My only problem with Marvel movies is not the films.
It's the 20+ year old fans that insist these movies are more than just a mass cheap entertainment products.
Enjoy the film and be happy.
Don't like it? Watch something else.

I hate "hurr durr I only watch some foreigner movie that no one ever heard of" as much as I hate "Marvel films are peak movie making".
Don't think anybody said that tbh.

God Ward

Back When They Called Us Devils
MCU is the highest critically rated and most consistent franchise out there, especially for the number of films it has. This is discounting box office success.

Now, if you were talking about DC and its largely inconsistent set of films with barely any direction or priority, then I'd agree with you
Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good :whitepress:
DC or Marvel, it's all mediocre trash

It's the 20+ year old fans that insist these movies are more than just a mass cheap entertainment products.

I hate "hurr durr I only watch some foreigner movie that no one ever heard of" as much as I hate "Marvel films are peak movie making".
I never said Marvel Movies are peak movie making lmao, that's far from the truth.

I just defend them from people that say they are trash, that is also far from the truth IMO.

The One Piece formula is basically the same plot with a different Kingdom / Princess / Villain every time.

Then you get a few different arcs where you get a War, like Marineford (you know... like Infinity War / Endgame)

or you get an arc where the Straw Hats fight among themselves (you know... like Civil War)

:kayneshrug:

If you can't tell how One Piece is just the same fucking thing, i'm sorry to say.

:gokulaugh:
Not even remotely the same, Marvel doesn't really have any good plot twists, absolutely everything is super predictable, they're only good movies are movies which aren't trying to be serious, Deadpool for example is good fun

I like marvel films but they arent cinema,
Marvel is like an amusement park, you hop on a ride but you already know how its ending.

I miss movies like The Godfather, Taxi Driver etc etc

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good :whitepress:
DC or Marvel, it's all mediocre trash
It doesn't need to be "OMG WHAT A FUCKING BRILLIANT FILM! ONLY A VISIONARY DIRECTOR COULD HAVE CREATED THIS. WHAT STELLAR PERFORMANCES BY THESE ACTORS"

It's fun. It's easily "rewatchable" and that's all Disney cares.
While y'all are at each others throats whether these films are TOP TIER STORYTELLING or WHAT A BUNCH OF SHITLOAD, Mickey Mouse is like: "give me money, bitches".

I like marvel films but they arent cinema,
Marvel is like an amusement park

I miss movies like The Godfather, Taxi Driver etc etc
Oh stop this dumb Scorsese garbage. He's 100% wrong with that statement. All films are art and cinema. Funny thing is as time has gone on, Feige has LET directors, writers, and cinematographers all produce the film THEY want to make with the themes THEY want to convey. This didn't happen prior to 2016 because the creative committee ruined shit all the time.