All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• The Pokémon equivalent of the Industrial Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The sewers were overflowing with tons of Zygarde Slime (new Key Item)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Did everyone else finish their game already? I’m at the 5th gym.
Not gonna lie…I got past the third gym and just stopped playing entirely, it’s not enough to hold my interest. Knowing that Legends: Arceus is up next and thinking about how BDSP missed so many opportunities to simply live up to the expectations set by all the other remakes sapped my excitement a lot sooner than I thought it would :christunate:

yep currently at Victory Road/Elite 4

here's my current team. I had Bastidon originally but he was completely dead weight against pretty much anyone so I replaced him with a female Mamoswine which can hopefully deal with Garchomp if she can tank a hit. Also will need to go thru Victory Road completely to evolve Weavile

Loving all the nicknames, but I think it’s HILARIOUS that you didn’t bother with Electivire :milaugh:

Not gonna lie…I got past the third gym and just stopped playing entirely, it’s not enough to hold my interest. Knowing that Legends: Arceus is up next and thinking about how BDSP missed so many opportunities to simply live up to the expectations set by all the other remakes sapped my excitement a lot sooner than I thought it would :christunate:

Loving all the nicknames, but I think it’s HILARIOUS that you didn’t bother with Electivire :milaugh:
found someone thru reddit dm right after i posted that i was looking for an electivire, she was looking for a magby + magmarizer that i had as an exclusive to shining pearl (took me 8 hrs of using thief on magbys which are rare to catch in the underground). basically we got the trade done after that in like 15 min, got him at lv 45 tho so had to not use him until the battle against palkia
Post automatically merged:

also I played Platinum instead of Pearl as a kid since I bought my first DS Lite in 2009 so I'm basically going thru Pearl rn pretty much blind and w/o spoilers on who has what other than obviously Cynthia's Garchomp

also have heard from other people that played the game that this is by far the most difficult elite 4 + champion in the franchise's history so watch out for that like I'll be doing since im now grinding everyone to lv 70 before i rape garchomp XD

unfortunately in BDSP @Jew D. Boy you can't give nicknames to traded pokemon so he's stuck with his regular name :(

I would have named him HereComesDaBOOM or BANGGGGGG!!!

Last edited:
Alakazam has Dazzling Gleam and Gastrodon has Ice Beam so I already have 2 counters for it.
I've been told by friends that beat the game that Garchomp holds a berry that weakens super effective attacks the first time it gets attacked so be careful of that since Alakazam is very frail and Gastrodon is too slow to attack first

bout to go thru the Elite 4 + Cynthia in a few hours... @symbiote @Jew D. Boy plz wish me some good luck yo

I'll update y'all with the results tmrw on whether i got thru or got absolutely murdered the same way I did when I was an 8 yr kid about 78 times (not a false number believe it or not)

yey

gotta wait til Friday to catch a Drifloon before I can enter Survival Area though

@Jew D. Boy was definitely much easier than my run as a kid w/ Platinum where I got raped by Garchomp 20+ times and I never had the money to buy potions

Barry (nicknamed him Cunt with the greek letter "U" to bypass restrictions) really pissed me off though right before the Elite 4 + Champion battle where I had his Staraptor at 1 HP due to a focus sash and was certain that he'd use a full restore since he hadn't used 1 the entire battle after I swept all his other pokemon prior. So I tried to use Avalanche with Weavile thinking that Barry 99.99% (every trainer up to this point would heal at 1 HP in my life of playing pokemon) would heal and Staraptor ended up using Close Combat that obviously killed off my Weavile, and my first death for Weavile since evolving just a few hrs ago >:(

Got his bitch ass back though with my Infernape using a Close Combat on him to end the fight. Fuck that piece of shit no kidding. Back in Platinum I had my Infernape die to Snorlax's Earthquake after living with 1 HP and I haven't forgot that shit since

Everything after that, Elite 4 and all was actually straightforward

Aaron: Infernape and Togekiss took turns destroying everyone

Bertha: Her Water/Ground type Pokemon were extra annoying to deal with since I had no grass type move so i had to cheese thru it with Togekiss' Air Slash over and over

Flint: pretty much destroyed with Floatzel and an occasional Electivire Bulldoze

Lucian: everyone was easy to deal with except Bronzong, who killed off Weavile a 2nd time with Gyro Ball + Trick Room. Had to stall out 6+ turns with healing Floatzel over and over again to stop the cheese and killed it off with Infernape

Cynthia: built my entire team specifically to deal with Garchomp so it went quite well, at least

Spiritomb - thank god dark/ghost are now weak to Fairy so Togekiss took care of it in 1 turn

Gastrodon - another annoying Water/Ground to deal with and had to use Togekiss to deal with it using Air Slash + Dazzling Gleam which kept getting it at 20% HP and Cynthia would keep healing over and over again w/ Full Restores. No lie it took me 20 turns to kill that POS off after finally an Air Slash critical but I only had to take about 20% of dmg

Roserade - completely murdered with Infernape Flare Blitz (also was about to have a Roserade on the team if not for the game only giving away 1 Shiny Stone per game before you beat the Champion)

Lucario - completely murdered with Infernape again with Close Combat

Milotic - Killed in 2 turns using 1 thunderbolt (leaving it to 30% hp this time) and finishing it off with Wild Charge after it used Scald and did nothing

Garchomp - threw in Mamoswine since it could tank a hit better than Weavile and went the risky route of using Avalanche in hopes that my Mamoswine would take a supereffective hit from Garchomp. Lo and behold, Garchomp started off with a Swords Dance and ngl I started celebrating like crazy (in past yrs she would move before I did and completely rape everyone minus Infernape without me being able to use a single attack); Best of all Avalanche (even with her super effective resistant Yache Berry) got it down to basically 1%.
And she tried to use a Full Restore as expected and when I used Ice Shard it also got her down to 1% again. She kept healing w/ Full Restores 6-7 times and I got her down to 1% again and again with Ice Shard XD. finally put Garchomp out of it's misery with a Ice Shard critical hit :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 83

