Character Discussion How will Zoro become king of hell?

The Japanese word for hell ๅœฐ็„ shares the same pronunciation as the word for high ranking samurai ไพๆฅต. So Zoro could have been indirectly saying he wants to be king of the samurai.

Alternatively, Oni serve under the king of the underworld Enma, so Zoro couldโ€™ve been announcing his intention to dominate Kaido. Plausible since heโ€™s been talking about it this whole time.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
The Japanese word for hell ๅœฐ็„ shares the same pronunciation as the word for high ranking samurai ไพๆฅต. So Zoro could have been indirectly saying he wants to be king of the samurai.

Alternatively, Oni serve under the king of the underworld Enma, so Zoro couldโ€™ve been announcing his intention to dominate Kaido. Plausible since heโ€™s been talking about it this whole time.
Adding on, hell in japanese is interpreted as housing various regions/planes, hot and cold, similar to Wano. Wano itself has been compared to hell on earth, so Zoro claiming he'll be "King of Hell" could be interpreted as him reclaiming Wano, which would mean slaying the one that currently rules it. Which could mean Zoro is taking back what he said about leaving things to only Luffy when it comes to Kaido. This is his mission as a Samurai of Wano, and what Enma yearns for.

He already is. Itโ€™s a self gifted title. Thereโ€™s no such a thing in reality nor is there anyone perusing its path like the PK. Itโ€™s the same dark king and sniper king.

I think it's interesting to look at the word used for "hell"

Zoro uses Jigoku when referring to being the King of Hell
Hiyori uses Jigoku to describe Wano
Kid and Beast Pirates used Jigoku when describing Kaido and Big Mom

I think word use is interesting because Zoro doesn't use en, naraku, or any other word which describes hell. It's even more interesting when you realize Zoro uses En-O for his technique, but use Jigoku no O for his epithet. Which mean there is a deliberate reason behind his choice of words.
:kayneshrug:

I think it's interesting to look at the word used for "hell"

Zoro uses Jigoku when referring to being the King of Hell
Hiyori uses Jigoku to describe Wano
Kid and Beast Pirates used Jigoku when describing Kaido and Big Mom

I think word use is interesting because Zoro doesn't use en, naraku, or any other word which describes hell. It's even more interesting when you realize Zoro uses En-O for his technique, but use Jigoku no O for his epithet. Which mean there is a deliberate reason behind his choice of words.
:kayneshrug: