Questions & Mysteries Did Whole Cake Island Arc make you hate Sanji?

Am I the only one that hated Sanji due to whole cake island arc and how he treated Luffy and gave him wet food that he intended to give someone else and gave Luffy the food because the minor rejected him.
Because of the food? No

Sanji was worried about making the crew doomed over his family issues, and he wanted to sacrifice himself to make sure no harm came to them by convincing them to leave. I would probably do the same

I think making him a Robin was kinda shitty even though it made sense. Like... after dealing with Nami and Robin you'd think he'd be self aware in that situation, but then again there weren't many options on the table.

A big part of Sanji for me is that he's not Zoro or Luffy. He'll give up the seas for a reason he finds fitting and that's what he did, for several reasons. In the end he made up for it in his own way, again even if the idea of feeding Big Mom is sensible but shitty

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Am I the only one that hated Sanji due to whole cake island arc and how he treated Luffy and gave him wet food that he intended to give someone else and gave Luffy the food because the minor rejected him.
Dude. There's a scene of kid Sanji taking food during the rain to his sick Mom, but he's attacked and the food gets ruined and wet.
Even then she eats it and appreciates his gesture, since his food was made with love and care. Sora was a beacon of light during Sanji's dark childhood.

Then Oda decides to mirror that by making Luffy eat it this time. Sanji had prepared something for Pudding, but, without thinking about it, he ended up cooking the favorite meals of the SH's. In the end Luffy finds it delicious because he really values Sanji's food prepared with love and care for his crewmates.

It is supposed to highlight Luffy and the SH's as the same beacon of hope for Sanji's dark predicament as his mother once was.
Wth is wrong with that?

Dude. There's a scene of kid Sanji taking food during the rain to his sick Mom, but he's attacked and the food gets ruined and wet.
Even then she eats it and appreciates his gesture, since his food was made with love and care. Sora was a beacon of light during Sanji's dark childhood.

Then Oda decides to mirror that by making Luffy eat it this time. Sanji had prepared something for Pudding, but, without thinking about it, he ended up cooking the favorite meals of the SH's. In the end Luffy finds it delicious because he really values Sanji's food prepared with love and care for his crewmates.

It is supposed to highlight Luffy and the SH's as the same beacon of hope for Sanji's dark predicament as his mother once was.
Wth is wrong with that?
the problem was not that the food was wet, it was that he made the food for someone else and would have abandoned luffy if he did not find out that she would have betrayed him

Doggo

Besides, when the Sanji vs Luffy stuff happened, at the time Sanji was just thinking he would be forced to marry Pudding and that's it.
At that time, Pudding was the beacon of hope for Sanji in all that mess.
Once he learned the truth about her and that he and his family would be assassinated during the wedding, shit just collapsed.
His first instinct is go back to Luffy.
Again, wth is wrong with all of this?

I understand being annoyed at a Robin 2.0 situation, but just because these are similar, doesn't mean one is good while the other is bad.
Besides, Robin was chased as cast away due to being something she wasn't, which was some "demon that shouldn't have been born".
While Sanji was cast away by his family due to being EXACTLY what he was. A kind and normal kid. They are fundamentally different situations.

So you hate Sanji for his decisions among so many things but thinks Luffy's decisions, mind you, the Captain's decisions, are just totally fine?

Honestly thats a biiig mistake

And you can argue the same for other moments in OP

Sanji himself gave Luffy the reasons why he couldn't go back to the crew like everything was just fine, the same reasons Zoro would probably give (thats for Ztards who love to go ahead of their minds in that matter), and what did Luffy do?

He punched Sanji in the face, he basically punched Zoro here, cuz he doesn't care about anything

Even Brook knew it all
Thats everything you need to understand

Doggo

the problem was not that the food was wet, it was that he made the food for someone else and would have abandoned luffy if he did not find out that she would have betrayed him
Thing is. He tried to cut the ties definitely with the SH's.
He even hit his captain. Something that should be unforgivable and be the end of it. EVEN THEN Luffy saw through the facade and realized Sanji was the one suffering alone.
The decision to stay was Luffy's and Luffy alone. Not saying Luffy is dumb or anything. I think Luffy did exactly what he should do.
But during that moment, Sanji was under threat from Judge. What do you think would happen if Yonji went to attack Luffy like he said he was going to? Luffy was gonna destroy the Vinsmokes and then they would give the order to kill off Zeff. The Vinsmokes can pass through the Red Line EASILY and travel to the East Blue much faster than the SH's.

Oda made sure that there was always a price too high to pay ot justify these events. I really, REALLY don't see what's the matter narratively with that plot.

Lmao what?
So you just completely missed the point of this scene calling back to Sanji giving his mom food and her saying it was delicious despite it being bad…

lmao I thought I was the only one that caught that
Thank u for making this thread and exposing the truth
Post automatically merged:

Thing is. He tried to cut the ties definitely with the SH's.
He even hit his captain. Something that should be unforgivable and be the end of it. EVEN THEN Luffy saw through the facade and realized Sanji was the one suffering alone.
The decision to stay was Luffy's and Luffy alone. Not saying Luffy is dumb or anything. I think Luffy did exactly what he should do.
But during that moment, Sanji was under threat from Judge. What do you think would happen if Yonji went to attack Luffy like he said he was going to? Luffy was gonna destroy the Vinsmokes and then they would give the order to kill off Zeff. The Vinsmokes can pass through the Red Line EASILY and travel to the East Blue much faster than the SH's.

Oda made sure that there was always a price too high to pay ot justify these events. I really, REALLY don't see what's the matter narratively with that plot.
Sanji just ass
He should’ve died for the strawhats to progress

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Yup, can never see the character the same way again. For the sake of theatrics Oda destroyed his character.
-Man acted like all of pretimeskip (specifically AP, Enies Lobby) didn't happen, acting like Luffy would just walk out of WCI without his East Blue comrade
-Falling for BM spouting bullshit at him ("no way you'll let Luffy go? How kind of you!").
-To top it off he was a damsel in distress, crying outside of a 16 year old's bedroom
-And perhaps the worst of it all, the same dude who was willing to ignore innocent children being drugged back on PH suddenly became this "nicest guy" who wanted to risk getting his crewmates killed to save his psycho rapist siblings (all while sobbing like a little bitch).

Good job Oda, #yearofSanji

Yup, can never see the character the same way again. For the sake of theatrics Oda destroyed his character.
-Man acted like all of pretimeskip (specifically AP, Enies Lobby) didn't happen, acting like Luffy would just walk out of WCI without his East Blue comrade
-Falling for BM spouting bullshit at him ("no way you'll let Luffy go? How kind of you!").
-To top it off he was a damsel in distress, crying outside of a 16 year old's bedroom
-And perhaps the worst of it all, the same dude who was willing to ignore innocent children being drugged back on PH suddenly became this "nicest guy" who wanted to risk getting his crewmates killed to save his psycho rapist siblings (all while sobbing like a little bitch).

Low IQ analysis

Proceeds to cook for meme and give her strenght back
Won t even use poison like Bege wanted