Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta be honest here, I'm very much in the thought process that Kaido and Big Mom are being defeated here. HOWEVER, Oda drawing scenes like this seems to tease the idea that the Rocks threat is entirely not central to just Wano:

Outwardly, they ARE talking about Kaido and BM. However, both are legitimately about to be defeated in Wano. And if that is the case, then why hype this as if it's some looming future threat when they are being resolved in the same arc?

Why hype Rocks this way of he's just a flashback character? Why would Oda have Akainu talk about this like the threat of Rocks is only going to be 1 part of a bigger issue the Marines are dealing with. Does this "threat" just magically disappear with BM and Kaido being defeated?

I think not, but it's a question of what some future characters do (Shiki, Weevil, Blackbeard, maybe Shanks) that tie into this and potentially even Rocks himself.
Blackbeard inherited the will of Xebec

Blackbeard inherited the will of Xebec
Yes, maybe, but I feel it goes deeper than that. You don't tease this character/group without it really meaning something to them specifically. Maybe BB makes his own Rocks group with other silver medalists (maybe this is how Oda repurposes Douglas Bullet or Tesoro or Z if they were ever canonized like Shiki), but I feel it still doesn't really apply to hiding Rocks as a character himself.

It also doesn't really align with the Lurking Legend thing involving Whitebeard. Unless Blackbeard just falls under another alias as Rocks and is him, beyond his inherited will.

I gotta be honest here, I'm very much in the thought process that Kaido and Big Mom are being defeated here. HOWEVER, Oda drawing scenes like this seems to tease the idea that the Rocks threat is entirely not central to just Wano:

Outwardly, they ARE talking about Kaido and BM. However, both are legitimately about to be defeated in Wano. And if that is the case, then why hype this as if it's some looming future threat when they are being resolved in the same arc?

Why hype Rocks this way of he's just a flashback character? Why would Oda have Akainu talk about this like the threat of Rocks is only going to be 1 part of a bigger issue the Marines are dealing with. Does this "threat" just magically disappear with BM and Kaido being defeated?

I think not, but it's a question of what some future characters do (Shiki, Weevil, Blackbeard, maybe Shanks) that tie into this and potentially even Rocks himself.
I think it’ll be about Oda bringing back rocks through the BB pirates.

I’m more interested in Fujitoras connection to rox because his reaction seems lowkey like that of fear. And with his age he was probably a young man during Rox’s era

Most Law fans are like Law himself, calm and unbothered.. until you get in their faces with asanine bait comments like these.

Law should get a W, but we’ve been burned by Oda before.
I saw some Kidd fans in this very thread said that next chapter Law gonna get defeat for Kidd to have a 1v1 vs Big Mom, this seems to be pretty asinine to me but I saw no reaction or rebuttal for it:kayneshrug:

@ArturCantSpeakJapanese , @Paperchampion23 , @Lifeismeh
The whole Shiki debate is very interesting, I agree overall with what you guys said.
What I found interesting is the way how the Toei boss and Oda himself hype the end of wano.
I get the feeling like something going to happen which shocking the whole fandom,something which is unexpected, a big twist.
Overall I wouldn´t be surprise if Shiki shows up or if Robin really got caught off.

G

Gorosei Informer

Hmm, never thought about Fukurokuju being the possible reason Orochi is alive, always thought it was his powers.

Fuku is a weird character. Is Orochi's lapdog, but I question why tbh. There is a reason both he and Orochi are still relevant most definitely.
Yeah, Oda is definitely setting something up important for them. I was on the Orochi's DF is keeping him coming back from death train as I was extremely hyped for his DF (RIP me as an Okami fan too especially) and Orochi's fruit is a Mythical Zoan that we don't even know it's special abilities and why it's supposed to be so rare, powerful and such. Given what it's based on and what we've seen from MZ's it should be amazing at least, but I really don't know what Oda is doing.

I'm turbo coping that Oda is saving Denjiro for a true fight against Orochi, where Denjiro actually gets to fight and do something and Orochi's DF actually is impressive and isn't one shot immediately!

:kaidowhat::kidwat::nicagesmile::jackcopium:

Well, it's a progression chapter which is to be expected given the big reveal from last chapter. As a chapter, it won't be much aside from a depiction of the things that are happening but surely, it'll be a great anime episode.

I think it’ll be about Oda bringing back rocks through the BB pirates.

I’m more interested in Fujitoras connection to rox because his reaction seems lowkey like that of fear. And with his age he was probably a young man during Rox’s era
They all were young, yeah.

Off topic: I also want to reiterate here that Akainu and Fujitora are still on the same side and Fuji clearly still will be a future enemy. He's telling him to trust in the SSG, which clearly is a future looming threat under Vegapunk. A lot of people here like to discount Zoro fighting Fuji because of this, but they clearly are working together still and will be into the endgame. They just have ideological differences.

The whole Shiki debate is very interesting, I agree overall with what you guys said.
What I found interesting is the way how the Toei boss and Oda himself hype the end of wano.
I get the feeling like something going to happen which shocking the whole fandom,something which is unexpected, a big twist.
Overall I wouldn´t be surprise if Shiki shows up or if Robin really got caught off.
Rest assured, its happening

it's no secret The anime staff know the future plot, and they decided to give a nod to Shiki beside the the hag scene

G

Gorosei Informer

To add more fuel to it, we don't know how and why Capone was sucked up by that giant floating island. Theories were former user of Kid's DF using awakening, Fujitora's awakened DF or something or Shiki is involved with that island, maybe his awakening affecting it? The fact it was never mentioned the whole time with Capone really bothers me.

Shiki has WAY too much potential and involvement with Wano for it to be coincidence too. He also was a direct rival of Roger and took on Sengoku and Garp at Marineford in a grief stricken rage over Roger's death and destroyed half of it! At least if I remember right?

I used to push the Shiki Wano agenda for years now, even since Strong World when he appeared but I've lost so much hope for him since then. Who the fuck met Crocus on that cover page? Was it Shiki then?

Status
Not open for further replies.