One Piece Episode 1002 - A New Rivalry! Nami and Ulti!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 0/5

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
I wonder if KOL will still say the anime is canon when Marco pressures BM in filler lol
so much about Yonko being that much stronger.... well kidd&law are the current proof (both around 1YC)
Post automatically merged:

I remember that back when this chapter dropped Sanji fans were saying he will go to the rooftop only cuz he was running next Luffy.

:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:
:ihaha:
Post automatically merged:

Who is going to tell him :usoprice:
Gosh help me, this guy is a beta :suresure:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Good episode

People may think Luffy is too trusting but remember he does have the ability to read people's emotions with his Observation Haki
after all.

Nami and Usoop make a hilarious duo, Sani asking "Usoop to protect Nami" shows the trust he has in his crew.

I wasn't expecting Apoo to have a higher bounty then Zoro honestly.

Jinbei here for only a few min and Luffy is already strssing him out lmao.

Luffy just casually using future sight in wano just so damn cool to see.
Apoo is so underrated.

No wonder he managed to accomplish such amazing deeds in the arc thus far.

I think it was a pretty good episode overall, but what was most interesting was the bit of filler that was added in Zoro's and Drake's conversation about the side he was on and his identity which was a bit more than what we got in the manga. He obviously can't reveal his true identity, but perhaps the Strawhats will learn about it anyway at some point in the future. Perhaps Post-Win?? [Though he has basically told Zoro in so many words. Cool stuff.]

Their skirmish was cool, but they didn't go all out in the manga to reserve strength for future battles and was portrayed pretty well. There was an interesting lighting effect as their swords clashed--like static or lightning though that couldn't be it. I'm glad that it was cleared up that Zoro WAS using Enma against Drake though. That was pretty cool!

Sanji's comment was dumb and I'm glad Nami called him out especially since Drake didn't even see Nami in the manga, it was some geisha woman. SO!! That was hilarious! On a cooler note the fact that Sanji was added in recognizing Page One, was good. Ancient Zoans are incredibly tough indeed!!

Nami and Usopp are a great team!! It was only the funny bit, but I can't wait to see them again as well as everything that happens in the next episode. It looks pretty. 4/5 here.

Oh also. It was satisfying to see Luffy confirm not once, but twice that Drake could join him and Drake's response on par for his character. He really had his doubts but Luffy with his ability to read emotions is just different!

Edit2: Zoro and Drake versus Apoo was cool too. Their combine attack while not super crazy was nice with them with pretty much voicing the same opinion of Apoo needing to stop doing dumb shit. A funny moment in a way to be sure, but that aside, it's interesting that Drake repeats in the anime that he can't be put down by (machine gun) bullets. Can he just deflect or just dodge like he did?? Or something to do with dino toughness?

I wish Drake would lay more of his cards down. It's frustrating.
Sanji....... Sorry I have to say this but Wtf is the Anime doing when it comes to Sanjis characteristics? Sanji heart eyes is hardly even used in Onigashima canonically.Theres no Sanji gag in this chapter at all but their putting it in anyways. I like gags but not when their filler. What is the purpose of them spamming it?
Theres no way people in Japan like that gag that much . Its not even a Oda thing at this point its a Toei exclusive thing....

Sanji....... Sorry I have to say this but Wtf is the Anime doing when it comes to Sanjis characteristics? Sanji heart eyes is hardly even used in Onigashima canonically.Theres no Sanji gag in this chapter at all but their putting it in anyways. I like gags but not when their filler. What is the purpose of them spamming it?
Theres no way people in Japan like that gag that much . Its not even a Oda thing at this point its a Toei exclusive thing....
Tbh it's not a Sanji only thing, Toei people like adding unecessary filler running gags, sometimes modifying existing scenes