Man after all the hype that was surrounding the last chapter I was so disappointed when it finally came out. They were hyping that shit up as if it were going to be the best piece of art to touch fiction and would be some sort of miracle work from Oda, but in reality it was just a goofy drunk Kaido fight with two chapters of the Gorosei. The raid hasn't really been the greatest for me and I've been waiting for things to finally turn around, but now as this fight seems to reach its conclusion I'm thinking none of that will happen.
Kind of ties into Morj's whole philosophy of a lack of tension in this arc. One thing he states though is that Wano needs a "low" point, but is something like that really needed to make an arc? I know Dressrosa might not have been the best arc ever, but I found it fairly entertaining and enjoyable with some great writing overall, and yet there was nothing of the sort that Luffy had to face if I recall correctly. He had a one and done showdown with Doffy and defeated him fairly quickly. Does Morj conveniently ignore this or is there a justification for this?