I finally beat the game!!
I actually really enjoyed how challenging the league was, Cynthia nearly kicked my ass lol
Also very surprise to see everyone has held item
My team, nicknames: Gaia, Jack, Ulti, Chiyo
didn't nickname dialga and couldn't nickname magmortar
Dialga is the primary reason it took me this long to beat this game:milaugh:

I actually really enjoyed how challenging the league was, Cynthia nearly kicked my ass lol
I want a Shiny too...
:josad:
Cnythia as always probably great right?
You team looking good.

I lucked out so hard on Cynthia when Garchomp used Swords Dance instead of an attack move on my Mamoswine and I started celebrating like crazy XD. I ended up using Avalanche on Turn 1 and even with a Yache Berry I got Garchomp down to 1% HP and Cynthia kept spamming Full Restores 7-8 turns in a row while I used Ice Shard to get her at 15% HP. Finally put Garchomp out of its misery after a priority critical hit Ice Shard that killed it off even after a Full Restore. My Mamoswin was Lv 71 during this match

everyone else was whooped by my Togekiss and Infernape and I didn't even have to use anyone else, Gastrodon was kinda annoying since I didn't have anyone with a Grass Type move but cheesed my way through it with several Air Slashes (and thank god Spiritomb is now weak to Fairy types)

Compared to the Gen 3 remakes, I really enjoyed the Gen 4 remakes. I'm glad that they made the Elite Four and Cynthia challenging, it took me a few tries to finally defeat Cynthia.
damn a few? At 8 yrs old I lost to Cynthia maybe 30 times since I only had Infernape fast enough to deal with Garchomp back in Platinum but now that I'm much much older, I built my team specifically to take down Garchomp

@EtenBoby also if you're curious I've found the Gym Leader rematches to be significantly harder than Cynthia + Elite 4 tbh. Only had 1 pokemon die during my entire run of Elite 4 + Champion (Weavile to Lucian's Bronzong's Gyro Ball during Trick Room) and I almost got my entire team swept by Roark's Armaldo and Relicanth despite being 8 levels higher (currently all at lv 80+) and I barely lived thanks to the high friendship/Affection Bonus where my pokemon lived with 1 HP; Also had my Lv 80 Weavile completely outsped by all of Fantina's Ghost pokemon (all lv 72 or lower) which was really annoying

Last edited:
damn a few? At 8 yrs old I lost to Cynthia maybe 30 times since I only had Infernape fast enough to deal with Garchomp back in Platinum but now that I'm much much older, I built my team specifically to take down Garchomp
The first time I played Platinum, I defeated Cynthia on my first try although it wasn't easy but in Brilliant Diamond it took me at least three tries to finally defeat her.

The first time I played Platinum, I defeated Cynthia on my first try although it wasn't easy but in Brilliant Diamond it took me at least three tries to finally defeat her.
what was your team for Brilliant Diamond?

my team in Platinum was Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Giratina and Bibarel and it took me crazy amounts of RNG to finally beat Cynthia in 2009 after the 30th+ attempt over several weeks since only Infernape was able to move before Garchomp and everyone else got 1-HKO'd by Garchomp on the first turn. Had to grind my Infernape to lv 85 to finally even take a hit from Garchomp

my current team in Shining Pearl is Infernape, Floatzel, Togekiss, Electivire, Mamoswine and Weavile and this team each of my pokemon had a move to deal with Garchomp in case it was about to do a bullshit sweep on me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 83

I lucked out so hard on Cynthia when Garchomp used Swords Dance instead of an attack move on my Mamoswine and I started celebrating like crazy XD. I ended up using Avalanche on Turn 1 and even with a Yache Berry I got Garchomp down to 1% HP and Cynthia kept spamming Full Restores 7-8 turns in a row while I used Ice Shard to get her at 15% HP. Finally put Garchomp out of its misery after a priority critical hit Ice Shard that killed it off even after a Full Restore. My Mamoswin was Lv 71 during this match
Lol same, every single one of my Pokemon is slower and couldn't one shot garchomp even if they managed to survive an attack, my literal only chance of winning is Roar of Time, and I had to revive Dialga(who got one shot by earthquake lol I thought he's tough enough to take it) and used it when she decided to use swords dance
everyone else was whooped by my Togekiss and Infernape and I didn't even have to use anyone else, Gastrodon was kinda annoying since I didn't have anyone with a Grass Type move but cheesed my way through it with several Air Slashes (an
Although I was sweating the most facing her ace, admittedly I had more trouble with her 2.5 tanks, thankfully I still have leech seed on Torterra
@EtenBoby also if you're curious I've found the Gym Leader rematches to be significantly harder than Cynthia + Elite 4 tbh. Only had 1 pokemon die during my entire run of Elite 4 + Champion (Weavile to Lucian's Bronzong's Gyro Ball during Trick Room) and I almost got my entire team swept by Roark's Armaldo and Relicanth despite being 8 levels higher (currently all at lv 80+) and I barely lived thanks to the high friendship/Affection Bonus where my pokemon lived with 1 HP; Also had my Lv 80 Weavile completely outsped by all of Fantina's Ghost pokemon (all lv 72 or lower) which was really annoying
That's good to hear! Last time I had even the slightest trouble beating Pokemon NPC was ultra necrozma, it's so refreshing to see them using items and strategies!
I'll make a new team Lol