Status
Not open for further replies.
So reading the whole pair thing. If you pair dies you gain the ability to travel the abyss in a way for free. So whats stopping the someone from the pair from killing his pair after gaining his trust or smth like that? Or wanting to get a pair that is most likely gonna die fast so you gain benefits?

I don't see downsides in getting rid of your pair

D

Dragomir

We don't know if you're town, though. So giving yourself only 2 options in that reply seemed like you were forcing a false dichotomy for yourself when it comes to reads.
Ultra asked me how long I see myself living. I answered that question from my perspective. I understand that in everyone else's perspective, me living long could mean I'm scum, but why would I list that as an option for myself? That doesn't make any sense. Again, I know I am town so me living long because I'm scum is not an option for me.

It also just sounds really weird to say. "If I live long, it could also mean I'm scum. But that's from your perspective though, not mine cause I know I'm town. Just wanted to let you know."

What townie says that? I'd honestly suspect someone if they answered Ultra's question like that.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
β€Ž
So reading the whole pair thing. If you pair dies you gain the ability to travel the abyss in a way for free. So whats stopping the someone from the pair from killing his pair after gaining his trust or smth like that? Or wanting to get a pair that is most likely gonna die fast so you gain benefits?

Getting rid of your pair as scum means that you've effectively given a townie the rights to keep posting until you're alive. You're just low grade vanilla tbh.

For scum to dwindle the activity in the day phase, they'd have to get rid of both the players in a pair. Meaning scum-scum pairs would benefit scum more.

For cult, yeah, it's a different scenario.

Pair with me and let’s kill each other
Fuck the algorithms

Getting rid of your pair as scum means that you've effectively given a townie the rights to keep posting until you're alive. You're just low grade vanilla tbh.
And the trade of is you get to travel the abyss for free kinda. Artefacts could potentially be more powerful that a quazi vanilla

For scum to dwindle the activity in the day phase, they'd have to get rid of both the players in a pair. Meaning scum-scum pairs would benefit scum more.
Scum-Scum is terrible. Scum would WANT their pair to die fast so they can travel the abyss and gain more power

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
β€Ž
Ultra asked me how long I see myself living. I answered that question from my perspective. I understand that in everyone else's perspective, me living long could mean I'm scum, but why would I list that as an option for myself? That doesn't make any sense. Again, I know I am town so me living long because I'm scum is not an option for me.

It also just sounds really weird to say. "If I live long, it could also mean I'm scum. But that's from your perspective though, not mine cause I know I'm town. Just wanted to let you know."

What townie says that? I'd honestly suspect someone if they answered Ultra's question like that.
No. When Ultra asked you that question, just giving him the answer that your longevity would be dependent on your performance would have been enough.

Your two options were kinda redundant because it appeals to lazy players and makes them gut town read you in this case.

D

Dragomir

No. When Ultra asked you that question, just giving him the answer that your longevity would be dependent on your performance would have been enough.

Your two options were kinda redundant because it appeals to lazy players and makes them gut town read you in this case.
Don't really think it's that deep but okay.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
β€Ž
And the trade of is you get to travel the abyss for free kinda. Artefacts could potentially be more powerful that a quazi vanilla

Scum-Scum is terrible. Scum would WANT their pair to die fast so they can travel the abyss and gain more power
Definitely can see this happening. Was on everyone's mind before too. The pairs thing is really fun this way lol.

Definitely can see this happening. Was on everyone's mind before too. The pairs thing is really fun this way lol.
Hell thinking about it more doesn't matter which faction anyone that read the opening thread would want their partner offed fast.

I don't see any benefits in partner being alive, i don't see you get a private PM or smth of sorts. I only see the part of death there being a reward. Likewise i don't see it being mandatory? Will nova RNG pairs?

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
β€Ž
Hell thinking about it more doesn't matter which faction anyone that read the opening thread would want their partner offed fast.

I don't see any benefits in partner being alive, i don't see you get a private PM or smth of sorts. I only see the part of death there being a reward. Likewise i don't see it being mandatory? Will nova RNG pairs?
The OP says this:
During D0, each player must find a partner for the rest of the game.
So you must find a partner by the end of this 40-hour day 0. Otherwise I think Nova will RNG the pairs from the remaining players who haven't found a partner.

D

Dragomir

It's mandatory.
During D0, each player must find a partner for the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.