Enel in a Sky arc (Skypeia)
- A Gluttonous witch-like queen, uses soul-based abilities, Big Mom in an arc about food and based on European fairy tales (Whole Cake Island)
There’s A LOT more but I don’t want to waste time. You can obviously see how an island based on metal and magnetism would be about Eustass Kid. But even more than that, thematically it fits Kid’s character. The “North Star” (Lodestar) is said to be the brightest star in the night sky (As a saying, its not actually the brightest lol) and what better way to represent that than having the last two supernova’s (Literally some of the brightest explosions in the universe) fight it out at the very end of their adventure, to see who truly is the brightest (Obviously it’s going to be Luffy). Once Luffy wins then their relationship and arc can finally end with Kid acknowledging Luffy and recognizing his own faults. I think Luffy and Kid will always be competitive but their relationship (imo) is supposed to grow as they gain more respect for one another. I HEAVILY doubt that Oda would mention an island like “lodestar” and not visit it or do anything interesting with it.
Also as a side note, I think the previous user of Kid’s devil fruit is what artificially created the random magnetic fields in the grandline which would again add another interesting tidbit to his character. All this to say that, while he doesn’t seem important to you all now, there are MANY MANY things Oda can do with his character and of course I can be wrong but I think it’s a bit disingenuous to say that he’ll be irrelevant after Wano."
Since Nami is the navigator, and since the Log Pose will be tilting around the whole arc (probably influenced by Kidd's magnetism too) her duty will be to overcome it and find the route.

side reason ---> Nami is Kidd's gal :goyea: