What is King’s real name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garp one shot and beat Chinjao at his own game + destroyed his strongest weapon. Chinjao was definitely not close to top tiers.
Katakuri, despite having lots of impressive skillset, would still not do that much against actual top tiers.

Actually, Luffy needed Udon seacuffs training + Ryuo Lv. 2 to match Kaido a bit better. Even then, it was not enough. Only AdCOC was the reason for Luffy to match Kaido truly better than before.
Garp does not practice busting mountains for High Tiers. Get real.

And again Luffy just needed better Haki vs. Kaido. He was already close to Kaido, just like he was very close to Katakuri pre-FS. Him getting "owned" before is just Oda creating fake hype. Characters don't go from High Tier to matching Kaido 1 v. 1 because of 1 (or 2) powerup.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
They really claimed Queen have the best dura in Beast Pirates lol

In Durability
Queen = Jack

Beast pirates Yc2 and Yc3 are near each other in power lvl
They're all individual characters and you can't really compare different crews that cleanly. Cracker washes Smoothie via feat and Oda didn't separate them at all. Meanwhile, Queen washes Jack by feats and Oda started the arc by telling us Queen is on another level compared to Jack.

I mean, everytime King has shown hybrid form before, it has been without the flames while the opposite in base and Zoan forms.

The spoilers said Zoro observed that King trades durability for speed by putting out his flames. We still don't know the true mechanics behind the gimmick if we're being real.

I guess you can make the argument that Marco's fires dont do that based on him clashing with King in chapter 1022, that's entirely debatable i guess.

Regarding your theory, it sounds good but let's see though. We were given zero information about what happened combat wise this chapter - outside of the named attacks which were used. I guess when we get the long summary it would make sense. I definitely think Zoro cut King down in his most durable form, since it shows that he used a new move entirely - possibly coated in CoC.
I guess you have a point here.

Are there not instances when base/Zoan King didn't have fire on his back either? At least that's what I recall, I could be wrong about this one tho.

At the end, Marco's attack didn't do much - since King had fire on his back which pushed his durability. I always wondered how King tanked Marco's fire attack but bleed from his knee. Perhaps this chapter will give the reason.

In the beginning, I was also quite salty when writing posts in this thread but now that I have a much calmer look at this, I agree with your take that we have to look for further information. As people mentioned, Lance wouldn't give this chapter a 200/10 only because of King's face reveal I guess. I still hope we might see a COC clash or the battle continues (which I'll keep my expectations rather low tho). It also depends if King was on Full Zoan mode at the end as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.