Speculations Why Coby might defeat Boa Hancock

Is Fishman Island a person?
Guess Poseidon wasn't afraid of BM because Luffy told him he would protect the island right? And Jinbei was still working to her so nothing would happen. Is easy to talk like that, is not like he would actually fight BM, he didn't even fought Hody.

Different from Poseidon, Amazon Lilly's protection is 100% on Boa Hancock. So she knows very well that she would be the only to take the big guys in a potential invasion. Poseidon isn't protecting a shit, he has Luffy and Jinbei.
Meant to say fishman island luffy wasn't afraid of bigmom. So your point of whoms afraid and who isnt does not hold weight.

Pretimeskip luffy wasn't afraid of the admirals does that mean he stood a chance? No.

Again that's cap since don chinjo also had coc. And yet we couldnt scale him that high. Boa who has shown less feats than him can't be scaled that high especially when her clout isn't as huge as doffy or mihawk
Luffy's influence wasn't as huge as Doffy and still he beated him.
Don Chinjao potential was ruined by Garp. GARP.

Doffy is surrounded by people strong enough to defeat his country. Don Chinjao is someway similar.

Only Mihawk is a true beast potential just like Hancock.
Post automatically merged:

Meant to say fishman island luffy wasn't afraid of bigmom. So your point of whoms afraid and who isnt does not hold weight.

Pretimeskip luffy wasn't afraid of the admirals does that mean he stood a chance? No.
Oh, okay. Luffy's statement are meaningless since is just Oda hyping up for no reason since he is getting one-shotted.

Luffy's influence wasn't as huge as Doffy and still he beated him.
Don Chinjao potential was ruined by Garp. GARP.

Doffy is surrounded by people strong enough to defeat his country. Don Chinjao is someway similar.

Only Mihawk is a true beast potential just like Hancock.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, okay. Luffy's statement are meaningless since is just Oda hyping up for no reason since he is getting one-shotted.
Luffys influence was huge since going into the timeskip people were disguised as his crew to gain fame. Added with the fact that the world now knew he was the son of dragon.

His head was ruined nothing more. His potential (if he had it) should have still allowed him to develop advanced coc etc and uses punches instead. He did not so nothing suggests he would have had it even if he had his long pin head.

Yes doffy is surrounded by strong people. Boa is not. Which suggests she will have to overly protect which puts her in danger. Doffy crew alone is wrecking boas village if they were to show up

Luffys influence was huge since going into the timeskip people were disguised as his crew to gain fame. Added with the fact that the world now knew he was the son of dragon.

His head was ruined nothing more. His potential (if he had it) should have still allowed him to develop advanced coc etc and uses punches instead. He did not so nothing suggests he would have had it even if he had his long pin head.

Yes doffy is surrounded by strong people. Boa is not. Which suggests she will have to overly protect which puts her in danger. Doffy crew alone is wrecking boas village if they were to show up
Luffy had no influence. People after timeskip are still looking down on him. Katakuri is the only one on whole One Piece that is seeing Luffy as a real threat.

Chinjao got wrecked by Garp similar how Kaido is doing to Tobiroppo. That's why he couldn't unleash his potential.

My point is that Doffy relying on strong people on his side while Mihawk and Hancock are not put them above him.
Similar to Krieg monstruous fleet back at East Blue.

Luffy had no influence. People after timeskip are still looking down on him. Katakuri is the only one on whole One Piece that is seeing Luffy as a real threat.

Chinjao got wrecked by Garp similar how Kaido is doing to Tobiroppo. That's why he couldn't unleash his potential.

My point is that Doffy relying on strong people on his side while Mihawk and Hancock are not put them above him.
Similar to Krieg monstruous fleet back at East Blue.
Again that's cap.

Luffy relies on zoro who is stronger than laws and kidds whole crew. Does that make luffy weaker than kidd? No. Luffys relies on his cook whom is stronger than kidds crew? Does that make him weaker? No.

Is shanks weaker than boa since he relies on a crew that is far superior than hers? No so stop the bs.

Again that's cap.

Luffy relies on zoro who is stronger than laws and kidds whole crew. Does that make luffy weaker than kidd? No. Luffys relies on his cook whom is stronger than kidds crew? Does that make him weaker? No.

Is shanks weaker than boa since he relies on a crew that is far superior than hers? No so stop the bs.
Different things. We are comparing Shichibukais not Supernovas.

Yet, I could argue that Luffy made an alliance with Law only. So 3 supernovas. While Kid made an alliance with Apoo and Hawkins. 4 Supernovas.

