General & Others Wano War Is The Worst War I’ve Ever Read in Any Shone!n

Well imagine if kurama shot a bijuu bomb straight to one of the jounins head and they survived? Yeah i can nit either.

Kaguya is a better character than kaido or big mom and at least team 7 contributing to beat kaguya was a feel good moment unlike luffy needing validation from everyone with wasteful paneltime.
Kaguya literally has no character, i dont feel anything reading about her. Any bad character like BM is better than someone who has no character. Madara was built-up as an okay character only to be Zetsu's and Kaguya's hypetool, both have no character. Any powerlevel inconsistencies Wano had are better than that kind of flaw.

:josad:Oden was done from a base club hit
Kinemon is here running around despite being clubbed by adcoc hit and cut fatally

How will someone take Oda's PL serious?

+ I'm not gonna talk about the mysteries which he keeps adding more questions or characters like Toki who served no purpose than just have kids.
Doesn't mean base club > ACoC club. But sure, Oda's PL depiction is nevertheless absurd.

:kayneshrug:

I agree and apparently Oda's art is getting worse in onigashima as well.
He's been drawing manga almost weekly for 25 years, his hands may be getting shot. He still puts out bangers, Luffy vs Kaido recently was super clean with both art & choreography (1037? Last few chapters).

My hands lock up after just casually coloring a manga book for an hour, i dunno how these men&women do it.

At least OP fandom as a whole can agree that Wano is a garbage arc lol.
Hah, yeah. I enjoy it because, yay! more one piece!, but it is very boilerplate & disappointing so far.

It is more enjoyable when binged & i am catching a lot i missed or had forgotten about as well as I understand characters better, but it still also showcases loudly the couple of things Oda does that I don't enjoy. Silhouettes, fake deaths, putting off something narratively so that it coincides with something as arbitrary as a chapter number pun or reference, off screened fights, adhd juggling of (too many) storylines, saccing SH interactions &building for excessive world building etc.

My borderline toxic rant above aside, i still sit & have a (n internal) smile when i sit and read my Wano volumes, I just wish Oda didn't feel as if he suddenly had to rush things.

I have hope that we are fools and he will deliver, Toki's prophecy hasn't been fulfilled. There may still be a moment where all of Wano sees 9 shadows bring Dawn to Wano. We may not get purely "ZKK" but rather Zoro with Scabbards ,minus Kiku who is missing an arm, is this 9?, KIll Kaido. Enma will get to fulfill Oden's wish alongside his retainers & it isn't the upset as ZKK is narratively (id still mark for it).

Last edited:
I will wait with my final rating until Wano is actually completed.

But to name an interim conclusion, I'll give my current rating.

0 means extremely bad 10 means extremely good. Wano is currently a benevolent 3/10 for me.

Wait and see if Oda still manages to convince me. If so, he would be a genius.

So far the Beast pirates are extremely underwhelming, Kind and Queen are subjectively weaker than Doflamingo, Jack is irrelevant.

Gifters/Pleasures etc are so weak looking and ugly. I thought the Beast Pirates would be extremely intimidating creatures, but they are meh.

I'm looking forward to Vegapunk, Toki/Void Century subplot, Reverie incident, Oni Race, Lunarians, Zunisha, Legendary Devilfruit, Gorosei, Black Sword forging, Wanos weard partial islands, Huge Skull Oni Onigashima subplot, Blackbeard's move, maybe Shanks, Admiral showing up, Joy Boy, Uranus, Nika ... Those are the ingredients that can save Wano.

Last edited:
I will wait with my final rating until Wano is actually completed.

But to name an interim conclusion, I'll give my current rating.

0 means extremely bad 10 means extremely good. Wano is currently a benevolent 3/10 for me.

Wait and see if Oda still manages to convince me. If so, he would be a genius.

So far the Beast pirates are extremely underwhelming, Kind and Queen are subjectively weaker than Doflamingo, Jack is irrelevant.

Gifters/Pleasures etc are so weak looking and ugly. I thought the Beast Pirates would be extremely intimidating creatures, but they are meh.

I'm looking forward to Vegapunk, Toki/Void Century subplot, Reverie incident, Oni Race, Lunarians, Zunisha, Legendary Devilfruit, Gorosei, Black Sword forging, Wanos weard partial islands, Huge Skull Oni Onigashima subplot, Blackbeard's move, maybe Shanks, Admiral showing up, Joy Boy, Uranus, Nika ... Those are the ingredients that can save Wano.
Wait for a separate novel or one-shot to explain all of these plot lines. It will not happen in this decade.

Wano started from chapter 909 (2 July 2018), now we are at 1038. 3.5 years already, and I expect it to end by the end of 2022. Wano alone will take 4 to 4.5 years. Oda is an inconclusive writer, he is like a tree with a lot of branches, but there is no fruit on it.

Wano war is the biggest disappointment and worst war ever!

There's literally nothing serious nor great about this war.
Wano war:
  • Repetitive fake tensions
  • Repetitive fake deaths
  • Repetitive "coming back up" easily from Luffy and co no matter how many times they get KOed
  • Forced drama
  • Dragging of plots
  • Subplots and subplots
  • Enemies like King & Queen attacking their own men (who didn't even betray Kaido)
  • offscreen major battles: Dukes vs jack on the roof/ dukes vs Jack/Pero
  • Repetitive running scenes (people running around like they are doing marathons or whatever ) *PANELS WASTED
  • Main villains don't feel a threat even.
  • Conveniences happening
  • A kid ...a kid played a huge role in this war to weaken Beast pirates.
  • Fights ending quick and poorly
  • Yonko fights looking like high tier battle
  • And more irritating stuff incoming
But wait "the war isn't over yet, Oda knows..." stop!
Oda doesn't know all, that's why he himself admits making mistakes or adding more things which he handled poorly.

I never expected Wano to surpass WCI but this is just too funny at this point
Nothing can save Wano unless Oda does a twist where Kaido and BM beat SN trio then declare victory so alliance escape. 2 weeks later yonko fall.
But he won't do that and Wano war will remain the worst war in Shonen Manga

I'm just talking about the raid not Udon or wano arc in general, just the war itself @

@Topi Jerami @Kejon @playa4321
Wano is already taking 4 years, big Mom and Kaido winning will be terrible it's time to move on from this arc
Post automatically merged:

Whitebeard got a piece of his head blown off (With magma)
His insides cooked (With magma)
Suffered 152 gun wounds
Stabbed 267 times with swords
Hit 46 times with cannonballs
Finally dies

Kanjuro's been slashed like what 4-5 times?

Fandom: "WHY ISN"T HE DEAD YET!"
WB is an emperor lol are you really comparing him to Kinemon!?

Last edited:
At least OP fandom as a whole can agree that Wano is a garbage arc lol.
Only if you consider "worstgen" as the representation of the entire fandom. Outside of worstgen the damage control is all–time–high. Have you been to Twitter, YouTube, Reddit recently? And even to other forums? Dude, the excuses, people don't even understand what they're saying...

Only if you consider "worstgen" as the representation of the entire fandom. Outside of worstgen the damage control is all–time–high. Have you been to Twitter, YouTube, Reddit recently? And even to other forums? Dude, the excuses, people don't even understand what they're saying...
The Reddit is unbearable. The only way to view any real discussion there is under the "controversial" tab.