What is King’s real name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as much as you think in that chapter vs what Zoro got in 1033. But you are right about the 2nd part. I did a quick comparison between the fights and dedicated focus for each (I count the multiple hit skirmishes as 1 attack btw, also some non-named attacks to make it fair).

Sanji vs Queen:

- 1015: 5 pages; 1 attack from Sanji, none from Queen

- 1017: 3 pages; 1 attack from Sanji, none from
Queen, went hybrid

- 1019: 1 page; no attacks from Sanji, 1 from Queen

- 1022: 3 pages; 2 attacks from Sanji, none from Queen

- 1023: 3 pages: 2 attacks from Sanji, 2 from Queen

- 1028: 9 pages; 1 attack from Sanji, 5 from Queen

- 1029: 3 pages; no attacks from Sanji, 1 from Queen

- 1031: 6 pages; 1 attack from Sanji, none from Queen

- 1033: 1 page; No attacks from either

- 1034: 14 pages; 12 attacks from Sanji (10 are part of his Ifrit Jambe barrage), 5 attacks from Queen

Zoro vs King:

- 1022: 3 pages; 1 attack from Zoro, 1 from King

- 1023: 5 pages; 2 attacks from Zoro, 2 from King

- 1027: 6 pages; 2 attacks from Zoro, 3 from King

- 1031: 2 pages; 1 attack from Zoro, 1 from King

- 1032: 7 pages; 3 attacks from Zoro, 3 from King

- 1033: 15 pages; 2 attacks from Zoro, 5 from King

- 1035: assumedly 14-15 pages (if 17 page chapter, 1 is the cover story, and at least 1 page is Queen's defeat), at least 3 attacks from Zoro, and at least 1 from King (there will be more)

Summary:

- Sanji vs Queen: 48 pages (3 chapters exactly worth), 20 attacks from Sanji (but again 10 of those are the last 2 pages of Ifrit Jambe), 14 from Queen.

- Zoro vs King: 52-53 pages (3.5 chapters roughly), at least 14 attacks from Zoro, at least 15 from King

So while these look similar, again remember that most of Sanji's attacks were the last 3 pages. In reality, he has less than Zoro, even though his fight started earlier and he threw at least 3 attacks (only one named) before Zoro came back in.

But Zoro already got at least 1 full dedicated chapter (1033) before this chapter. Sanji did not get this, it was split around alot. So it's understandable I guess.

The main issue here is Zoro has less chapters Vs. King, yet had more pages/content. This means that the fight is in fact more focused and not split around, unlike Sanji vs Queen
did you include also the running, drama subplot or only fighting panels?

It's not as much as you think in that chapter vs what Zoro got in 1033. But you are right about the 2nd part. I did a quick comparison between the fights and dedicated focus for each (I count the multiple hit skirmishes as 1 attack btw, also some non-named attacks to make it fair).

Sanji vs Queen:

Queen, went hybrid

- 1034: 14 pages; 12 attacks from Sanji (10 are part of his Ifrit Jambe barrage), 5 attacks from Queen

Zoro vs King:

- 1035: assumedly 14-15 pages (if 17 page chapter, 1 is the cover story, and at least 1 page is Queen's defeat), at least 3 attacks from Zoro, and at least 1 from King (there will be more)

Summary:

- Sanji vs Queen: 48 pages (3 chapters exactly worth), 20 attacks from Sanji (but again 10 of those are the last 2 pages of Ifrit Jambe), 14 from Queen.

- Zoro vs King: 52-53 pages (3.5 chapters roughly), at least 14 attacks from Zoro, at least 15 from King

So while these look similar, again remember that most of Sanji's attacks were the last 3 pages. In reality, he has less than Zoro, even though his fight started earlier and he threw at least 3 attacks (only one named) before Zoro came back in.

But Zoro already got at least 1 full dedicated chapter (1033) before this chapter. Sanji did not get this, it was split around alot. So it's understandable I guess.

The main issue here is Zoro has less chapters Vs. King, yet had more pages/content. This means that the fight is in fact more focused and not split around, unlike Sanji vs Queen
Overall i agree

But Queen ignored Sanji until 1022. Sanji was there trying to annoy him basically

The real battle started on 1023, when Zoro gets up to fight. Thats why it feels weird

So why Oda gave adv.coc to Zoro's ? why zoro's previous attacks failed ? It's not because you can figure it you can do it.

Are you comparing adv.coc with ryou ? if even zoro was struggling, why others who have less AP can do it ?
How else are we going to insert basic CoA characters in the discussion if we don't pretend that Zoro isn't using a whole new sword style using CoC coating? :virusprot:

Sanji vs Queen:

Queen, went hybrid

Zoro vs King:

Summary:

Thats why Zoro's fight feels more better than Sanji's. Since its focused on the fight more reader doesnt need to read the next chapter just to get few pages of the fight. Thats why i prefer if Oda focus on the fight until he finishes it.

Its better to have 2 chapter of a fight with no breaks rather than 5 chapter fight with breaks.

Yamato tanked Kaido’s advCoC attacks it’s not too insane. Not to mention he was taken down in the same chapter that Zoro started using it. Let alone wci G4 was still powerful af it was never something to look down on.
Not named attacks only TB and Yamato used a technique to "block" it + Yamato has Kaido's genes and a mythical devil fruit she is a tank and stronger than the lowly son Kata is not tanking Zoro's adv COC attacks

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
You mean the guy who could tank G4 hits can’t take regular onigiri? Where? In zoro piece!!
The strongest character a Kong Gun has one-shot is a Number.
The strongest character a Rengoku Onigiri has one-shot is Killer.

You wanna vastly underestimate Zoro's Attack potency and the lethality factor? Be my guest.

You don't need ACoC. However you do need similar levels of AP, comparable to ACoC Zoro.
Well see, I feel like Zoro probably finished him off while Kings flames were fully active because that just seems like Zoros style tbh. But there are people like Katakuri who are able to take advantage of the short time when Kings durability is at its lowest.

Status
Not open for further replies.