Again, compare Yonko with other Yonkos. Shanks is weaker than BM and Kaido by having a balanced crew. Teach is weaker than everybody for relying on DF for every member of his crew(at least seems like that is what he is doing). That supports my statement of BM being stronger than Kaido since her commanders are a jokes except for Cracker. WB is pretty much similar to her, jokes as commanders(Ace hahahaha) while Roger had pretty much stronger crew (Rayleigh and Gaban which should be Rayleigh level).
My only lost point is probably Rocks but it could be explained by betrayal plot I guess... not I can't.

Different things. We are comparing Shichibukais not Supernovas.

Yet, I could argue that Luffy made an alliance with Law only. So 3 supernovas. While Kid made an alliance with Apoo and Hawkins. 4 Supernovas.

Again, compare Yonko with other Yonkos. Shanks is weaker than BM and Kaido by having a balanced crew. Teach is weaker than everybody for relying on DF for every member of his crew(at least seems like that is what he is doing). That supports my statement of BM being stronger than Kaido since her commanders are a jokes except for Cracker. WB is pretty much similar to her, jokes as commanders(Ace hahahaha) while Roger had pretty much stronger crew (Rayleigh and Gaban which should be Rayleigh level).
My only lost point is probably Rocks but it could be explained by betrayal plot I guess... not I can't.
Ok let's compare warlords. It's already been established that in onepiece that the strongest are the ones who attract other strong people to follow them. This was stated by mihawk. This is something that boa has not done since no credible or strong person follows her.

Last edited:
If Coby wants to become an admiral and rival to Luffy, he should already be beating the likes of Hancock.
The likes of Hancock :milaugh:
Hancock is a Yonko commander level fighter and one of the few confirmed conquerors amongst the Shichibukai and if Stampede is anything to go by her base stats are pretty damn disgusting, not even considering her df hax.
As impressive as Coby's growth is, he isn't taking out someone of that calibre. I wouldn't even back Smoker to take out Hancock much less Coby. He'd prolly put up a decent fight but nah, she's too high a bar for him imo.

Anyways my thoughts on their PLs aside. There is just no way Hancock is gonna get captured by Coby given her history with the WG as a slave. Plus the fact that Sabo has most likely already been captured by the WG makes it even less likely that she'd be captured for the reason of forcing Luffy into conflict with the WG. Lastly, we already know that Coby and Hancock are Luffy's biggest Stans 🤣and Hancock quite literally has a massive portrait of Luffy on the walls of Amazon Lily so yh, not gonna happen.

Last edited:
Hancock is a Yonko commander level fighter and one of the few confirmed conquerors amongst the Shichibukai and if Stampede is anything to go by her base stats are pretty damn disgusting, not even considering her df hax.
As impressive as Coby's growth is, he isn't taking out someone of that calibre. I wouldn't even back Smoker to take out Hancock much less Coby. He prolly put up a decent fight nah, she's too high a bar for him imo.
In One Piece, characters can become MUCH stronger in just one arc. In the last arc, Luffy barely fought with general of Yonko, and now he is already fighting on equal terms with the strongest in the world. We haven't seen Cobi for a long time, I wouldn't be surprised if he's almost or even at the admiral level now. After all, the end of manga is near.

In One Piece, characters can become MUCH stronger in just one arc. In the last arc, Luffy barely fought with general of Yonko, and now he is already fighting on equal terms with the strongest in the world. We haven't seen Cobi for a long time, I wouldn't be surprised if he's almost or even at the admiral level now. After all, the end of manga is near.
There seems to be this notion that bcoz Coby's dream is to become an Admiral he has to be close to it before the series ends but that doesn't necessarily have to be the case imo. OP follows Luffy's story and his journey to become the PK together with his nakama, Coby is not a co-protagonist neither is he a secondary protagonist like the rest of the SHs (i.e. Luffy's nakama). He's a side character that was influenced by the main character. His dream is not really that important in the context of Luffy's journey to the Pirate King title. Granted Coby's important enough that we'd most likely see him achieve his dream at some point just for that feel good moment, but that can always happen in the epilogue of OP which could be several years after Luffy becomes the PK.

Last edited:
Because it would dive into the atrocities of the world government. It would cause a rift between luffy and coby especially if he was the one that captured her. It would give luffy the chance to save boa thus even furthering her infatuation with him. I can go on
This is not going to happen because you cannot fit a battle against Coby in the current time line. It can only happen during epilogue past Imu's sama defeat, and by then it doesn't fit either to have grudge because of boa.